Guys, I recently went from an iPhone 3G to a Bold 9700. Love the 9700 but after a few weeks I do miss the touch screen. Only prob is now I can't bring back my BB to Rogers. Tried a Torch in the US this week and loved it. I would have to pay full price though. I am eligible for an iPhone 4 for $159. Only thing staying me away is the antenna issue. Don't know how much I could get for the 9700 on Used Ottawa. If I could get a decent price I would go with the Torch since my 9700 is only a month old. As I said I really do miss the scrolling, pinch zoom and better browsing on the touch screen. Honestly don't know what to do
    08-08-10 08:37 AM
    If you are truly happy with the 9700 and it suits your needs, stick with it until your upgrade opportunity arises. My son and I tested both. The Torch will make most existing BB users who want to upgrade very happy. I like the i4 and what I saw but isn't the purpose of a phone to have stable and strong signal strength.
    08-08-10 08:43 AM
    I went from the BB Bold to i4 and never looked back.
    08-08-10 08:45 AM
    Good for you. The i4 is a great phone but for the rest of us for whom the Torch meets their needs, please leave us alone.
    08-08-10 08:48 AM
    Guys, I recently went from an iPhone 3G to a Bold 9700. Love the 9700 but after a few weeks I do miss the touch screen. Only prob is now I can't bring back my BB to Rogers. Tried a Torch in the US this week and loved it. I would have to pay full price though. I am eligible for an iPhone 4 for $159. Only thing staying me away is the antenna issue. Don't know how much I could get for the 9700 on Used Ottawa. If I could get a decent price I would go with the Torch since my 9700 is only a month old. As I said I really do miss the scrolling, pinch zoom and better browsing on the touch screen. Honestly don't know what to do
    Dude....you just opened up another 700 post sparring match. I can't take it any more.
    Simple:
    if push email, a communication device, notification LED's, great battery life, and an extremely "no nonsense" OS is what you're looking for....go Blackberry.
    If you wanna surf the web and be the proud owner of a fart app...go iPhone.
    This is a decision one needs to make for one's self.
    Please....delete this post before another monster is created..........
    08-08-10 08:50 AM
    I think you should get the huggies as they have the leg elastic which the pampers don't. Try them and see what is best for you. Since this is a bb forum I think answers will be bias if you ask on an apple site they will be bias there also.
    08-08-10 08:58 AM
    I went from the BB Bold to i4 and never looked back.
    So go to TiPB. Whats your motive here?
    I just love ppl who hide behind anonymity.
    I bet you throw rocks @ ppl when they're walking away from you.

KEVIN.....you're the only one who can stop the madness!!!!
    08-08-10 08:59 AM
    depends on what you need and want, If you like games, browsing, and various cool apps then the Iphone is the call, if you want a phone that does email better than anyone and is easy to type, text, etc on and that will be its main use with the occasional time killer app etc, then BB is the call wether or not is the 9800 or 9700 is really just personal preference. Personally OS6 is just a nice refresh of the OS and will not be necessary for 90% of users so I would stick with the 9700. Its the best blackberry on the market by far in my opinion. Best Battery, form factor, great keyboard, good enough memory to run a decent amount of apps very well.
    08-08-10 09:24 AM
    I should have not let the post from kenwolf bate me. It does depend on your needs and whether the Torch is enough of an improvment to meet them. I am a busy professional and don't have a lot of spare time but the patience to accept the device specs and hope for more. Based upon what I "actually" tested, the Torch is enough of an improvement over my 9700 that I can't wait to unbox. I looked at the i4 more closely as well. It has alot of nice features but I also prefer a berry since I would rather think about what I want to do on a PHONE rather than have someone decide for me. The Torch offers multiple combinations of trackpad, keyboard and touchscreen interaction that the i4 just can't meet for my needs.
    08-08-10 09:39 AM
    How old are you? What type of a job do you have?
    If you are older person over 28 and have a formal job like office work, marketing, etc get a blackberry

if your a youngster and just want a cool toy to play with get an iphone
    08-08-10 09:44 AM
    If you are older person over 28 and have a formal job like office work, marketing, etc get a blackberry

wow, ya cant just put people in groups like that! thats really sterotyping a brand, which ent good.

also why if its for over 28`s in a formal job, does it have a more media-centric focus? you cant just say `your in such and such demographic, get this phone` life doesnt work like that, everyone has their own taste
    08-08-10 09:50 AM
    wow, ya cant just put people in groups like that! thats really sterotyping a brand, which ent good.

also why if its for over 28`s in a formal job, does it have a more media-centric focus? you cant just say `your in such and such demographic, get this phone` life doesnt work like that, everyone has their own taste
    I agree w/you, but what I think SackHarry was trying to say is; no mater what age, if communication is your need, it's BB hands down.
    If it's web surfing and playing games, iPhone. This just kind of "stereotypes" a user almost through default.
    I hope I just didn't throw SH under the bus in an effort to "clarify"
    08-08-10 09:58 AM

I guess a BB is not for me since i'm under 28 and don't have a formal job like office work & marketing. Who wants to buy my 9700? Lol
    08-08-10 10:01 AM
    Browsing the webkit browser is a much better experience than the 9700.
    08-08-10 10:13 AM
    You said it will only cost you $159 to get into an iPhone 4? I'd go for it if all that's holding you back is the antenna. Besides, a case or invisishield/best skins ever solves the issue anyway if you want to go caseless.

I've been anxiously awaiting the 9800 like everyone else. I was disappointed with the final specs, but I still went to play with it yesterday at AT&T. I liked it, but didn't love it. I feel it's overpriced a bit, but at $199 I'd still buy it. However, I don't feel adding any more to buy without a contract is worth it. At least the iphones hold their value when you do so.

Right now, my 3GS is still worth enough to cover the original cost of the phone plus my termination fee should I decide to jump ship.
    08-08-10 10:19 AM
    I will say if you don't have the money, then stick with what you have as the 9700 is still an awesome device....I do know what you mean about TS though. I miss the real estate and the Torch has both TS and physical KB.

They couldn't give me an iPhone4...,now some Andriods do catch my fancy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 10:25 AM
    i love Mac. let's just get it out for full disclosure.
    i own a macbook Pro, ipod touch and "used" to own a iphone 3G
    i switched to a Blackberry Bold 9000 and i still love it up to this day.

i'm that "GUY" who doesn't believe in the one gadget to rule them all.

if i need i camera = i use a point and shoot canon
    if i need to go a bit more = i use my DSLR
    if i need to listen to music/watch video = ipod touch
    if i need to surf the web for more than 1 hour = laptop
    if i need to watch a movie/ stream on the go = laptop or my old 9 inch DVD player
    if i need to call/sms/mms/ email in a minute = motorola razor or blackberry

having the said attitude, protected me from the disappointment that most members of the iphone community and the BB community suffers.. which is they want their device to DO everything and DO it BEST.
    so bottomline is this

let me ask the dumbest question..
    why do you NEED an iphone 4 or a blackberry torch?
    think for a moment. do you need a phone with multimedia capability ( Torch)
    or do you need a multimedia device with phone capability ( iphone 4)

your 9700 will FIT my needs even up to 2011.
    08-08-10 10:32 AM
    As much as I think the torch is really a Storm 9531 more than anything else, I would take it over the iPhone 4, because the iPhone 4 has a pathetic antenna.
    08-08-10 10:34 AM
    If you are really into multimedia, get the iPhone. If you prefer a device that's better at messaging and calling, get the BlackBerry. Simple as that.
    08-08-10 10:55 AM
    Keep in mind for messaging you still get no chance at IMAP subfolders on email accounts with a torch without BES. if this is important to you, an iPhone may outdo a bb for email.
    08-08-10 11:12 AM
    I guess a BB is not for me since i'm under 28 and don't have a formal job like office work & marketing. Who wants to buy my 9700? Lol
    like i said kid it depends what you want it for. are you looking to play games on it? apps? that kind of thing? then get the iphone.

if you want a tool not a toy, something that provides amazing security, encrypts your msgs and provides bbm and pin to pin msging get a blackberry. blackberries are tools and iphones are toys. have your pick
    08-08-10 11:51 AM

You'd be surprized. I have a store and most of my employees are 15-20. They mostly have blackberry's. I asked one of them which is more popular, and he said "blackberry, everybody is on bbm!"

So maybe in my city, the kids are all about blackberries.
    08-08-10 12:32 PM
    The blackberry is a get-stuff-done type of phone. The iPhone is centered towards more of a multi-media platform. The torch can perform similar functions to that of an iPhone 4. Though the torch in my opinion is more of a well rounded phone than the iP4. Also no phone on the market can compete with blackberry's push email and organization.
    08-08-10 12:46 PM
    That's easy:
    If u want the best phone, go with IP4
    If u r a BB fan, u can't go wrong with the Torch.
    One thing every reviewer has agreed is that BB torch is the best BB to date.
    Personally I would go for the torch!

08-08-10 01:06 PM
    That's easy:
    If u want the best phone, go with IP4
    If u r a BB fan, u can't go wrong with the Torch.
    One thing every reviewer has agreed is that BB torch is the best BB to date.
    Personally I would go for the torch!

i don't exactly share your definition of BEST phone..
    08-08-10 01:28 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD