So I'm trying to put a full movie on my torch and I have followed many instructions and converted with many connverters that I have downloaded. And it still says that the movie is not oof the right format. What am I doing wrong? N e suggestions or n e one know what to do?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 10:22 AM
    get virtualdub and download the xvid codec. Recode into xvid and you're golden! Just google any info you need on how to, there are a lot of very thorough walk throughs!

10-26-10 10:25 AM
    I have used Mobiola Visual Studio which is available on this site. It will customization of format and resolution as well as by brand and model. You can use the Storm 2 default format since the resolution is similar to the Torch in the mp4 or mpeg format.
    10-26-10 10:45 AM
    Verrry interesting........
    10-26-10 11:29 AM
    To me this is the 1 thing that drives me crazy. It's too much work to simply download and watch a movie on a bb. That's why of us own iphones or an touch-- it's easier.
    10-26-10 11:31 AM
    It takes an average of 45 minutes to convert a DVD. I have an iPod touch, no sense in carrying two phones. More often than not, I am now carrying just my Torch on which I have a 32GB micro SD card for my movies.
    10-26-10 11:42 AM
    To me this is the 1 thing that drives me crazy. It's too much work to simply download and watch a movie on a bb. That's why of us own iphones or an touch-- it's easier.
    This makes no sense. I convert movies to MP4 for my kids iTouch and my Blackberry. Same format for both.
    Edit: I've used Xilisoft DVD to MP4 Converter for years without any troubles. There are many to choose.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 10-26-10 at 12:00 PM.
    10-26-10 11:58 AM
    Have you tried converting your movies so that they match the settings of the demo clip that comes with the phone?
    10-26-10 12:47 PM
    @sallenthornton, every movie I try works on my bb qithout conversion, and I download a lot of tv shows that work just as well. So I'm guessing this guy has downloaded some odd format that the blessed iphone won't recognize either. Quit trying to make yourself feel better and move on.

10-26-10 01:01 PM
    Handbrake, Handbrake, Handbrake. Trust me. Use the Classic or iPod setting and set the width to 480.
    10-26-10 02:34 PM
    Another vote for Handbrake. Excellent program.
    10-26-10 02:44 PM
    thanks everyone for the replies i will try all of them hopefully i can get it to work i mean i have the movies downloded i just need a good converter and in what format i think imma try the ipod or i phone settings thank you
    10-26-10 05:42 PM
    I use Xillisoft Video Converter Ultimate. Have for years and has never done me wrong. Even has a blackberry setting.
    10-26-10 07:59 PM
    @sallenthornton, every movie I try works on my bb qithout conversion, and I download a lot of tv shows that work just as well. So I'm guessing this guy has downloaded some odd format that the blessed iphone won't recognize either. Quit trying to make yourself feel better and move on.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better.... Not sure I understand the comment. But, after owning many blackberry's, I have never watched a movie on one. Not to say I didn't "try" though. I am not as technical as many on this forum and lose patience quickly.

I love blackberry and have owned many, using the iPhone 4 waiting for the 9780 to drop. I feel better now.
    10-27-10 12:32 AM
    Try formatfactory. Its the best and free. Will convert anything to anything. Have tried many and liked this the best.
    Format Factory - Free media file format converter
    10-27-10 02:31 AM
    I thought the Torch could play most formats, without the need to convert the videos.
    10-27-10 04:18 PM
    The torch can play anything. I just copied a xvid that I downloaded right now to try and it played flawlessly. Even had an icon as a screen shot in the videos folder.

Now it was a widescreen movie so it had the 2 black bars on top and bottom so I don't know if you guys are talking about recoding to resize so it fits the screen exactly or what. Or on how to convert a physical dvd to a file and watch it... if that is the case then handbrake for sure.
    10-27-10 05:27 PM
    That's what I hoping but that I need to have confirmed, but if it's true it would cement my decision to go for the Torch.

Have you tried more videos, directly from the web?
    10-27-10 06:13 PM
    Some work, some don't. I just tried a regular XVID and it played, but no sound.

+1 for Handbrake, converted in about 45min, lowered the size a bit and works perfect on device. Also, it's free and EASY to use.
    10-27-10 06:20 PM
    Yeah I now tried several that I have downloaded and they all work fine. Give me an example of a direct from web and I can try it.
    10-27-10 06:52 PM
    I tried to put on an avi one of hangover and it didn't work at all. Wallstreet worked but no sound, but after converting through handbrake it worked perfect.

10-27-10 09:16 PM
    OMG this format factory really worked for me. i tried all the other but this one seemed to do the trick thank you clickqass. i also will recommend this one converts all files and DVD and isos im starting to love this thank you again buddy
    10-28-10 11:42 AM
    Call me crazy but I hate this about all devices. When I first got my PSP, I would convert movies to the right size, format, etc. and put them on my PSP to watch. After a couple times of doing that, it just wasn't worth the wait.

I didn't even try to do that on my Torch. I understand for some of you guys, this is nothing. But to me, it's a deal breaker.

Are there any devices (apple's touch, HTC phones, etc.) that will just take a downloaded movie, show, etc. and run them without having to convert and resize?
    10-28-10 02:21 PM
    If you want a click and go then nero, dvdfab, itunes, and desktop software for most any mp3 player with video play back.
    If you want to control your finished product. Meaning if quilty over file size is more important then megui or vlc is nice options. W/ megui you can convert bluray to mp4. You can choose your own bitrate. If you have a large SD card you won't suffer from a large file size.

10-28-10 02:26 PM
    While I agree with those who have recommended using Handbrake to format video files for use on the Torch, I have admit that it's pretty frustrating that the on the "digital download" discs that now come with many DVD's and Blu-rays won't play on the Torch.
    10-28-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD