Has anyone else had this problem with their new Torch? It seems to be sturdy for the most part when closed (only moves slightly to the side), but when the slider is open mine tends to wobble a little. Wish i could get it to stop! Thats my only complaint with the phone so far. Again just wanting to know im not the only one having this issue right now.
    08-20-10 02:07 PM
    I've had mine and been using it a ton since Monday. No wobble at all. It's a very tight fit both open and closed.
    08-20-10 02:09 PM
    Its a slider. It has moving parts. Moving parts have play. Just enjoy tje phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 02:10 PM
    I havent noticed any wobble or movement when my phone is open but when closed I do have a little bit of movement when pressing the external menu keys. It does bother a bit but not enough to say that I dont love the Torch!
    08-20-10 02:21 PM
    Has anyone else had this problem with their new Torch? It seems to be sturdy for the most part when closed (only moves slightly to the side), but when the slider is open mine tends to wobble a little. Wish i could get it to stop! Thats my only complaint with the phone so far. Again just wanting to know im not the only one having this issue right now.
    With moving parts some wobble is normal. If it really bothers you I would just take it back to the store and check if its within the normal "range of wobble." If it's not, exchange the phone for a new one.
    08-20-10 02:46 PM
    Had mine since launch day and no wobble here. If it is very much I would get another one.
    08-20-10 02:49 PM
    I've had my phone since it was released and haven't had any issues with wobble. I'm constantly sliding open the phone to get to the keypad. It may just be that unit. Exchange it. That's what the return policy is there for. Good luck to you.

08-20-10 03:53 PM
    I had a wobbly unit and took it back to at&t. They replaced it no questions asked. While my first one wobbled only when the slider was closed, the new one wobbled only when open. However, sticking a small piece of cardboard down into the slider solved that problem. It isn't visible, and doesn't change the feel of the slide at all. Couldn't be happier now. It's completely solid. I figure the cardboard will eventually work its way out and then i'll put a new one in.
    08-20-10 06:51 PM
    Mine has a little play to it but my wife's is rock solid. It doesnt bother me but there is definitely a difference.

08-20-10 07:47 PM
    Search wobble or wiggle in this forum. There are at least three lengthy threads -- even a poll. I've returned the phone twice for wobble. Now I have a very solid one. Most of them are. Some wobble, and some of those wobble more than others. It remains to be seen if the solid ones themselves will start to wobble at some point. But one thing is clear: there is no OS upgrade for a wobbly slider screen, and it will never get better.

So the best thing to do is to march down to the AT&T store, tell them the problem and that you want to exchange for a new Torch, and let them know that you aren't leaving until you are satisfied that your new one has no wobble at all even if it means they have to open a dozen boxes.

Edit: it's best to do this at an AT&T store that is quiet and doesn't have a crush of people. That way you won't feel rushed and you can better assess potential wobble. And don't listen to this BS from people who say "all sliders have some play and wobble." There's no question that theere are a fair number of Torches out there with too much.

Last edited by JasW; 08-20-10 at 08:29 PM.
    08-20-10 08:21 PM
    Is your blackberry by any chance white?
    12-08-10 05:58 PM
    is it white
    12-08-10 05:59 PM
    is it white
    This thread was started and the last post was made before the white one was even released. So to answer your question, No none of them were white.
    12-08-10 06:02 PM
    ^ those are my words as well - love the phone

returned the first unit because it was loose when closed.
    the new unit is much better (rock solid when closed), but does move side to side when open ... much less annyoing so I do not plan on returning this unit : )
    12-08-10 10:30 PM
    About the 500th person to post about a wobble
    12-09-10 03:19 AM
    Torch is shiznit
    12-09-10 05:42 AM
    Have you ever used/owned a slider before. I seriously need someone to post a video of this in action.. Some people must have either seriously worry too much or the torch really must really have some sway to it - there have been a few threads on this already if my memory serves me correctly.

I've had 3 sliders - nokia 8800, nokia n95 and a sony ericsson el cheapo walkman style slider and none have had any serious side affects other than usual wear and tear. the torch is definitely going to be my next phone and from what the demo phones I've played with, I have yet to see any real problems with their mechanism.
    12-09-10 07:15 AM
    No wobble here, I've had my phone for about a month, still rock solid. It's a slider and as others have said, has moving parts. If it's that bad, return it.
    12-09-10 08:24 AM
    I have some wobble, but in the last month, it hasn't gotten any worse. At this point, I'm not going to worry about it.

12-09-10 08:27 AM
    the wobble was bugging me, someone on another forum mentioned the AGF GRT Shell case from Att, works awesome. Makes the Torch solid as a rock. The case reinforces your slider mechanism. check out the link BlackBerry Torch GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    Last edited by autechre78; 12-21-10 at 09:39 PM.
    12-21-10 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD