Hi,

I just purchased a brand new Blackberry torch from a nearby at&t vendor, and the device seemed to work great. Once i got it home later that evening and started playing with it (just adding contacts and whatnot) the phone would randomly auto restart itself.

This issue seems to be completely at random, and sometimes will just start restarting itself over and over again.

I will be taking the phone back to the vendor tomorrow, unless anyone has faced a similar issue, or has any suggestions.

Thanks!
    01-01-11 06:08 PM
    I would pull the battery and also make sure it has the most recent at&t released software, just plug it into your desktop manager and it will check for you. If not, make sure to get a new one from the vendor! Bummer to hear! If you create a back up of all your contacts etc before you take it back using the desktop manager, you should be able to load that backup onto the new device.
    01-01-11 06:17 PM
    Yes, battery has been removed several times, and a different at&t vendor i visited in the meantime gave me a new sim card, although the old one was brand new. Sometimes i can use the phone for hours, and then all of a sudden it will just start resetting itself. Going to check the phones version soon, if it will stay on long enough to connect to the PC...it is currently turning off almost as soon as it boots up...
    01-01-11 06:23 PM
    Since that is the case, make sure and get a new device. That sounds like they need to send that device back to get refurbished.
    01-01-11 06:27 PM
    Yes i suppose so. Very disheartening for my first new Blackberry device. It would be nice to actually be able to use it for more than 30 minutes at a time...or even 1 minute as it is currently just constantly rebooting...
    01-01-11 06:32 PM
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your first blackberry experience, hopefully your future experiences will be much better
    01-01-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD