Well there must be a reason every review compares phones to the iPhone. It Is the best overall device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 01:35 PM
    Well there must be a reason every review compares phones to the iPhone. It Is the best overall device.

The best overall device would not have an antenna flaw inhibiting reception. It the best media player and social networking device that a phone attached to it. It has a lot of great features and it is too easy of a comparison which is not a valid one given the Torch's current specs. When the devices are eventually more evenly matched, then let's compare then. "Best" is always subjective.
    08-08-10 01:39 PM
    like i said kid it depends what you want it for. are you looking to play games on it? apps? that kind of thing? then get the iphone.

if you want a tool not a toy, something that provides amazing security, encrypts your msgs and provides bbm and pin to pin msging get a blackberry. blackberries are tools and iphones are toys. have your pick

when if I want neither? when if I want a blackberry because I like the messaging and fast email notifications and ease of use with drag and drop for my videos and music? I mean that's the original reason why I left the iphone for my blackberry. I wanted a physical keyboard with good email notifications and a nice way to handle beejive and a decent browser. Didn't really care that much for security and encryptions and pin to pin. Blackberries just seem to do what I wanted to do in a easy package. Only disappointment I have with them is the lack of apps/games and the price of them.
    08-08-10 01:43 PM
    It's the best overall because it excels in more areas than other phones. The antenna is a non issue and completely overblown.

08-08-10 01:47 PM
    Making a phone call and having sufficient battery power to get through the day are not overblown as those are important to most of us.
    08-08-10 01:48 PM
    iPhone 4 in your situation. At $154, you can save the money and get a really nice case or just go to Best Buy and get side shields.
    08-08-10 01:48 PM
    Get the iPhone 4 and the Torch. Put the iPhone 3G and the 9700 up for sale.
    08-08-10 01:56 PM
    U pick the phone that excels most in the areas u need. The iPhone excels in more areas but obviously doesn't mean it's the best phone for everyone.

08-08-10 02:14 PM
    U pick the phone that excels most in the areas u need. The iPhone excels in more areas but obviously doesn't mean it's the best phone for everyone.

Well said. Now can we move on and focus on the device itself?
    08-08-10 02:18 PM
    Played with my kid's iPhone. yuck. the interface would have me throwing it out the window within hours of purchase.

Played with the Torch. Wow. I have spent at least an hour contemplating a change to that beauty. It has all of the i and none of the phony.

The best phone for me is still my 9000. I know how to use it. It works. I dropped it five feet onto a concrete floor. It dropped my call. We're even. I've had it my pocket commando stylee for the last year and a half. Shows a little wear. The 9800 does so much I can't find a use for. I don't game. If I need internet in the field I can tether a laptop. I don't know what bbm is. I have a facebook account I used once to get some vendor data. Now Griselda Snagglesnatch wants to be my friend. Thank you facebook for letting me turn off email alerts. Apparently, by todays standards, I'm about as social as VD.

Anyone seen the new Activia media blitz? That logo... What's next? The slogan "Your t*rd, delivered?"
    Last edited by palomartian; 08-08-10 at 02:56 PM.
    08-08-10 02:39 PM
    The iphone is the best phone overall. It doesn't mean that its the best phone for everyone's need, that's why their is android, there is iphone, there is free phones, etc.
    The antenna issue is overblown and the iphone 4 battery last all day and then some(not true for iphone, 3g or 3gs).
    No phone is perfect. The torch has some issues, but in my opinion its an easy choice:
    You love blackberry: torch
    You want what iphones have: IP4
    Again, I have tried the iphone, got tired of the iphone and I don't care about all the things iphone has to offer.
    I love my BB9700, but I want the new OS 6, bigger screen, and a better browser(torch)

08-08-10 03:12 PM
    when if I want neither? when if I want a blackberry because I like the messaging and fast email notifications and ease of use with drag and drop for my videos and music? I mean that's the original reason why I left the iphone for my blackberry. I wanted a physical keyboard with good email notifications and a nice way to handle beejive and a decent browser. Didn't really care that much for security and encryptions and pin to pin. Blackberries just seem to do what I wanted to do in a easy package. Only disappointment I have with them is the lack of apps/games and the price of them.
    you dont seem like a blackberry user. stick to iphone/android.
    08-08-10 03:45 PM
    For now I'm gonna hold off on the torch and am waiting for the Dell Lightning. That is looking mighty fine.

08-08-10 04:25 PM
    Easy, ask urself: Keyboard or not. Pushmail or not.
    08-08-10 04:27 PM
    Look I'm not trying to start WWIII, but iphone does have push email, so all those comments previously are ridiculous. The question was asked Torch or i phone, just gave my thoughts.
    08-08-10 04:30 PM
    Good for you. The i4 is a great phone but for the rest of us for whom the Torch meets their needs, please leave us alone.
    So go to TiPB. Whats your motive here?
    I just love ppl who hide behind anonymity.
    I bet you throw rocks @ ppl when they're walking away from you.

KEVIN.....you're the only one who can stop the madness!!!!
    Why bug out on the guy? The OP is asking a question that pertains to BB and iPhone 4, and kenwolf said what he did.

Fanboy rage.
    08-08-10 04:41 PM
    Look I'm not trying to start WWIII, but iphone does have push email, so all those comments previously are ridiculous. The question was asked Torch or i phone, just gave my thoughts.
    Never tried pushmail on iphone. at least it's not famous for it.

Then the question is rather simple now: keyboard or not, BBM or not. if no, go with iPhone.
    08-08-10 04:43 PM
    Look not trying to start WWIII, the question asked was Torch or iPhone, all I was expressing was that I too had a hard decision, but decided to go with the iPhone. In addition what makes you think the iPhone doesn't have push email, because it does, if you want to criticize me for my thoughts fine, but know your facts first. To set the record straight, I own my own business, with a number of employees, who also have switched, and well past 28 years old, but thanks for the compliment.
    08-08-10 04:43 PM
    To set the record straight, I own my own business, with a number of employees, who also have switched, and well past 28 years old, but thanks for the compliment.
    It's hard to get credence for what you're trying to say just because you own a business. There are other professions which need BB capabilities more than some businesses.

However that's a thin line - people do knowingly give up what's useful on a BB to go for eye-candy fad; they justify it by telling themselves they can "work around" and "make do" with it. Nothing wrong with that, personal choices.
    08-08-10 09:46 PM
    I use BlackBerry for college because I want my email delivered right there on the spot. iPhone 4 is just for play. Plain and simple.
    08-08-10 09:50 PM
    I use BlackBerry for college because I want my email delivered right there on the spot. iPhone 4 is just for play. Plain and simple.
    Implying the iPhone can't get college emails
    08-08-10 10:15 PM
    Did you read that on your htc evo?

I believe he's implying iphone doesnt get you your emails instantly.
    08-08-10 10:19 PM
    Did you read that on your htc evo?

I believe he's implying iphone doesnt get you your emails instantly.
    Yeah I don't access the forums via m.crackberry.com anymore, its quite fast even with Flash content.

Also, implying the iPhone doesn't have push email.
    08-08-10 10:31 PM
    I won't lie I went from bb9700 to I4 and 2weeks Later I'm back the phone was OK the battery life blowed and you have to hold the phone a certain way. Not for you I'm getting the Torch Thursday and i cant wait. You'll be unhappy with the I4 trust me BB is the way to go
    08-08-10 11:40 PM
    Well iPhone isn't true push, but the Berry is. I get emails faster on my 9700 than I do on my iPhone. iPhone set to push = bad battery life.
    08-08-10 11:50 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD