rogers still says 24th on the torch site
    09-20-10 10:54 AM
    @Knowledge
    yea they would open late lol hahahaha but my phone is on hold at best buy heheheheehehe but like i said I can stand in line lol maybe bring you coffee lol :P
    puhahaha.. that would be awesome! haha..

good thing bestbuy isn't too far either...
    09-20-10 10:55 AM
    puhahaha.. that would be awesome! haha..

good thing bestbuy isn't too far either...
    hahahahah how do you take your coffee ?? also from where ?? Timmy's or Starbucks
    09-20-10 11:01 AM
    Am I the only one in winnipeg who is going to be in line :P hahaha good! Then I don't have to fight you guys for it LMAO!

My co-workers put up a poster on my wall of the torch :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 11:34 AM
    I know eh? People around us don't understand - and even make fun of - our obsession with this release LOL!!
    09-20-10 11:38 AM
    I know i've been gettin looks in the office lol
    09-20-10 11:39 AM
    i tried the end of a few good men, you want answers, i want the truth... but i choked and forgot half of the speech, then i followed them to the next spot and did the breakfast club scene, but was out done by a girl that did a whole song and dance routine.

congrats! it's not as easy as it sounds with people watching.
    I may have seen you. My first crack at it was on Friday at dundas square with a short scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Someone did the "You can't handle the truth" as well as Toy Story and the Hangover.
    09-20-10 12:06 PM
    so i have some more news, just talked to a friend of mine that works for rim and he was saying that he is still hearing the 24th on all carriers (could be why bell changed it back to coming soon, but i dont know)

and some even better news, i was just at the telus store in bowmanville and get this she was saying she just received a email this morn from her area manager and it said it is being released TOMORROW ya i know i didnt believe her either still kinda dont
    i am going to do some calling around today and see what all the other stores are saying and i will report back any info i get
    09-20-10 12:08 PM
    if we got it before friday that would be sweet.. maybe I should call customer service tonight!
    09-20-10 12:12 PM
    like i said no guarantee

i have called a couple other stores and its rangeing from the 24th to mid october so its still spotty at best
    09-20-10 12:19 PM
    I may have seen you. My first crack at it was on Friday at dundas square with a short scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Someone did the "You can't handle the truth" as well as Toy Story and the Hangover.
    That was me, I did you can't handle the truth, I could have gone on, but I didn't think they really wanted the whole thing, plus I had forgotten it when I looked out at all those torches recording me, I got there right after the toy story guy, so, I think I missed you. Did you win Saturday?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 12:33 PM
    My brother works for rogers and this is the exact convo we just had

Him: torch is delayed
    me: liar
    him: nope
    me: oct 1st?
    him: 1 week delay
    him: something like that
    me: how sure are you
    him: close to 110%

Apperently they sent out a global message in the rogers intranet informing of the delay.

Take it with a grain of salt, he might be lying to me just to **** me off, but if anyone would know, it would be a rogers customer service rep who is currently @ work..

EDIT: If the news hasn't broke out by then, I will upload a picture of the news report on the intranet that informs of the delay at around 4pm eastern....
    Last edited by ticklets; 09-20-10 at 12:38 PM.
    09-20-10 12:34 PM
    I think someone should call customer service and find out from them
    09-20-10 12:37 PM
    nobody is giving any info,

everytime i talk to customer service they just say the website will be updated before they know, which is complete BS

why do they have to play these damn games, why cant they say "it will be here this date, bring money"
    Last edited by carey965; 09-20-10 at 12:41 PM.
    09-20-10 12:39 PM
    hahahahah how do you take your coffee ?? also from where ?? Timmy's or Starbucks
    timmy's double double hahaha.. r u 4 real? haha
    09-20-10 12:45 PM
    This is getting frustrating
    09-20-10 12:46 PM
    I hate Bell.

They changed the website to 'coming soon' AGAIN!
    09-20-10 12:46 PM
    nobody is giving any info,

everytime i talk to customer service they just say the website will be updated before they know, which is complete BS

why do they have to play these damn games, why cant they say "it will be here this date, bring money"
    because "customer service" is the middle man.....u want CUSTOMER RELATIONS/RETENTION...they know way more and are more serious...im on hold at the moment....jus a sec...
    09-20-10 12:47 PM
    ok just talked to customer service and they spoke with the marketing dept and they are saying 2nd week of october now

how the **** can companies stay in business when there is no consistancy on something like a launch date
    09-20-10 12:49 PM
    timmy's double double hahaha.. r u 4 real? haha
    yea im totally for real.

Let me know what time and place and ill get you a timmys double double
    09-20-10 12:50 PM
    This is getting frustrating
    I agree! It's getting pretty lame
    09-20-10 12:50 PM
    because "customer service" is the middle man.....u want CUSTOMER RELATIONS/RETENTION...they know way more and are more serious...im on hold at the moment....jus a sec...

ya that is who i actually have been talking to in the past that is saying that

i actually got more info from the front line guy

i also have to call the store tonight that gave me the 21st info and she is going to tell me whether or not i can get it tomorrow
    09-20-10 12:51 PM
    My brother works for rogers and this is the exact convo we just had

Him: torch is delayed
    me: liar
    him: nope
    me: oct 1st?
    him: 1 week delay
    him: something like that
    me: how sure are you
    him: close to 110%

Apperently they sent out a global message in the rogers intranet informing of the delay.

Take it with a grain of salt, he might be lying to me just to **** me off, but if anyone would know, it would be a rogers customer service rep who is currently @ work..

EDIT: If the news hasn't broke out by then, I will upload a picture of the news report on the intranet that informs of the delay at around 4pm eastern....
    I don't have a pic yet, but here is what is exactly written on the rogers INTRANET

"Late last night we reported that bell delayed the anticipated laugh of the blackberry torch 9800. We have learned that all carriers, including the rogers brand is being impacted.The reasons are ranging from production line problems to network/firmware problems. We have yet to update our website to confirm the new official release date"

There you go boys, as official as it gets!
    09-20-10 12:53 PM
    ...Just got off the phone with Telus:

The CSR told me that they are planning to release the Torch at some point next week. She did not have a specific date, so this would point to an October 1 release, but it could really be as early as the 27th.

If you're wondering, I used the voice recognition to get to the Telus BB reps...so I would hope that they have at least half a clue...for what it's worth
    09-20-10 12:54 PM
    yea im totally for real.

Let me know what time and place and ill get you a timmys double double
    will you get me one too and bring it to wpg???? =D
    09-20-10 12:55 PM
1,372 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD