My white has stains! How do I take them off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 02:09 PM
    What type of stains and where on the phone are they?

12-25-10 02:13 PM
    The sides and the keyboard

12-25-10 02:27 PM
    I'm guessing its stains from your hands. Maybe try rubbing it down with isopropyl alcohol.
    12-25-10 02:49 PM
    I'm guessing its stains from your hands. Maybe try rubbing it down with isopropyl alcohol.
    Ditto I use the small packets that have eyeglass solution on them you know lens cleaners. I just rub the pad all over the phone. Seems to work good and no moisture has gotten inside from those. They also make moistened cleaning sheets for use on computer screens and such. Wring them out a bit and try those.

OP are you sure its not the color coming off? I saw a thread here about the color coming off the red Torches.

12-25-10 03:23 PM
    whatever you do DO NOT put the solutions directly on your phone. Put a little on a cleaning cloth, and then rub it down with the cleaning cloth. I destroyed my old bold 9000 when I put some cleaning solution directly on the phone.
    12-25-10 04:06 PM
    try windex!
    12-25-10 04:14 PM
    try windex!
    Windex is likely too strong for the paint used on the Torch, and would likely just eat through the paint and some of the plastics as well.

As has been said, try using a sunglass/eyeglass cleaning cloth and rub gently, but briskly on the stained areas.

12-25-10 04:31 PM
    I would fear this if I had the white torch. You could try baby wipes or wet wipes. I used to use them on my white mac laptop to take off the dirt stains.

12-25-10 07:36 PM
    whatever you do DO NOT put the solutions directly on your phone. Put a little on a cleaning cloth, and then rub it down with the cleaning cloth. I destroyed my old bold 9000 when I put some cleaning solution directly on the phone.

I was hoping and ***-u-med one would be smart enough to not submerge their phone in any liquid.
    12-25-10 07:39 PM
    I was hoping and ***-u-med one would be smart enough to not submerge their phone in any liquid.
    It's less about "submerging" and more about pouring solution directly on the device, while we all -hope- those we provide guidance to are not so foolish as to do so, but do remember, "Caution: Contents are hot" didn't make it on to hot drink cups by chance.

The phrase "better safe than sorry" comes into play in this situation.
    12-25-10 08:23 PM
    Since it's a white colored phone, he could also fill a bowl with Clorox and soak it in there for a night. Wouldn't do the same for a black Torch though..for that I recommend a bowl of hot water with a spoon of color safe detergent and some softener mixed in.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-25-10 at 08:41 PM.
    12-25-10 08:39 PM
    I use alcohol swabs to clean my phones. I lightly dab it on the phone entirely with it, then use my Blackberry cleaning cloth to wipe it down. Never damaged any of my phones and I've been doing this for years.
    12-25-10 08:41 PM
    I have used some lightly wet q tips for things like this before and have never had any water damage.
    12-25-10 11:03 PM
    I am using mothers carnauba wax it keeps my phone clean

12-26-10 11:37 AM
    I bought a pink case that has stained my white torch in the front where it's glossy. You can literally see where it's run unto the phone. How do I remove this??? My phone is barely a week old.
    02-01-11 09:34 PM
    I use alcohol swabs to clean my phones. Try that and see if it works.
    02-01-11 10:45 PM
    OP are you sure its not the color coming off? I saw a thread here about the color coming off the red Torches.

That's why I keep it original, Black

02-01-11 11:17 PM
    That's why I keep it original, Black

Once you go black, you can't go back. Blackberry that is. I prefer the black one as well.
    02-01-11 11:48 PM
    Pink Solution (Heavy Mix) works great and will not hurt the phone and is all biodegradable.
    02-02-11 02:05 AM
    I bought a pink case that has stained my white torch in the front where it's glossy. You can literally see where it's run unto the phone. How do I remove this??? My phone is barely a week old.
    It wasn't the white outside/pink inside case that is sold on this site, was it? Because thats the one I want to get when I get my Torch. I don't want to turn my phone pink though!
    02-02-11 10:25 PM
    I wipe the grease off with my thumb.
    02-02-11 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD