Hey all, Ive been trying to update with the info i get as i get it, since we've been actually assisting with MOVING the torch's to the stores...

Best Buy locations in Canada (I was just personally involved with the MTL shipment) have been shipped Torch's for release THIS FRIDAY the 24th! now the quantity is not large...each location in the MTL area for example is getting 10 units (the pre-order list was hovering around 5 people).

Anyways, at this point my guess is that if the devices are still not released Friday (Murphy's Law) it only means they are being told to hold it because they WILL have them in store...

again...its easy to just fuel the anticipation fire which is not my intention, it's just exciting info to me, so I'm sharing!

Sidenote, forgot to mention carriers...sorry but i have no idea for which carriers this is for but i know Rogers is one of them.
    Any chance you can find out if Bell Torches are included with the shipment?I need to figure out if I should pre-order.
    09-21-10 04:12 PM
    Hey all, Ive been trying to update with the info i get as i get it, since we've been actually assisting with MOVING the torch's to the stores...

Best Buy locations in Canada (I was just personally involved with the MTL shipment) have been shipped Torch's for release THIS FRIDAY the 24th! now the quantity is not large...each location in the MTL area for example is getting 10 units (the pre-order list was hovering around 5 people).

Anyways, at this point my guess is that if the devices are still not released Friday (Murphy's Law) it only means they are being told to hold it because they WILL have them in store...

again...its easy to just fuel the anticipation fire which is not my intention, it's just exciting info to me, so I'm sharing!

Sidenote, forgot to mention carriers...sorry but i have no idea for which carriers this is for but i know Rogers is one of them.
    That's awesome news!! Thanks for sharing
    09-21-10 04:17 PM
    I went into my local Bell Store today, they said the torch will be released within 'the next month'.

I know these guys know nothing though. urghhh
    You're right about this, I went this morning in a Bell store here in Montreal and the guy didnt even know that his web page had pass from september 24th to coming soon.........
    09-21-10 04:20 PM
    Wow thanks boujou, if I can't deal something out with retention then I'll drive to MTL (5 minutes from work)

09-21-10 04:23 PM
    just got off the phone with rogers and he actually ordered the phone for me, im in kingston with a corporate plan so i cant go into a store to get one, item it "out of stock" but will ship out friday to me
    09-21-10 04:33 PM
    Any chance you can find out if Bell Torches are included with the shipment?I need to figure out if I should pre-order.

Hey Laurah2215, sorry I really don't know...

I know that earlier this week Bell, Telus and Rogers were among what was supposed to hit the stores for Friday, but with what I was involved with today, I was only able to confirm Rogers were among them....don't wanna assume right...

I wanna say YES they should be....but it would just be a guess

Here's hoping!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 04:37 PM
    I'm getting so many mixed messages that I'm going crazy. I called Bell and they didn't know when the release would be, except "some time this fall". I called Best Buy and they said the release would be October 1. So please, please, please keep the info coming guys, especially from your sources because I'm trying to figure out my best options (I'm in different cities on the 24th and 1st so I'm trying to figure out if pre-ordering will work). Especially if anyone can confirm anything from Bell (because their employees don't seem to be in the loop), please let us know. I'm desperately trying to come up with my plans for the 24th and/or the 1st. Thanks for anything you can contribute.
    09-21-10 04:37 PM
    Hey Laurah2215, sorry I really don't know...

I know that earlier this week Bell, Telus and Rogers were among what was supposed to hit the stores for Friday, but with what I was involved with today, I was only able to confirm Rogers were among them....don't wanna assume right...

I wanna say YES they should be....but it would just be a guess

Here's hoping!

Thanks for your help. I'm just so worried that it won't happen for us Bell customers. I desperately want to have the phone Friday. But from what I'm hearing, Bell does not have their act together. I'm so disappointed and anxious.
    09-21-10 04:40 PM
    Rogers is dumb, I just called asking to upgrade 3 months early, told them my phone is a piece of crap he pretty much said no. I brought up the fact that I've been a customer for over 8 yrs. Nothing. He told me he could give me a free samsung (no thanks) then I asked to talk to someone higher. He said he could transfer me to cancellation. Like f them! Sorry but I'm mad! Anyone know the number for customer relations

09-21-10 04:41 PM
    Rogers is dumb, I just called asking to upgrade 3 months early, told them my phone is a piece of crap he pretty much said no. I brought up the fact that I've been a customer for over 8 yrs. Nothing. He told me he could give me a free samsung (no thanks) then I asked to talk to someone higher. He said he could transfer me to cancellation. Like f them! Sorry but I'm mad! Anyone know the number for customer relations

I don't mean to sound like a **** but cancellation is customer relations/retention... you should of let them transfer you there, then spoke to a manager... they will do nearly anything for you NOT to cancel...
    Last edited by Madseno; 09-21-10 at 04:51 PM.
    09-21-10 04:48 PM
    I don't mean to sound like a **** but cancellation.. is customer relations/retention... you should of let them transfer you there, then spoke to a manager... they will do nearly anything for you NOT to cancel...
    Ahhh no way! Grr I phoned again and she put me on hold and is talking to someone

09-21-10 04:51 PM
    Well... I've been following the Torch threads sooo closely and just itching to get mine this Friday...

But now I'm one very sad Berry-Addict...

I was in a car accident this morning and my Torch money now has to go towards my deductible... BOOOOO!

Guess it's a sign that I should wait for the white one... yeah, that's it!! I'm gonna be so jealous of you guys on Friday
    09-21-10 04:54 PM
    Alright, so the 2nd person I talked to told me to go to rogers friday morning say I want an upgrade, if they say no I'm supposed to get to them call customer service. I have a feeling I won't be getting this phone

09-21-10 04:56 PM
    Ahhh no way! Grr I phoned again and she put me on hold and is talking to someone

Let me know how it turns out! Good Luck!
    09-21-10 04:57 PM
    Alright, so the 2nd person I talked to told me to go to rogers friday morning say I want an upgrade, if they say no I'm supposed to get to them call customer service. I have a feeling I won't be getting this phone

My advice would be to call Rogers CS Friday morning (They've told me they'll have the Torch available to order on the phone) Then get back to customer relations.. THEN ask for the Torch at a discounted price (Early upgrade)

It has personally worked for me, good luck!

You won't have the torch come Friday morning, but at least you'll have it probably Monday or Tuesday of next week!
    09-21-10 04:59 PM

Did you call back and specifically ask for "Customer Retention"? You'll have to give the initial rep a quick run-down on why you want to talk to them, but they will transfer you and Retentions should work with you over the phone.
    09-21-10 04:59 PM
    Did you call back and specifically ask for "Customer Retention"? You'll have to give the initial rep a quick run-down on why you want to talk to them, but they will transfer you and Retentions should work with you over the phone.
    No I didn't, I'll be calling back in a bit, I'm so frustrated with that first dude I need to calm down lmao

09-21-10 05:05 PM
    No I didn't, I'll be calling back in a bit, I'm so frustrated with that first dude I need to calm down lmao

Yeah, definitely take some time to chill. You will get so much further with them if you're nice and calm vs. angry and upset.

GOOD LUCK!!
    09-21-10 05:08 PM
    Just got off the phone with Bell retentions. I am looking for the $30/6GB data plan offer that expires on Sept 30th. Could this be why they delayed the release of the Torch until the 1'st of Oct so they don't have to offer that data plan with it?
    09-21-10 05:14 PM
    Just got off the phone with Bell retentions. I am looking for the $30/6GB data plan offer that expires on Sept 30th. Could this be why they delayed the release of the Torch until the 1'st of Oct so they don't have to offer that data plan with it?
    Not in my opinion. That wouldn't be a sufficient reason to delay a release of a phone. I have a feeling that they would make more money selling the new phone than they would getting people to sign up with the plan. By delaying the release of the phone, they're losing potential new customers. They're not gaining anything with the rate plan (they're probably losing money if it's a really good deal) but they're losing out by delaying the release.
    09-21-10 05:21 PM
    A conspiracy!! MUWAHAHA Just kidding... who knows. I believe Rogers has a similar plan that's expiring soon and a lot of people are wanting their Torch before the plan is gone.
    09-21-10 05:24 PM
    Not in my opinion. That wouldn't be a sufficient reason to delay a release of a phone. I have a feeling that they would make more money selling the new phone than they would getting people to sign up with the plan. By delaying the release of the phone, they're losing potential new customers. They're not gaining anything with the rate plan (they're probably losing money if it's a really good deal) but they're losing out by delaying the release.
    I agree.. the delay is going to be detrimental to the carriers who choose to push it back.
    09-21-10 05:26 PM

as usual, awesome news from Boujou! Lauren - that's exactly what my Rogers store is gonna do for me - call retentions and state my case but, like has been mentioned before, it might mean them shipping it with a few days wait as opposed to grabbing one right at the store - but that's better than nothing!
    09-21-10 06:37 PM
    @ Mikey

Go Check out the Telus site and look at the page where the Torch is. If you look at most popular phones, The Torch is now in the middle and the "new" Bubble is no longer there ... hmmmmmmmm
    09-21-10 08:03 PM
    Yeah, hopefully one day ill get this phone just don't know when anymore.

09-21-10 08:05 PM
1,372 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD