10-03-10 08:14 PM
1,372 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Sep. 30th for Telus due to lack of inventory.
    Oh big surprise...
    09-24-10 08:34 PM
    anyone think this delay may have to do with something at dev con? does it not co-incide with the delay?...just speculating...
    09-24-10 08:53 PM
    Just a bit strange, since AT&T was able to release the Torch in the US a month ago. Why couldn't we have it a month ago? Why can't we have it now? The quantities required for a Canadian launch are surely much less than for the USA. (Our population is significantly less....)
    09-24-10 09:29 PM
    Maybe...just maybe....they're putting in a more powerful processor?
    09-24-10 10:25 PM
    That would be funny. US guys would freak!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 11:30 PM
    Well - it's about time we had an edge on something!
    09-24-10 11:33 PM
    I was shocked at how heavy the damn thing was. Brick this phone and you seriously have a brick!

09-25-10 02:02 AM
    Have the planets aligned for me? Is there a Torch in my future?

<< On 2010/10/06 you'll be eligible for a hardware upgrade. If you would like a new phone, smartphone or Turbo Stick sooner, you can purchase a new device at the no term price >>

What exactly does "eligible for a hardware upgrade" mean? Bell has notified me of this. I currently have a Bold 9700 (purchased with my own $$). Does this mean that on the 6 of October I can get a Torch at the same price as someone who is signing a new 3-year contract...ie $179.99?

I'd like to give the 9700 to my wife since the 9700 she's using is the one that I dropped in a pool in Mexico last March and the battery meter has been unreliable since (the only problem with it, btw).

/ES

09-25-10 05:48 AM
    Have the planets aligned for me? Is there a Torch in my future?

<< On 2010/10/06 you'll be eligible for a hardware upgrade. If you would like a new phone, smartphone or Turbo Stick sooner, you can purchase a new device at the no term price >>

What exactly does "eligible for a hardware upgrade" mean? Bell has notified me of this. I currently have a Bold 9700 (purchased with my own $$). Does this mean that on the 6 of October I can get a Torch at the same price as someone who is signing a new 3-year contract...ie $179.99?

I'd like to give the 9700 to my wife since the 9700 she's using is the one that I dropped in a pool in Mexico last March and the battery meter has been unreliable since (the only problem with it, btw).

/ES

As always, you should call Bell to confirm what I'm about to tell you, but yes. This means you can get a new phone at the three year contract price. Of course, this also means that you'll have to sign onto a new three year term. Two years into that three year contract, however, you'll be eligible for another smart phone upgrade. It's just a big cycle.
    09-25-10 06:09 AM
    Nice! Thanks for the quick reply!! /ES
    09-25-10 06:29 AM
    Just a bit strange, since AT&T was able to release the Torch in the US a month ago. Why couldn't we have it a month ago? Why can't we have it now? The quantities required for a Canadian launch are surely much less than for the USA. (Our population is significantly less....)
    Even though our population is less, RIM had to ship it out to 4 different carriers vs 1 carrier.

RIM only had to plan with 1 company, whereas now they have to plan with 4 different companies.
    09-25-10 10:48 AM
    Even though our population is less, RIM had to ship it out to 4 different carriers vs 1 carrier.

RIM only had to plan with 1 company, whereas now they have to plan with 4 different companies.
    So, they knew that beforehand, they've also done it before in the past, what's the problem?
    09-25-10 11:45 AM
    So, they knew that beforehand, they've also done it before in the past, what's the problem?
    I'm also pretty sure there is an AT&T Account Manager, Bell Account Manager, Rogers, etc. Point being, there is a single point of contact for each carrier, so its not like its one guy coordinating all the launches for every carrier in the world. I don't understand how AT&T, which is pulling probably triple the units of the Canadian carriers combined has no issue coordinating stock all over the US, while RIM can't coordinate a fraction of the volume with carriers that are literally down the street, relatively speaking.

09-25-10 11:57 AM
    In any case, whatever the reasons, it's definitely disappointing.

Was in the US a few weeks ago... I guess I should have just bought it then! But then again, I always seem to need warranty replacements, so just need to be patient. A few more days!
    09-25-10 12:42 PM
    In any case, whatever the reasons, it's definitely disappointing.

Was in the US a few weeks ago... I guess I should have just bought it then! But then again, I always seem to need warranty replacements, so just need to be patient. A few more days!
    Yeah, if were lucky...
    09-25-10 01:01 PM
    I'm assuming newer OS. Hopefully they went through a better QA?

I'll honestly wait an extra week if it went through a better QA.
    09-25-10 01:28 PM
    Look at this way guys and gals atleast the delay was a couple of days or week (for bell) and not a month or 2!!!
    09-25-10 04:01 PM
    What I'd like to know is if this is something unprecedented. I've never followed a launch before. Have any of you gotten a Blackberry on launch day before? Did it occur when it was planned? Were there delays? Was there enough stock for everyone who wanted a phone?
    09-25-10 04:10 PM
    What if they pushed back the date because sept 30th is the last day for 6gb $30 promo on bell and rogers(can some1 confirm).....I know some stores have said the 30th. But then again they can always say something and sell it on the 1st or just sell a few on the 30th so only a few ppl will get the promo for $30 bucks....and then when the 1st comes around they won't have that promo and for those who will sign a new contract will get screwed with data.
    09-25-10 04:54 PM
    What if they pushed back the date because sept 30th is the last day for 6gb $30 promo on bell and rogers(can some1 confirm).....I know some stores have said the 30th. But then again they can always say something and sell it on the 1st or just sell a few on the 30th so only a few ppl will get the promo for $30 bucks....and then when the 1st comes around they won't have that promo and for those who will sign a new contract will get screwed with data.
    It could be, but I doubt it.

For existing customers like myself, I'm calling Retentions and getting my plan adjusted and then I will HUP at Future Shop.
    09-25-10 05:50 PM
    T-4 days until Canadian carriers delay the 9800 (again)....? <sigh>
    09-26-10 10:06 AM
    Pretty tough to stay excited hey? I'm afraid by the time the Torch is available, I'll have enough android time in on my X10 that I won't want to go back to 'berry.
    09-26-10 10:14 AM
    Pretty tough to stay excited hey?
    That's what I am counting on.

I want a Torch to be available on release day because I will be switching my plan over on the 30th to take advantage of the 6GB/$30 data plan and my current phone will be rendered inoperable.

I don't want to be on a week long waiting list because everyone's excitement came back and lined up outside the mall at 1AM.
    09-26-10 12:46 PM
    I wouldn't worry. We're the only crazily excited people who are waiting this intently. I'm sure if you're there at opening on the 30th you'll get a phone.
    09-26-10 01:04 PM
    That's what I am counting on.

I want a Torch to be available on release day because I will be switching my plan over on the 30th to take advantage of the 6GB/$30 data plan and my current phone will be rendered inoperable.

I don't want to be on a week long waiting list because everyone's excitement came back and lined up outside the mall at 1AM.
    Have you heard of one angry American on here who wasn't able to get there hands on the 9800 on US release day... this is blackberry people, not apple.
    09-26-10 01:22 PM
1,372 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD