01-14-11 01:59 AM
43 12
tools
    Will buy it until its product line get stable.
    01-08-11 09:10 AM
    Ok here's the thing, i'm on Sprint with the Bold. I love Sprint service but I want a torch! I've heard so much bad about AT&T's network. Mainly dropped calls and your voice getting distorted especially when driving. Sprint's network has been great. I can tell from this thread that the Torch is a great device. But how well does it work with calls in 2G and 3G areas?
    To be quite honest... I haven't seen why people hate AT&T. The service through out CA for me is fine. I'm an airline pilot and travel quite abit through out the US as well and have not had too many issues except in a few remote places. Lots of people loved Cingular and yet complain about AT&T... Its all the same. I would first find friends in your area that have AT&T and spend time comparing your current service to theirs. I switched from TMO 7 years ago because of poor reception at my house... Its all about what works for your situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 09:15 AM
    Mine also works literally, flawlessly. I haven't had a single issue.

Lately, I've experienced some bouncing back and forth between 3G and EDGE in areas where I shouldn't. But over here on the central coast of CA, AT&T acquired Cellular One's towers (and spectrum!) and things have been hairy for many over the past couple weeks.
    01-08-11 07:21 PM
    I've been using Torch since launch day. It is not perfect but do we really have a perfect phone? I work in a foreign country and I carry two phones a Torch and a Iphone4. The iphone is nice to play but when it comes to emails and calls it drives me nut. That day I have so many drop calls I almost wanted to throw my iphone away and it is a pain to compose and edit long emails. Torch is just so right as a work horse and get the job done.

01-08-11 09:08 PM
    My wife and I are enjoying our Torches. She has not had an issue with hers and still utilizing the same OS as shipped. I've had to replace my original Torch for a slider issue. Otherwise, no problems and I'm always upgrading to the latest OS or the next hybrid. Hopefully, the next OS that is leaked/released will address some of the issues others are having. But, I've had an issue (not user error) with each of my Blackberries. So, it's not a big deal to me. BTW, I've been with at&t since '95(originally, Cellular One in Texas) and have had minimal errors with dropped calls. A few customer service issues, but, that happens with "any" network.
    01-08-11 10:41 PM
    You're absolutely right. How could all those MILLIONS of people be wrong? AT&T is where it's at!
    Why are you here?

Oh yeah, right. To bash.

WatevR.
    01-08-11 10:50 PM
    I have had mine for a Couple of weeks and I love it! I am just getting used to the touch screen (I upgraded from an 8330) I don't get the bashers
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comm

01-09-11 01:12 AM
    Best phone I've owned to date, and Ive previously owned 2 iphones
    01-09-11 02:28 AM
    Honestly this phone is outstanding.

Upgraded from the 9700; and previously having the 9000 & the 8320.

I love it; highly recommend it. Thank **** I didnt go to Android / iPhone

Good day!
    01-09-11 06:03 AM
    Ok here's the thing, i'm on Sprint with the Bold. I love Sprint service but I want a torch! I've heard so much bad about AT&T's network. Mainly dropped calls and your voice getting distorted especially when driving. Sprint's network has been great. I can tell from this thread that the Torch is a great device. But how well does it work with calls in 2G and 3G areas?

I will say this about all carriers network here imn the US, they all suck. What matters is where you are and which one is best in that area. Every phone that I have had no matter what carrier it was on has dropped a call at some time. Most of the bad press with att was based after the launch of the iphone and its super bad radio.

01-09-11 07:19 AM
    Why are you here?
    Because I can.
    01-09-11 07:27 AM
    I can comment on this, I was previously with T-Mobile for 4 years, not even on contract, just because I liked them and felt there service was great with fair pricing, and was very apprehensive about switching to AT&T, however I can say now that I feel AT&T is unfairly put into the negative spotlight on it's coverage and network quality.

I've found their 3G locally (Phoenix Metro Area) to be far quicker, with less latency and a generally higher sustained connection speed than even Verizon's EvDo connection.

If you really would like a Torch, go to an AT&T store, and open a line, You have 30 days to try it out, and if you don't like it, take it back, no ETF, just the cost of the first months service and any additional services you used. I've found AT&T, their retail reps and generally the company as a whole to be great this far. Plus the Torch is a great device.
    01-09-11 08:58 AM
    Mines been working great as well. Though I will say in the last week the slider has been getting much more wiggly. Which I knew would happen. Happens with all sliders unfortunately. Other than thats its been great.
    01-09-11 10:32 AM
    3.5 months with a Mexico 5 build... The phone is awesome. Slight wobble from the beginning that hasn't worsened, otherwise perfection. I'm amazed at some of the bashing both on CB and within external articles. Nice to see a positive thread!

After reading some people's insane OCD comments the past few months, I'm surprised there isn't a show on TLC...

01-09-11 11:28 AM
    3.5 months with a Mexico 5 build... The phone is awesome. Slight wobble from the beginning that hasn't worsened, otherwise perfection. I'm amazed at some of the bashing both on CB and within external articles. Nice to see a positive thread!

After reading some people's insane OCD comments the past few months, I'm surprised there isn't a show on TLC...

The TLC comment was very funny

01-09-11 11:40 AM
    My Torch has been working great for me. I have only had 1 customer return one and that is because they did not like the phone. Other then that I have not had any complaints. So I have to say I love my Torch and still recomend it.
    01-09-11 02:58 PM
    I love this thread. I like the second post!!!

01-10-11 01:40 AM
    I'm very happy with my Torch. Occationaly I have to do a reboot/battery pull (once a week, maybe), but that's no different than with the HTC HD2, iPhone and Android.

Specially if I'm installing/uninstalling and testing apps, reboots are needed.
    01-14-11 01:59 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD