I just got the BB Torch and i try to get into the app world and everytime i try to get into it i have a msg saying "you are not connected to the wireless network", But up in the right hand corner i show i'm connected. Can anyone help me?
    09-08-10 06:15 PM
    do u have a dataplan and have u set up a BIS connection?
    09-08-10 06:23 PM
    i should have a dataplan. I paid for it. Whats a BIS connection and where do i go to find that connection
    09-08-10 06:25 PM
    i should have a dataplan. I paid for it. Whats a BIS connection and where do i go to find that connection
    What does it say in the top right corner of the home screen?
    3G? Edge? edge?

Touch the top of the screen where the clock is. Does a pull down screen show up that says "Manage Connections"?

This shows what your phone is connected to:
    Mobile Network: ATT

Towards the bottom there is "Set Up, Services, and Options"
    Select "Service Status" and see what it says...
    09-08-10 06:32 PM
    It says 3G and then at the top it says AT&T - Linksys
    09-08-10 06:36 PM
    Service Status:
    Connection: Mobile network

BB internet sesrvice:
    Connection: Not connected

Blackberry enterprise Server
    09-08-10 06:41 PM
    is this your first phone? or are you switching from another one with data plan.. like iphone/android?
    call customer service.. asked to be connected to Blackberry Tech support
    Service Status:
    Connection: Mobile network

BB internet sesrvice:

Blackberry enterprise Server
    there's your problem.. call AT&T 611 from your phone..
    they need to set it up for you.. only gonna take 10-15 minutes
    Besides the BIS issue, 'Linksys' tells me you're connected to your router's wi-fi. You should re-name and password encrypt your router. It's dangerous to leave it open like that.
    09-08-10 06:42 PM
    is this your first phone? or are you switching from another one with data plan.. like iphone/android?
    call customer service.. asked to be connected to Blackberry Tech support
    No this isn't my first ohone. Last wednesday i went from a BB bold (9700) to a samsung captivate. Didn't like the captivate that much and of course that is running on android. I switched from the captivate to the bb torch today
    09-08-10 06:43 PM
    Besides the BIS issue, 'Linksys' tells me you're connected to your router's wi-fi. You should re-name and password encrypt your router. It's dangerous to leave it open like that.
    idk how to do that. the router was set up for us
    09-08-10 06:44 PM
    No this isn't my first ohone. Last wednesday i went from a BB bold (9700) to a samsung captivate. Didn't like the captivate that much and of course that is running on android. I switched from the captivate to the bb torch today
    Good on ya!
    09-08-10 06:45 PM
    In the Manage Connections screen under Setup, Services, and Connections, hit the Mobile Network Options and see what it says. Make sure "Data Services" is On.

Have you set-up an email account for your new BB Torch?
    If not, try going into Setup and go through the setup email process.
    Or you can log into your account on ATT website and there should be a setup email thing where you can add a new email address.
    09-08-10 06:47 PM
    based on all the info i gathered from you so far...
    you'll be fine with the Wi-fi in your home..
    you can surf the net.. check your email etc
    but until you have the BIS ( blackberry internet service) set up you won't have the push emails that you were enjoying with your 9700...

call AT&T.. and they will guide you through the set up.
    09-08-10 06:47 PM
    i called customer support and got everything taken care of thank you everybody
    09-08-10 07:09 PM
    i called customer support and got everything taken care of thank you everybody
    See... quick and painless
    come back anytime soon.
    09-08-10 07:20 PM
    I second this motion. Leaving your system open is very bad. In a nutshell, you neighbor or anyone in proximity of your house can use your connection and maybe even obtain all your PC files. That depends on their skill and intentions.

If you need help, PM me with your model router and I will tell you exactly how to set things up.

09-08-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD