10-03-10 08:14 PM
1,372 ... 52535455
tools
    I honestly think that if RIM released this with .246 in the states, the reviews would have been a night and day difference. I've experienced zero OS issues, Bugs or Lag. Mind you, I've only got 12 or so hours of use in, so we'll see how it holds up. As of right now, blazing fast!
    10-01-10 07:03 AM
    Good to see everyone is happy with their new Torch, I was going to try and hold off a couple weeks..but it's getting harder and harder after doing some reading here.
    10-01-10 07:12 AM
    Good to see everyone is happy with their new Torch, I was going to try and hold off a couple weeks..but it's getting harder and harder after doing some reading here.
    GO.AND.GET.IT!! - It's honestly awesome, I know you won't be let down.
    10-01-10 07:14 AM
    I love this phone. I feel so bad *** whiping it out in public spaces (take it however you will heh).

One issue. I do not get any audible sounds from textes or bbms. Anyone having yhat issue? Did I miss something in the set up? I did a battery pull and it is still happening.

Nevertheless, awesome phone. So worth the weight! (Har har)
    P
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Staaleh; 10-01-10 at 07:22 AM.
    10-01-10 07:20 AM
    I just might have to Mikey, I have been following this for over a month now. And I know it will be a nice over all improvement from my ip3g.
    10-01-10 07:20 AM
    Got my Telus Torch first thing yesterday morning from Montreal flagship store. No line! Maybe the heavy rain helped... One salesperson said they had received 20, another said 40, so who knows.

Btw, the Apple store had at least 10 people waiting outside, lol!

10-01-10 07:27 AM
    I love this phone. I feel so bad *** whiping it out in public spaces (take it however you will heh).

One issue. I do not get any audible sounds from textes or bbms. Anyone having yhat issue? Did I miss something in the set up? I did a battery pull and it is still happening.

Nevertheless, awesome phone. So worth the weight! (Har har)
    P
    Lol It's awesome eh?? - Staaleh- Hit the sound/speaker icon on your home screen ->Change Sounds and Alerts -> Sounds for Selected Profile -> Messages Notifiers has your Text msg settings and Instant Messages has your BBM settings.

Mine were defaulted to silent as well.
    10-01-10 07:30 AM
    Thanks! That corrected it!!!! Wahoo this owns!

Also, the combo of touchscreen plus trackpad is absolutely deadly!!!!!

10-01-10 07:51 AM
    [*]How do I put this lightly....the included headphones are pure garbage. Yes, I understand Blackberry headphones have never been spectacular, but even my Pearl/Curve/Bold headphones sounded and fitted better than the ones that the Torch came with. I went out for a walk tonight and was severely disappointed with these new earbuds. The sound quality lacked, the earbud size was off, they kept falling out of my ear, etc etc etc. I am going to be replacing this ASAP. [/LIST]

Overall, I am glad I purchased this phone and I do plan on keeping it. In comparison to my 9700, I'm very impressed with the 9800 so far....in the 12+ hours I've had it
    i just stole my wifes ones from her 9300, they are more like the old curve/pearl just alot more comfortable and i loved the old ones i still used them on my storm which came with the same style ones as the torch
    10-01-10 08:15 AM
    Didnt get mine yesterday. It should be here today though. Hopefully or I'll be pissed. Cant wait to give this thing a try. Im seeing lots of positive feedback from people with the Canadian versions then the US versions. Guess the OS has been updated. Very good sign. Its killing me knowing Im stuck at work and my torch could be sitting at home.

Im really hoping I love this device. Went to Android for about a month and liked it especially the touch screen and better browsing, but missed my BB. So hopefully this is a good mix.
    10-01-10 08:50 AM
    I'm gonna bump my earlier post to all my northern brothers and sisters. Now that you finally have the Torch, please join me in begging The Hockey News to update the THN app to work with the Torch. NHL opens in less than a week

The Hockey News | powered by Polar Mobile
    10-01-10 09:01 AM
    Costco is offering the Torch for $ 179.00 (3 year) and is also throwing in a $100 Costco gift card.

That's a pretty good deal, puts Rogers and Bell to shame...
    10-01-10 09:23 AM
    Wow I flew over to Kelowna yesterday for a meeting then went to the mall for dinner, checked out all the 3 carriers and no dummy Torch, no ads, nor do the salesman say they have any... what?
    10-01-10 09:23 AM
    The rogers store at which I bought mine yesterday did not have a floor model either. I'll check back today and post my update.

10-01-10 09:41 AM
    This is an awesome device. I think if they had rrleased this version in the states the teviews wouldve been much better.

Still getting used to the virtual keyboard but forcing myself to use it.

I haven't noticed any lag other than my miserable virtual keyboatd typing skills but that also applied to me on android and iphone when I played with them.

All in all awesome and the fact that the browser is a real browser is awesome. I have to say os6 is not goimg to be that impressive in non touch devices imho.

10-01-10 02:14 PM
    Still setting it all up in every spare moment I get! Love it though! Virtual keyboard not too bad horizontally, but a pain in vertical! All my data did not transfer properly from my 9000, so having to manually transfer some files via the computer or even typing it in! my BugMe! application is an example. I ended up with a virgin BugMe! without any of my notes, appointments or reminders...
    10-01-10 05:52 PM
    Are any other new bb torch owners still having issues with their data? (bbm, internet, etc?) - bell has put out a statement saying RIM is having backed-up issues with new phone setups, just wondering if anyone is still in the same position, without any data?

When I set up wifi, I can access the internet, but still cannot use bbm or facebook.

They told me 24 hours but it's been over a day already
    10-01-10 05:57 PM
    I'm on Telus, and everything is working perfectly! Very happy with the phone so far. Only small gripe is that there is a small amount of movement between the two parts of the phone when it is closed. It is fine when it's open. But, I gather that this is pretty common... Not sure if it's really a problem.
    10-01-10 06:48 PM
    Just came back from Best Buy, and I'm BUMMED. They won't sell the phone outright, and were mumbling the usual horsehockey about unlocking it voiding the warranty.... blah blah...

jvictor77 try the REDUCED KB in vertical. Works awesome, just the same as the Pearl and the Storm.
    10-01-10 06:57 PM
    Are any other new bb torch owners still having issues with their data? (bbm, internet, etc?) - bell has put out a statement saying RIM is having backed-up issues with new phone setups, just wondering if anyone is still in the same position, without any data?

When I set up wifi, I can access the internet, but still cannot use bbm or facebook.

They told me 24 hours but it's been over a day already

I only had an hour or two before I could access all features of the internet including browsing, BBM etc.

Now everything is working just fine, either on wifi without wifi.
    10-01-10 07:33 PM
    I wouldn't call the people that were lining up for iphones losers?
    Just because they choose to line up for an iphone instead of a Torch doesn't really make them losers?
    What makes them losers in my book is that they're lining up for a cell phone released two months ago. I mean, if you haven't been able to buy one yet, you're probably not very resourceful. And if you have time to go day after day hoping to get one, you don't have a life. Someone was telling me that when the Apple store people tell them that they haven't received any stock or they're out already, some people stay anyway just in case.

I can buy any phone I want. The iPhone doesn't interest me in the least.
    10-01-10 09:31 PM
    I'm gonna bump my earlier post to all my northern brothers and sisters. Now that you finally have the Torch, please join me in begging The Hockey News to update the THN app to work with the Torch. NHL opens in less than a week

The Hockey News | powered by Polar Mobile
    I know THN is a very good mobile BBRY App but for now, just to get by, have you tried the NHL Mobile site or The Score Mobile?
    10-01-10 10:23 PM
    I just got my "Torch today, so far so good, but in order to transfer all my data from my "Curve, I had to delete my apps from the "Curve, other wise while the sync/transfer from "Curve to 'Torch was happening, a error code would pop up every time a app came about to be transfered (ebay, facebook etc...)
    10-01-10 10:45 PM
    day 2 on Rogers Torch, still loving it! Starting to use the software keyboard now, and getting used to it. I'm a lot faster and more accurate in landscape mode.

Love that my berrybuzz and drivesafely apps transfered over easily. Finding Shazam required some googling.

Hardware is fantastic, no rattles, no loose screen, its TIGHT!

After having a lot of people at work paw it 2 went and got Torches replacing Iphone 3G's, and 4 others went and upgraded to it from previous berries.

I gotta do some searching... but:

Internal storage seems useless. I can't access any songs on it through the music app, or photos through the pictures app.

Wallpaper doesn't transfer to landscape. I go landscape and it shows the rogers screen. (I can't find an option to fix it either)

Wired headset is almost silent at max volume. (I wouldn't have used it if the battery in my bluetooth headset didn't die)

Had one instance where the phone froze on me. Battery pull and its been fine.
    10-01-10 11:54 PM
    Glad to hear that everyone is loving their Torch's I decided to pick up a Rogers branded one to compare it to my AT&T one (thanks to my Rogers hook up for the freebie!) and I have to agree that if this setup with OS had launched in the States the reviews would have been different.

My build quality is 100% better on my Rogers... No wobble or wiggle!!! And of course the 246 OS is leaps and bounds above the POS 141 that AT&T launched with. Also I had a little bit of light escape around the screen edges on my AT&T one. The physical keyboard even seems a bit tighter and not as "clacky", but that could change after a weel ot two of use.

All around I am very happy with the Rogers version, and glad that all of you are enjoying the greatest BB to date

10-02-10 07:27 AM
1,372 ... 52535455
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD