I've just received my 9800 a few days ago. The phone was great, however, the battery only lasted for 2 days though I didn't use it very much (no hidden app, 10' phone calls and 20 messages/day). The battery drains 1-1.5%/hour when idle.

When checking the Core Frequency in the EngineeringS, I realized the App Core always stays at 624Mhz even for idle. That's totally different with my old 9700, when idle the core was only 156Mhz.

So the question is: Is my torch (its core frequency) normal or not?
    12-24-10 03:09 AM
    Quite frankly, your Torch lasted you two days - thats pretty awesome - thus there is no problem here!
    12-24-10 03:28 AM
    There's your problem right there. If your torch is sitting at 624mhz when idle, it's not normal and it's going to suck that battery life out. Mind sits idle at 0-7% and it's no wonder why I tell people my torch has excellent battery life and no one believes me. :/
    Last edited by thymaster; 12-24-10 at 05:35 AM.
    12-24-10 05:33 AM
    I've just received my 9800 a few days ago. The phone was great, however, the battery only lasted for 2 days though

2 day battery life... This is a problem how? You do realize its a RECHARGEABLE BATTERY and anything over a day should be considered quite well in terms of battery usage.
    12-24-10 05:38 AM
    You're core staying at 624mhz is perfectly normal, it's a different processor running you're torch, than the one in the 9700.

The fact that it does run idle tells you it's okay
    12-24-10 06:53 AM
    2 day battery life... This is a problem how? You do realize its a RECHARGEABLE BATTERY and anything over a day should be considered quite well in terms of battery usage.
    It's just.. the battery was not good as I expected. I've read a lot about 9800 before decided to get one. Many people could have Torch pass two days with heavy use, so I thought that my Torch can reach 3 days

There's your problem right there. If your torch is sitting at 624mhz when idle, it's not normal and it's going to suck that battery life out. Mind sits idle at 0-7% and it's no wonder why I tell people my torch has excellent battery life and no one believes me. :/
    I dont understand what do you mean by "sits idle at 0-7%" ? For my 9800, even when idle at 99.99%, the app core still stays at 624Mhz? What your 9800's app core when idle?

After all, my 9800 drain about 1%/hour idle ~ 25%/day. I think it is too much since phone's specification tells Torch can reach for more than 15 days idle
    12-24-10 09:57 AM
    1% per hour is a good rate. never believe those specs that give talk time/ idle time. they're never accurate.
    12-24-10 10:22 AM
    It's just.. the battery was not good as I expected. I've read a lot about 9800 before decided to get one. Many people could have Torch pass two days with heavy use, so I thought that my Torch can reach 3 days
    I want to meet the people who use a smart phone for 2 days without a charge while heavily using it!
    12-24-10 04:58 PM
    I want to meet the people who use a smart phone for 2 days without a charge while heavily using it!
    Seriously. I have great battery life, but its still a day, tops

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 06:02 PM
    My Torch gets great battery life about 2.5 days at an avg rate of about 1.3%/hour so I'm pretty happy with mine .
    12-24-10 06:17 PM
    I personally see top's 13 to 14 hrs. My meterberry shows 3-4 percent drop and well I'm ok with that. I love this device and does what I need just really wish there was an extended batter. I'd so pay 50$ for one. I'm running 337 with normal program's. Berryweather, qlauch with fb and ymessanger never letting anything run other than yahoo and bweather and wallpaper changer. So I'd love to meet these speical 2 dayer's lol. Merry Christmas all.
    12-24-10 09:16 PM
    It looks like ~1/hour is a normal rate. Hope a newer OS will improve Torch's battery life.

@thymaster: Can you give me me more detail or a screencap of your Core Frequency?
    12-24-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD