don't like swivel and magnet. does anyone use some sort of leather pouch or pouch to store the 9800? If so, what is it?

Thanks.
    08-24-10 05:58 PM
    I've seen some leather pouches at Target that fit the Torch. It's in the electronic accessory section. Most were between $10-$20. Nothing fancy but it does the job if you don't like the holsters with clips.
    08-24-10 06:02 PM
    and no zipper too because I don't use case on any of my phone, so zipper may scratch the phone. it feels bulky with case. i just use screen protector.
    08-24-10 06:47 PM
    can iphone 4 case fit torch?

PHILIPS (Digital Lifestyle Outfitters) Lamb Skin Holster Case for iPhone 4 4th Generation - DLZ40002-BULK-1 / PCMicroStore.com - Hot Deals on Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronic, Camera Accessories, Ipod MP3 Accessories, Gaming Accessories, Iphone

iphone 4 is 5 mm thinner than 9800, everything else looks the same, the height of iphone is 3 mm more than 9800, but the width is 3 mm less, which is not too bad.

this one is leather, velcro, no magnet, no zipper.
    08-25-10 12:00 AM
    I was going to start a new thread about the pouch but may as well stick with this one.

$22.95 from CrackBerry ($30.50 with FL tax + shipping) - available October 11th
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wL_fFZGD

$11.99 + Free Shipping from MobileCityOnline.com available September 29th (3 days ago?)
    Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com

$16.99 + Free Shipping from Newegg.com *In Stock*
    Newegg.com - BlackBerry HDW-31013-001 Black Leather Pocket For Torch 9800

Clearly the MobileCityOnline deal is the best - that's where I ordered mine from - although I prefer Newegg - and now that Newegg has it available (Supposedly. It wasn't available yet when I ordered.) and MobileCityOnline says it was available 3 days ago and mine hasn't shipped yet...I'm wondering if I should cancel and get from Newegg...

...however the fact that CB store says 9 more days until it's available makes me wonder if Newegg and MobileCityOnline aren't mistaken...
    10-02-10 04:15 PM
    Nice, thanks, jeffreii, but it looks like the OEM pouch has a magnet?
    10-02-10 04:23 PM
    Oh it looks like it might - how come you want no magnet?
    10-02-10 04:31 PM
    cause magnet is bad for credit card and i put my phone next to my wallet.
    10-02-10 04:33 PM
    I have the the leather pouch (jeffreii's first link-see the post above). It's nice, classy, and professional. The small red spot/dot on the left hand side also adds a nice touch.

I personally prefer the pouch since it easy to slide in a pocket.
    My only question and to which time will show is whether the case will loosen up with continuous usuage over time. As of now it feels strong and sturdy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 07:17 PM
    I have the the leather pouch (jeffreii's first link-see the post above). It's nice, classy, and professional. The small red spot/dot on the left hand side also adds a nice touch.

I personally prefer the pouch since it easy to slide in a pocket.
    My only question and to which time will show is whether the case will loosen up with continuous usuage over time. As of now it feels strong and sturdy.
    Did you buy yours from the CB store? I didn't know it was available before and sold out or something?
    10-02-10 07:24 PM
    Yes, from the CB store. Got it this past thursday, and it took a week to arrive (with regular mail).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 07:31 PM
    Check https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JWfph2iA - it's a velcro close without the magnet function.
    10-02-10 07:35 PM
    im pretty sure the magnet doesn't have that much of an effect on credit cards =S
    10-03-10 07:11 AM
    I've been using my "BlackBerry Leather Folio Pouch" that I had for my 9000. It fits great, and there's NO holster clip (which I can't stand). It does have magnets though, and they don't line up with the Torch to put it to sleep.

http://www.bolddepot.com/blackberry-...4A120A3874.htm
    Last edited by cestlavie77; 10-03-10 at 09:35 AM.
    10-03-10 09:11 AM
    I was going to start a new thread about the pouch but may as well stick with this one.

$22.95 from CrackBerry ($30.50 with FL tax + shipping) - available October 11th
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jMfrlqBU

$11.99 + Free Shipping from MobileCityOnline.com available September 29th (3 days ago?)
    Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com

$16.99 + Free Shipping from Newegg.com *In Stock*
    Newegg.com - BlackBerry HDW-31013-001 Black Leather Pocket For Torch 9800

Clearly the MobileCityOnline deal is the best - that's where I ordered mine from - although I prefer Newegg - and now that Newegg has it available (Supposedly. It wasn't available yet when I ordered.) and MobileCityOnline says it was available 3 days ago and mine hasn't shipped yet...I'm wondering if I should cancel and get from Newegg...

...however the fact that CB store says 9 more days until it's available makes me wonder if Newegg and MobileCityOnline aren't mistaken...
    Crackberry has had them in stock before - I ordered two from them and got them in one day with standard shipping - they just ran out of stock. If you do a search, you can find a 20% off coupon. MCO doesn't have them in stock yet, so that's why you don't have your order. I did a pre-order with MCO, but have since cancelled it because they can't seem to get them in stock where most other retailers have had them for some time.
    10-03-10 09:11 AM
    Crackberry has had them in stock before - I ordered two from them and got them in one day with standard shipping - they just ran out of stock. If you do a search, you can find a 20% off coupon. MCO doesn't have them in stock yet, so that's why you don't have your order. I did a pre-order with MCO, but have since cancelled it because they can't seem to get them in stock where most other retailers have had them for some time.
    Yeah I might have to go with Newegg if MCO doesn't ship soon. Newegg is still far cheaper than the CB store even with 20% off.
    10-03-10 09:20 AM
    cause magnet is bad for credit card and i put my phone next to my wallet.

is this true??
    10-04-10 07:51 AM
    Google

It does seem to be true but, based on what I read, a credit card would have to be close to the small magnet for a long time to have any effect.
    10-04-10 08:57 AM
    Yeah I might have to go with Newegg if MCO doesn't ship soon. Newegg is still far cheaper than the CB store even with 20% off.
    MCO just changed their expected arrival date from Sept. 29 to Oct. 4 (i.e., today). I'm not sure why they'd change it today to today's date if they weren't expecting it (or already had it) in today, but we'll see.
    10-04-10 10:15 AM
    MCO just changed their expected arrival date from Sept. 29 to Oct. 4 (i.e., today). I'm not sure why they'd change it today to today's date if they weren't expecting it (or already had it) in today, but we'll see.
    Interesting - I was planning on waiting to see if it shipped today and if not changing it to Newegg...I might have to give them a call to see if it's actually about to be in stock...I'll still wait a few days to save $5 but I want to know a concrete in stock date...
    10-04-10 10:39 AM
    Interesting - I was planning on waiting to see if it shipped today and if not changing it to Newegg...I might have to give them a call to see if it's actually about to be in stock...I'll still wait a few days to save $5 but I want to know a concrete in stock date...
    Just got the email from them saying it's ready to ship and asking me to confirm. I'm glad I signed up for the free shipping preorder, their regular shipping is $7.
    10-04-10 12:28 PM
    Google

It does seem to be true but, based on what I read, a credit card would have to be close to the small magnet for a long time to have any effect.
    Yes, but if it's small amount each time over a long period of time, it would have an effect. Just like if you are saving a $ a day, one year you have $365. So I would rather not 'saving' my magnet effect to my credit cards.
    10-04-10 12:37 PM
    Just got the email from them saying it's ready to ship and asking me to confirm. I'm glad I signed up for the free shipping preorder, their regular shipping is $7.
    Same here - confirmed and hopefully they ship it out today.

Yes, but if it's small amount each time over a long period of time, it would have an effect. Just like if you are saving a $ a day, one year you have $365. So I would rather not 'saving' my magnet effect to my credit cards.
    I agree - I don't think my pouch will be near my wallet often at all though - and worst case scenario replacement credit cards are free lol
    10-04-10 01:05 PM
    Thank you for posting those links, I hate not having a case for my phone and I dont want the belt case. I think I may get that one from MCO.
    10-04-10 08:03 PM
    Thank you for posting those links, I hate not having a case for my phone and I dont want the belt case. I think I may get that one from MCO.
    I think Newegg is your best bet considering the free shipping at MCO was only for pre-orders.
    10-04-10 08:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD