10-03-10 08:14 PM
1,372 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Thanks Gelzz! I'm soooooo crazy over this damn phone!!
    09-17-10 09:36 AM
    No problem JDel23

like i said it's kinda sketch. BUT if you like give Best Buy a call and see if you could get any other info.
    09-17-10 09:40 AM
    Okok soo this may sound super sketch but i JUST spoke with Best buy manager and her answer was dont worrie there will be a garante on the 24th.
    and that's all. But Im sure if it does go on Oct 1st that your' request to be reserved is still good.

and the waiting game begins.
    Oh yeah, believe Best Buy, where they advertise full outright prices but when you go to attempt to buy one either at the store or online, they'll deny it.
    09-17-10 09:42 AM
    @ sookster

yea .. this is the first time im buying a phone through Best Buy, I usually go through coporate store .
    09-17-10 09:51 AM
    Confirmed delay on Telus anyone?????
    09-17-10 11:04 AM
    Nothing yet.

Even my source's hasnt' said anything yet.
    09-17-10 11:16 AM
    Virgin Canada has confirmed the delay to Oct 1st on their Twitter: Twitter / virgin mobile + fest: For all you pyro’s out the ...

That said, they are part of Bell, so still holding out that the delay is only with those guys...
    09-17-10 11:17 AM
    nothing from rogers yet either
    09-17-10 11:23 AM
    I hate this waiting game !!!!!!
    09-17-10 11:46 AM
    well i was in the telus store last night and without really saying anything i got the fact they were still planing on releasing it next friday, they already had the pricing structure and they had some in stock, not sure how many but they did have some

god i hope they dont push it back, i have been waiting too long as it is, and if this is just an OS issue i dont care, just give me the phone i will update that night to probably the same OS they are putting on it and taking an extra week
    09-17-10 11:55 AM
    @ Carey

AWESOME SAUCE NEWS !
    09-17-10 11:58 AM
    i dont know if it really means anything, but i am pretty good at getting info out of people,

so i hope this is a bell only thing, its been over 6 months now since i first saw pics of this phone on this site and seriously the next week is going to suck as it is, if i have to wait another the wife will divorce me,

and to top it off i got her the 9300 last night and it works at our house, she gets like 3-5 bars at the house where i get nothing, i just want to be on the new network and be able to actually use my phone at home
    09-17-10 12:06 PM
    Okay, I just wanted to post this because it seems as if we've already completely jumped on the rumor bandwagon and it's all doom and gloom...

I've been reading most of the posts in regards to the Torch delay... here's what I've found to be the facts.

- OFFICIAL Bell is delayed, as is Virgin (Both are essentially the same)
    - There hasn't been an official statement on ANY OTHER CARRIERS delaying the Torch, at this moment it's only Bell.
    - Not a single person here knows for a FACT what reason or why there was a delay with Bell... I've heard everything from OS issues, to networks, emails.. etc... so jumping to conclusions about "Oh, it's an OS issue.. therefor it's all carriers" is nothing but a blind assumption.

I hope this will help clarify the situation for some.. at the moment anyone NOT on the Bell network will have a Torch in their hands come one week today... Things obviously can happen.. but lets at least lets try to keep positive, these rumors can really make your head spin!
    09-17-10 12:27 PM
    If it's RIM putting the extra week hold in order to update to the latest OS then I think it's a smart move. Most people (not forum members) don't really take the time or even know how to update there OS, let alone JL_C the thing.
    I would like a 9800 as much as the next person but some of you make it seem like it's a matter of life or death. Have a little patience, for goodness sake.
    09-17-10 12:30 PM
    The carriers have more control over the OS on their devices than RIM does. That's why they all release different OS at different times, even if the phone is the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 12:38 PM
    Who do the carriers get the OS and updates from? IF RIM says you aren't getting it then you are not getting it. I don't know any more than you do, what the delay is about and I live beside RIM head office.. That is why I said IF.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 09-17-10 at 12:42 PM.
    09-17-10 12:39 PM
    "@madseno" thanks man, if you are refering to my post i said "IF" it was a OS issue

but god even loyalty is useless, i was just talking to them about a different issue and they could not give me any info on if it was going to be delayed, they all use the excuse that the site will tell them before anything

i just think its BS and they god damn well know more then they are letting out
    09-17-10 12:39 PM
    Who do the carriers get the OS and updates from? IF RIM says you aren't getting it then you are not getting it. I don't know any more than you do, what the delay is about and I live beside RIM head office.. That is why I said IF.
    And I disagree with your speculation based on how the RIM/carrier relationship has been in the past. It would be out of character for RIM to say "no" to a carrier. They're not Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 12:56 PM
    I would think that if Bell could demand that RIM provides them with the 9800's for release on the 24th they would. It would be bad for them If Rogers has it a week before them.
    09-17-10 01:23 PM
    Note to all my 'Nuck neighbors who are fans of the THN app: It won't work on the Torch. I've been impatiently waiting since the US release for THN to update, but so far no go. With the NHL kickoff right around the corner, I beg the developer to catch up.

I know you guys don't have the phone yet, but I'm sure many of you will be disappointed to lose access to one of the best apps out there. Here is an email link in case you want to beg...

support@polarmobile.com
    09-17-10 01:44 PM
    @Altarocks
    I'm sure THN will have it ready in time for us. They probably figured no one south of the 49th cared
    09-17-10 01:47 PM
    @Altarocks
    I'm sure THN will have it ready in time for us. They probably figured no one south of the 49th cared
    'Cept for us fans of the cup holders
    09-17-10 02:20 PM
    'Cept for us fans of the cup holders
    touch my friend
    09-17-10 02:26 PM
    Well.. it's just past 4PM Toronto time... is it safe to say Rogers and Telus users have beaten the delay...

Fingers crossed.
    09-17-10 03:16 PM
    I hope so!
    09-17-10 03:16 PM
1,372 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD