My BB Torch 9800 is behaving -- when it comes to audio -- as if it's on Silent mode. I tried having friends call me on the spot, and the Incoming Call screen showing their name and everything comes up, but no ring. I checked all my profile customizations to make sure my settings are right (ringtone, volume, etc.) and still no luck. I even wondered if it was a faulty ringtone I downloaded, and tried to use the AT&T default ring tone, and still nothing happened. But here's the weird part...

I went to the ringtones in my Media folder, clicked on one to play it, and the Play screen comes up and immediately freezes. The progress bar remains on 0:00 seconds, nothing plays, and I can't back out or anything. Eventually, minutes later, an Error message pops up saying the action was terminated or something. Can anyone help me out with this? I really appreciate it!
    12-11-10 12:27 PM
    Sounds like something is corrupt. Try updating the OS like for like using the DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 03:43 PM
    i wont advise you to use the DM..its better you do a "clean install" through the "app loader" file after using "BBSAK" or "CrackUtil" to erase all the former settings on the fone....and downloading an official or leaked OS.

PS: search this website for forums that talks about what i mentioned above...
    12-12-10 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD