Hi all,

Just bought a Torch to replace my Bold 9000, after I charged the battery I want to release the battery to install my SIM card, but i found it's so difficult and hard to release it. Can someone tell me how to release the battery from its place ?.
    Your help will be highly appreciated.....
    12-12-10 10:27 PM
    I had the same issue - however you may not want to do what I did.

I used a fork to get under the battery and lift it out. I dont recommend doing it that way, but I can assure you it works!
    surez likes this.
    12-12-10 10:34 PM
    With the torch back facing you, the top right of the battery there a gap. I used my finger nail but you can use a small screw driver.
    surez likes this.
    12-12-10 10:34 PM
    Towards the top right of the battery, you will see a cutout in the frame. There is also an indentation on the battery in that cutout to grab it with your fingernail. If you can't get it with your finger, use a small screwdriver or something to pry it out.
    surez likes this.
    12-12-10 10:37 PM
    with the back of the torch facing you there is a small gap in the battery top right use your figure nail to pull it out
    surez likes this.
    12-12-10 11:32 PM
    i actually found that a light slap against the palm of your hand, the battery plops right out. with my 9700, i had to pry it out.
    surez likes this.
    12-13-10 12:09 AM
    Thanks all, it works !!!!. But why should that difficult?.......
    12-13-10 03:10 AM
    brand new batteries are a tight fit. removing and replacing over time may loosen them up a bit. you would rather have a tight battery than a loose one.
    surez likes this.
    12-13-10 03:30 AM
    Towards the top right of the battery, you will see a cutout in the frame. There is also an indentation on the battery in that cutout to grab it with your fingernail. If you can't get it with your finger, use a small screwdriver or something to pry it out.
    I've never had an issue taking out my battery, unless I tried the day after or the day I cut my nails.. Then I'd get my girlfriend to use her nail in the place this person, and the one above him describe.
    12-13-10 05:45 AM
    Much easier way...turn phone battery side down...cup your hand and hit the phone against the sides of your hand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD