Okay. My Blackberry Curve 8900 took a run through the washing machine and no longer works... But luckily a few days before I backed up my files on my computer like I usually do once a week(incase this happens). I'm about to buy the new Blackberry Torch 9800 and I need to know, will I be able to back my Torch up with the files from my curve?! I had some important things on there.. Please help. Thanks.
    01-26-11 03:44 PM
    Im new to BB but from what I have heard yes you will be able to.
    01-26-11 03:47 PM
    Okay. My Blackberry Curve 8900 took a run through the washing machine and no longer works... But luckily a few days before I backed up my files on my computer like I usually do once a week(incase this happens). I'm about to buy the new Blackberry Torch 9800 and I need to know, will I be able to back my Torch up with the files from my curve?! I had some important things on there.. Please help. Thanks.
    Yes, you will be able to. Any emails, texts, messages, files, etc... should transfer over. Only programs, themes, and such which aren't compatable with the Torch's OS won't.

Hope that helps.
    01-26-11 03:48 PM
    You will be able to restore data from your backed up Curve file to the Torch. I did not use Device Switch through the Desktop Manager. Instead, I selected to restore data like contacts, calendar from that file.

Some people have headaches with OS5 apps trying to restore when using Device Switch, but for just putting things like Memos, contacts, etc, you won't have issues.
    01-26-11 03:49 PM
    Awesome. Really I just need my contacts, emails and saved pictures. I'm not worried about apps, I can get those easy. but yes, I needed to know about contacts and whatnot. Thank you guys!
    01-26-11 03:52 PM
    With files you mean data? If you backed up using desktop manager then yes, you can restore data (contacts, memos, bookmarks and more). Desktop manager only backs up device data and optionally what you have in the onboard storage (videos, pictures, documents), not what you have on the microsd. But since you had a curve 8900, if you didn't backup the microsd and it damaged during the washing then, you lost all the files, unless you meant that you had backed up these files and data with what you said. Also, you can restore apps only if you you backed them up using the device switch wizard or bbsak as desktop manager doesn't not back them up in a direct way, so basically, if you didn't back them up, you won't be able to restore them unless you also meant apps with "files backup" ;b

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD