Call buttons fell off for no apparent reason and now AT&T wants me to pay $125 for a replacement Torch........so if i'm understanding this correctly......i must pay $125 for a new phone cause AT&T sold me a phone that has Call Buttons held on my sticky tape
    01-04-11 07:00 PM
    Through that piece of junk at them. Rim should of never released that phone.
    01-04-11 07:17 PM
    My Torch hasn't had that problem...had it since 2nd week out and even dropped it on the face @ a gas station...
    01-04-11 07:19 PM
    Call buttons fell off for no apparent reason and now AT&T wants me to pay $125 for a replacement Torch........so if i'm understanding this correctly......i must pay $125 for a new phone cause AT&T sold me a phone that has Call Buttons held on my sticky tape
    Why are they wanting you to pay? They should be replacing it under the warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 07:27 PM
    Through that piece of junk at them. Rim should of never released that phone.
    -sniff sniff- I smell a troll 'round here...

There has been an issue with call buttons becoming detached on early devices coming from some of the Mexico assembly lines, There was a how-to up here on how to use a (very) small amount of glue to reattach that button pad to the device, I've not had the issue with my Torch at all, however I'm aware of some whom have, and as cwmont said, this is a hardware/workmanship fault, which should be covered under your 1 year warranty.
    01-04-11 07:31 PM
    cause its probably a bogus post? RIM has a 1 year warranty on the phone...
    01-04-11 07:31 PM
    The $125.00 that AT&T is quoting you is the insurance deductible that they would require if you had damaged the phone yourself. Your case is obviously a defective device issue that falls under warranty. Take the matter to someone higher.
    01-04-11 07:32 PM
    -sniff sniff- I smell a troll 'round here...

There has been an issue with call buttons becoming detached on early devices coming from some of the Mexico assembly lines, There was a how-to up here on how to use a (very) small amount of glue to reattach that button pad to the device, I've not had the issue with my Torch at all, however I'm aware of some whom have, and as cwmont said, this is a hardware/workmanship fault, which should be covered under your 1 year warranty.
    Im not trolling im just someone who returned 4 different torch's for different problems that ranged from delaminating, loose sliders, and clacking screen. I love BB, I need them to step up the game.
    01-04-11 08:00 PM
    my problem is that the call buttons piece is MIA and i have no clue where it is. the "salesperson" at the att store was useless so now after a little research i finally got the number for the warranty.....just need the wife to make the phone call and we'll see what happens......
    01-04-11 08:14 PM
    my problem is that the call buttons piece is MIA and i have no clue where it is. the "salesperson" at the att store was useless so now after a little research i finally got the number for the warranty.....just need the wife to make the phone call and we'll see what happens......
    Shouldn't be a problem ATT has always been great for me on warranty replacements. They will however be sending you a refurb device but all the refurbs I got were real good.

01-04-11 08:18 PM
    Shouldn't be a problem ATT has always been great for me on warranty replacements. They will however be sending you a refurb device but all the refurbs I got were real good.

Refurbs are indeed generally better then a a brand new Torch because whatever issues that were inherent in the new ones off the assembly line (wobble, etc.) have been taken care of.
    01-04-11 08:25 PM

just got off the phone with the warranty guys and after them trying to just dismiss my call as "physical damage" i got a little ticked off and used some creative wording and they finally did some work and looked it to my issue and did say that the buttons falling off was "under warranty" so new phone is on the way

i do agree that refurbs are great....my first blackberry was a refurb and i still have it and 2 others as backup phones.
    Last edited by 2Lexos; 01-04-11 at 08:49 PM.
    01-04-11 08:41 PM
    Im not trolling im just someone who returned 4 different torch's for different problems that ranged from delaminating, loose sliders, and clacking screen. I love BB, I need them to step up the game.
    Then I smell "jealousy".

01-04-11 10:07 PM
    LOL.

No really, you smell jealousy? Someone had 4 faulty units, and you smell JEALOUSY?

Good lord. I remember when this site wasn't all blind fanboys. There was a time people could have an informed debate on the pluses and minuses of all OS's. Non BB fanboys are just as guilty, I've done it too.

And before anyone even thinks about telling me to leave this site because I no longer use a Berry - look at my join date. Look at my sig. I have my BB pedigree thank you, and I still have to admin my mother and sisters BB's so I have to keep up on the OS. I have assisted and still assist people with their Berries, but I also left the platform out of frustration. I won't be back anytime soon. So any of those noobs with single or double digit post counts whose every post is "ZOMGWTFBBQ I LUV BB SOOOOOO MUCH YA IPHONZ R TOYZ ANDROID SUX" saying something awesome like "I smell jealousy" to a poster who had 4 faulty units don't go far with me.
    fass likes this.
    01-06-11 02:23 PM
    LOL.

No really, you smell jealousy? Someone had 4 faulty units, and you smell JEALOUSY?

Good lord. I remember when this site wasn't all blind fanboys. There was a time people could have an informed debate on the pluses and minuses of all OS's. Non BB fanboys are just as guilty, I've done it too.

And before anyone even thinks about telling me to leave this site because I no longer use a Berry - look at my join date. Look at my sig. I have my BB pedigree thank you, and I still have to admin my mother and sisters BB's so I have to keep up on the OS. I have assisted and still assist people with their Berries, but I also left the platform out of frustration. I won't be back anytime soon. So any of those noobs with single or double digit post counts whose every post is "ZOMGWTFBBQ I LUV BB SOOOOOO MUCH YA IPHONZ R TOYZ ANDROID SUX" saying something awesome like "I smell jealousy" to a poster who had 4 faulty units don't go far with me.
    You need to leave this forum as you don't use a BB anymore! JUST KIDDING! I had to say it.

I know where you are coming from on this. Few of us discussed this in another thread.

To the OP, I am on my 3rd Torch. The 1st one I lost a week after I got it. The second one was a NEW Assurian insurance replacement received on a Tuesday and about 10 hrs later the call buttons came off. I called Assurian and they sent me a refurb with no cost to me. The refurb is better than the 2 new ones I had IMO.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-06-11 04:49 PM
    LOL.

Ummm wow....lmao....
    01-06-11 04:55 PM
    You need to leave this forum as you don't use a BB anymore! JUST KIDDING! I had to say it.

I know where you are coming from on this. Few of us discussed this in another thread.

To the OP, I am on my 3rd Torch. The 1st one I lost a week after I got it. The second one was a NEW Assurian insurance replacement received on a Tuesday and about 10 hrs later the call buttons came off. I called Assurian and they sent me a refurb with no cost to me. The refurb is better than the 2 new ones I had IMO.
    LOL I knew someone would. I am serious about the tone of the forum changing. The days of having a logical debate on the pluses and minuses of each platform, like we used to be able to do, are over. It gets turned into "GET OFF MAH LAWN" by some noob with 12 posts who joined within the last 2 months. It sucks.

I still stay for the old regulars like AG etc, and for the non fanatical that can still hear something said that is negative about the BB OS (and vice versa) and not have a temper tantrum.
    01-06-11 10:58 PM
    LOL I knew someone would. I am serious about the tone of the forum changing. The days of having a logical debate on the pluses and minuses of each platform, like we used to be able to do, are over. It gets turned into "GET OFF MAH LAWN" by some noob with 12 posts who joined within the last 2 months. It sucks.

I still stay for the old regulars like AG etc, and for the non fanatical that can still hear something said that is negative about the BB OS (and vice versa) and not have a temper tantrum.

That's why I don't post on forums that much anymore. It's hard to have a civilized conversation/debate anymore. We were all "noobs" at one point. But I don't recall it being this bad. I blame Steve Jobs. KIDDING!
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-06-11 11:16 PM
    LOL.

Too true.
    01-06-11 11:23 PM
    Isn't this going way off topic?
    01-07-11 12:18 AM
    LOL.

Good lord. I remember when this site wasn't all blind fanboys. There was a time people could have an informed Dear on the pluses and minuses of all OS's. Non BB fanboys are just as guilty, I've done it too.

And some people are way too touchy... Don't get your Android in a bind. If you have four faulty units, move on or use your warranty. But whining on someone else's post is a waste of time.

01-07-11 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD