it feels great. The touchscreen is fantastic. I'm ust now getting it set up and downloading all my apps. the wallpaper is not stock, its posted in the wallpaper forum under a torch wallpaper thread. Sorry no more details, i'm trying to set everything up...i will post more later
    08-11-10 10:45 PM
    I've called and pestered and no one is budging Tomorrow at 9 it is. For me anyway.

On another note, pricing after taxes at the Frederica Street AT&T store in Owensboro, KY is around $650 so that sounds like a $599 outright price tag.

Edit: My husband just called me from our local Wal-Mart (Beaver Dam, KY). He said they have, I think, FIFTEEN Torches in stock for $500 outright and they go on sale at 8:30 AM (Central) tomorrow
    yeah same here, 9am it is lol good to see someone from KY, getting mine in Madisonville not too far from you good luck
    08-11-10 10:55 PM
    Just picked up my torch!!! My sister got it free from the launch event last night here in NYC and she gave it to me!!!!

Posting from it now!!!!

Love it!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Give your sister a big ol smooch on the cheek next time you see her!

08-12-10 01:30 AM
    will be waking up in 6 hours to go get mine =)
    08-12-10 02:13 AM
    Typically Newtown anything, is snooty and stuck up.
    1000% agree. I'm from Langhorne. I won't bore everyone with details, but (I am an original BlackBerry user, switched to the iPhone, and now back to BlackBerry) I have a crazy and almost appalling story from iPhone 3G launch day about that Newtown store... Absolutely awful "bedside manner" if you will.
    08-12-10 07:12 AM
    Kinda surprised....jut got to the Princton NJ AT&T store...no one here yet besides me with only 45 minutes till opening. Odd no shows.....even the Pre had a few overnighters lasT year at the local Sprint store.
    08-12-10 07:16 AM
    I just got mine this morning. i'm about to start playing with it. i'll post later on with more feedback.
    08-12-10 07:42 AM
    anyone getting discounts on the outright pricing?
    Im on a corp plan and cant upgrade but really want this phone.
    08-12-10 08:01 AM
    My gf just picked hers up 7am this morning
    at her local Wal-Mart in Freehold, NJ!
    I'll be getting mine later when I actually
    decide to get out of bed lol
    08-12-10 08:23 AM
    Just got mine. Setting it up now. My Washington St. AT&T store in Boston is selling outright for $350. The sales rep didn't quite understand why it was so cheap and most outright sales in the past have been $499 and up. Asked him to hurry up and ring it in before someone caught on!
    08-12-10 09:18 AM
    I just got mine in Greenwich, CT. There were 3 people waiting in line about 10 minutes before the store opened at 9:00. By 9:30, there were 20 people in the store buying 1-3 each. I talked to the manger and she said they had at least 100 in stock and they weren't worried about selling out anytime soon.

Greenwich is a big rich business town so a lot of people here have BlackBerrys (more than most places), so the people at the AT&T store knew what they were doing and they were all buying the Torch. They were not haters in any way which was nice for a change. I had to pay $211.99 (6% sales tax on $199.99).

About the phone:

I used it a little bit so far, but the battery came at about 30% and I need it today so I'm charging it right now. The screen wiggles a little when it is closed which has me a little nervous and disappointed. Not a huge deal, but I don't want that when I buy a brand new phone. Menu scrolling is NOT lagged because of performance. It's clearly lagged because of programming. They want to make sure you want to scroll through screens and not just accidentally moving while clicking an icon. If you click and move a milimeter it won't switch screens, but if you slide an inch it will. I personally like this, especially since its about a 1/10 of a second delay.

The options have me confused a bit so far, but thats just because I am used to the old setup. I need to play around with them to figure it all out.

The Browser.....I tried it on 3g and it loads at a decent speed. I then tried it on WiFi and it is as fast as any other browser out there. It is SMOKING FAST!

Hopefully I will have more info soon, but like I said, the phone came almost dead and I need it charged. If you have any questions, ask away!
    08-12-10 09:27 AM
    could somebody take a close up picture of something and maybe an outside/inside picture? I am absolutely dying to see good the pictures look.
    08-12-10 09:39 AM
    Got mine this morning at the AT&T store in Montgomerville, PA. There were 4 other people there getting one also. Staff said they had plenty in stock. Doing the switch over now from my 9700 to the 9800. Can't wait to play with the bad boy.
    08-12-10 09:43 AM
    just called my local store in rockland cnty ,ny they said they havr plenty in stock and already got my early upgrade approved stoe is charging me 75 per line and coperate cust care gave me her fax to send reciept and they said they will credit me the fee so i am waiting for gf to come home and we will be off to get our 9800's yaaaaaaaahhhooooooooooooo
    08-12-10 09:52 AM
    JUST GOT MINE!!! WOOHOO!!!!
    Got hubby's and mine! There were about 4 people at the door and at 10:00 everyone started coming out of their cars. Walking out now, there are about 10 still there.
    One man was returning his iPhone for the Torch. Said great computer, terrible phone. HIS words, not mine.
    Got cradles AND Otterboxes (pink for me, black for the hubby) oh! Screen protectors too!
    AWESOME phone!!!! Very, very, very fluid. NO LAG!!!
    Went to the Frederick, MD store on Urbana Pike.

08-12-10 09:55 AM
    I see that everyone is posting that the price is $199 w/2 year contract. Damn!! Over here in Northern Virginia, AT&T is posting a price of $99. For the Torch, that's a damn good deal, because I can't see this phone being worth more than $100. I checked it out in stores and damn, it feels good. Unfortunately, I have Verizon and do not want to break my contract early, so I'm waiting until early next year for a new BB. We'll see how long the Torch stays exclusive to AT&T. If they're smart, they'll branch out!!!
    08-12-10 10:12 AM
    Anyone noticing the lag? BGR complained about it. I hope there's none :$
    08-12-10 10:14 AM
    Anyone know if any phone stores are selling them unlocked? best buy or walmart?
    08-12-10 10:20 AM
    Anyone noticing the lag? BGR complained about it. I hope there's none :$
    Menu scrolling is NOT lagged because of performance. It's clearly lagged because of programming. They want to make sure you want to scroll through screens and not just accidentally moving while clicking an icon. If you click and move a milimeter it won't switch screens, but if you slide an inch it will. I personally like this, especially since its about a 1/10 of a second delay.
    08-12-10 10:29 AM
    Has anyone noticed the sliding part of the screen feeling like it has some wiggle room?

When the CSR first handed me the phone, it seemed like I could feel it sort of moving as it shifted in my hand. Anyone else notice this?
    08-12-10 10:36 AM
    I have to add one more thing to my review. AT&T and RIM put WAY too much bull**** on this phone! I don't need links to ESPN, CNN, Bloomberg, Fandango, WHERE, YPmobile, The Weather Channel, and any other bull**** links they had that I can't delete. At least I can still make a folder called "Junk" and hide it!
    08-12-10 10:39 AM
    If you have the Beta Zone Facebook 1.8 beta on your old phone -- the real one with your own keycode, not the leaked one -- DELETE IT FROM YOUR OLD PHONE BEFORE YOU RUN DEVICE SWITCH. First, you don't need it because FB 1.8 is already on the Torch. Second, if you forget to delete it as I did, you'll find that it won't take your key anymore.
    08-12-10 10:52 AM
    I'm reading all this posts with full of emotions.
    Anastasia u r rght I did also hidden junk folder.
    Before I deleted that bull****s from the service book. But when i rebooted it came out again

08-12-10 10:55 AM
    Got my Torch today, really fast in booting, nice faster web, the camera is awesome, nice phone overall
    08-12-10 11:02 AM
    I'm syncing with Windows Media Player right now. I plugged my phone in and clicked "Sync Media" on my phone and my computer gave me an option of what I want to open and I selected Windows Media Player. On the left side of the media player was my entire music collection, on the right side was my Torch's collection (nothing). I literally drag and dropped from the left side to the right side all the music I wanted and then clicked sync. Its at 53% right now. I'll let you know if it worked with a post edit.

EDIT 1: Its at 88% now and I learned that I CAN use my phone while media is syncing. I'll let you know if everything works out in about 12% more.

EDIT 2: Sync worked perfectly. So, you can use your phone while syncing music through USB. All the music was instantly in my music app (unlike with 5.0 where it takes 5 minutes to load all the songs when you first put them on or reinsert your memory card). Speaker volume is really good and clear. I have it full volume and its as loud as I would ever want my phone to play music and it sounds great. Also, switching songs within an album is amazingly easy. So far, I'm loving the music app very much!
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 08-12-10 at 11:12 AM.
    08-12-10 11:04 AM
327 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD