looks like my torch has a problem-in the upper right I have a red SOS. AT&T says it's the device. What do i need to do to my torch before giving it back to them?
    10-20-10 11:42 AM
    1. Turn off all connections
    2. Backup your device using desktop manager
    3. Remove MicroSD card and SIM card
    4. Security Wipe
    10-20-10 11:45 AM
    thanks--now what if i happen to have a leaked os?
    10-20-10 11:50 AM
    Boot it back to the lesser version. It might void the warrenty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 11:52 AM
    your leaked os will be gone it will reset to default os....you'll have to download it again
    10-20-10 11:54 AM
    carullo--so I do the 4 steps FineWolf says & my leaked os will be gone and will be at factory os? (I'm blond-lol)
    10-20-10 11:59 AM
    You have the SOS where the signal meter is? Doesn't that mean you lost the netowrk and can only make a 911 call? I've has SOS before. I reset the phone and it was fine.
    10-20-10 12:00 PM
    at&t tried to trouble shoot it-nothing worked, removed sim, battery, tried a diff sim. nothing worked so they say its the phone-so I am going to warrenty center to c if they can fix or replace.
    10-20-10 12:03 PM
    If you're on 246 I'm pretty sure its official on att now

10-20-10 12:07 PM
    your leaked os will be gone it will reset to default os....you'll have to download it again
    No, a security wipe does not revert back to factory OS.

Are you running .246? .246 official and leaked are the exact same thing so they won't know. Don't worry about it.

AT&T doesn't check the OS version. They check for the defect, then ship it back to RIM.
    10-20-10 12:09 PM
    pretty sure u may have tried a 911 call... at least thats what happens when i had to call 911 at best buy cuz i guy collapsed. had to reset my phone and went back to normal.
    10-20-10 01:26 PM
    Does it say to insert a sim card?

If so it could just be that the sim card needs to be reseated or you need a new sim.
    10-20-10 01:33 PM
    all is back to normal-no trip to at&t warrenty center required.

Here's what happened (in order): i was browsing the internet then SOS appears in upper right corner, I do a batt pull-nothing, I remove sim & batt-nothing, call to at&t-they have me do more batt pull's, troubleshoot from their end, have me try a diff sim card from a working at&t phone, turn bb off and on-nothing. Next step as per at&t is to go to warranty center or have new bb sent out through mail so I opted for warrenty center but before I was going to go I wanted to get see what to do hence my post. I back up & wipe bb. I reload OS & now bb is back to normal
    10-20-10 01:48 PM
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about...

Here in the uk its common to get SOS when out of range of our own carriers network but are in touch with another network in an emegency calls only situation

Its not a panic alarm for the device to tell you its dying

10-20-10 04:52 PM
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about...

Here in the uk its common to get SOS when out of range of our own carriers network but are in touch with another network in an emegency calls only situation

Its not a panic alarm for the device to tell you its dying

The difference is that they are in an area where they should be on their carrier's system.
    10-20-10 08:13 PM
    I'm glad you got your issue fixed, but I don't understand the title of the thread.

SOS always drove me insane, but I never knew it could glitch up like this and end up reverting to SOS in a place where you'd normally have signal. It's good to know.
    10-20-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD