WOOOOT!! Just got mine - 2 months from my official HUP date and they let me get it IN-STORE!! Terms as already posted above - $249 less $50 rebate plus $35 admin fee blah blah! Apparently my wife and I are a high revenue account and so retentions let me get it at the store instead of having them ship it to me.
    09-30-10 03:31 PM
    Mine is Mexico 4 build....hmm wonder if that makes a difference everything feels nice and tight and solid with mine.

Came with .246, I have to say I am pretty happy with it and waiting a little extra was worth it seeing on how bad the .1xx was
    09-30-10 03:38 PM
    Hey just got mine this morning me and my friend both picked one up and the store actually had a bit of a line...when we arrived there were about 12 ppl all getting torches and the store received 30 units. ONE QUESTION THOUGH....for those who picked one up today from rogers what type of protective covering did your phone have mine had a screen protector like usual and a sticker on the back battery cover but nothing on the camera lens or the trackpad or end and send keys is it just me or do we usually have that because i have seen it in the unboxing videos
    same here 4 rogers
    09-30-10 03:47 PM
    Mexico 5 here with .246 - solid as ****!
    09-30-10 03:48 PM
    how come theres not "my account"? from rogers
    09-30-10 03:49 PM
    Mexico 5, .246 and solid as a rock. *Sniff* sitting in the back room of work, charging away since I drained the battery already. They should come charged!
    09-30-10 04:06 PM
    Did they put the Telus logo on it? It looks like Rogers and Bell are leaving the phones without the logo.
    No Telus logo here.. Just 5.0MP on the back where the camera is.
    Wow.. I was worried that with all my anticipation I would be a bit let down by this device, NOT AT ALL!!! It's amazing!
    09-30-10 04:10 PM
    Mine's Mexico 5 as well and everything is perfect. Now, there are some people on here that say the slider is rock solid and doesn't wiggle at all.. That's not the case with mine, there's def some side to side play (very tiny amount), open and closed. It doesn't bother me and there's no way I'll return it for that, just wondering if that's the case with all yours?
    09-30-10 04:14 PM
    Mine's Mexico 5 as well and everything is perfect. Now, there are some people on here that say the slider is rock solid and doesn't wiggle at all.. That's not the case with mine, there's def some side to side play (very tiny amount), open and closed. It doesn't bother me and there's no way I'll return it for that, just wondering if that's the case with all yours?
    yes mine is a mexico 5 and open or close it does wiggle, but its a "tiny" wiggle and its not like its gonna pop off...but its soo tiny that its not as bad as the others...
    09-30-10 04:19 PM
    yes mine is a mexico 5 and open or close it does wiggle, but its a "tiny" wiggle and its not like its gonna pop off...but its soo tiny that its not as bad as the others...
    Good to know. Even when I didn't have it, I was reluctant to believe some of the "zero wiggle at all" posts on here.. I just don't think it's possible given the design.
    09-30-10 04:20 PM
    how come theres not "my account"? from rogers
    How long ago did you activate the phone?
    Can take a couple hours before the icon shows up.
    09-30-10 04:22 PM
    Good to know. Even when I didn't have it, I was reluctant to believe some of the "zero wiggle at all" posts on here.. I just don't think it's possible given the design.
    yea, thats what i was thinking...now if it started to wiggle were i felt like it was gona come off of close to it then i would be goin back....but its the slightest wiggle that it doesnt bother me n i think its normal.
    09-30-10 04:23 PM
    Mine has a bit of wiggle open and closed. When closed I do notice it when tapping on the screen.
    09-30-10 04:25 PM
    Mine has a bit of wiggle open and closed. When closed I do notice it when tapping on the screen.
    Hmm.. I would return it. I have to actually grab the screen and move it to notice the wiggle. Both open and closed. And I'm using the virtual keyboard almost exclusively.
    09-30-10 04:30 PM
    what about on the inside??? i have a white sticker that has the pin, iemi and other stuff....also i have a white dot jus under the camera....this is all inside under the batt....anyone else have this?
    09-30-10 04:34 PM
    what about on the inside??? i have a white sticker that has the pin, iemi and other stuff....also i have a white dot jus under the camera....this is all inside under the batt....anyone else have this?
    I don't.. Does it say "QC" on it? If so, your device went through the quality control check!
    Edit: I have the white sticker with Pin, iemi (All BB's do) just no white dot under the camera.
    09-30-10 04:39 PM
    Where is the "QC" located? Charging mine on my pod which arrived with the screen protectors today with perfect timing - so can't look inside yet.
    09-30-10 04:51 PM
    hows the broswer running for you guys...im talking speed wise. I have visited a few sites such as crackberry nba espn and the speed to me isnt exactly where i would want it to be but the overall scrolling and pinch to zoom works alot better then i saw in some of the videos that we have all seen showcasing the browser. BTW i have been running it at home on wifi not sure if the speed would be different on 3G but i will give that a try as well
    09-30-10 05:27 PM
    Got mine. Mexico 5. .246. Solid and everything else seems to be working so far. Mine is mow charging as well.
    09-30-10 05:31 PM
    Mine has no wiggle unless I try to wiggle it and mine is Mexico 4. But who knows what that means. I don't think that there is much difference between Mexico, Canada, hungary. Why you say because my buddie is a manufscturing engineer at rim and the qc is the same everywhere and a lot of the product is automatated with scada

Still getting used to the virtual keyboard. I did turn prefictive off and thst has helped a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 05:34 PM
    LOVE MY MEXICO 5 hahahahaha I'm lovin this too much lol ahhahahahahaha
    09-30-10 07:23 PM
    Hmm.. I would return it. I have to actually grab the screen and move it to notice the wiggle. Both open and closed. And I'm using the virtual keyboard almost exclusively.
    It almost feels like surepress without the pressure. I can feel/hear the wiggle when I shake the Torch in my hand.
    09-30-10 07:59 PM
    Mine has no wiggle unless I try to wiggle it and mine is Mexico 4. But who knows what that means. I don't think that there is much difference between Mexico, Canada, hungary. Why you say because my buddie is a manufscturing engineer at rim and the qc is the same everywhere and a lot of the product is automatated with scada

Still getting used to the virtual keyboard. I did turn prefictive off and thst has helped a lot.

Are you sure about that? lol
    09-30-10 08:11 PM
    My Rogers Torch is running UMA right out of the box, even though the website said it was not supported. Nice!

09-30-10 08:11 PM
    I arrived at the nearest TELUS corporate store just after 9 this morning, first in line. About ten minutes later we had about five people and a nice conversation going. When the store opened at 10 there was about ten people in line, all for the Torch. The store received only 15 Torches, my guess is they were all sold within the first hour. The Rogers store received 40 Torches and had a much longer lineup, at least 25 people. The Bell store and Virgin kiosk didn't have anyone in line at 9:10 when I walked by. When I walked by the Apple Store, there was a dozen losers waiting outside and several already in hoping to get their hands on the phone released July 31st...

Interestingly, according to the in-store inventory check, the two nearest Futureshop stores did not have Rogers Torches this morning. They had stock for the three other carriers. The local BestBuy did not show any inventory.
    09-30-10 08:28 PM
1,372 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD