I don't know why, but it seems like my torch has started to slow down a bit: opening new tabs seems to lag, opening bbm seems too lag so much that I start typing before the screen shows up, opening a new app, and even opening and closing the home ALL screen... I have had the torch for approx 2-3 months...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 10:13 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

01-23-11 10:24 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me on Friday. I tried several things, like a battery pull and deleting the last ap installed. It was only after I cleared the cache on News Feeds that response went back to normal.

K88 likes this.
    01-23-11 11:20 AM
    I have the same problem last week, then I did these steps.

1. I run memory cleaner (option - security - advance securiy setting - memory cleaning - clean). You can check the option to place a shortcut for this tool to run later. I do run this tool almost daily.

2. I run cache cleaner for my integrated browser (run browser - click Menu - option - clean now). I run this tool whenever I felt my browser getting slower.

3. Remove / Delete any additional application I do not really need or which use big resources. Use application manager to see which application you might want to remove (option - device - application mmanager)

4. Do a soft restart (Alt + Shift + del) or a hard one (pull the battery out and put back in)

You might want to try a free tool to restart whenever you need to or schedulled daily. I use QuickPull to do so, and this one running well on my 9800/6.0.0.337

Keep sharing…
    otothez and K88 like this.
    01-23-11 09:15 PM
    Lately I've been hating the slow downs on my Torch.

I did some basic troubleshooting and eventually figured it out with the application manager.

I found that a certain application was using up an insane amount of CPU time for what it does and deleted the app. I now have no issues.

The app was BatteryEx. It was using up more CPU cycles than any other background app I have installed by far.

For instance: Weatherbug used 27s of CPU time yesterday.
    BatteryEx used 7 minutes.

Keeping in mind that those 7 minutes weren't all in one shot I deleted the app and now my Torch is super fast.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    01-23-11 10:10 PM
    I had this problem for about a month and could not for the life of me figure out why. After i wiped all the applications and reloaded them 1 by 1 the torch was running awesome again and haven't had an issue since.
    01-26-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD