whadupppp TORCH for ROGERS : >

picked up it about 45mins ago at the Rogers store downtown that opens at 7:30..

Thanks to GELZZ I was 2nd in line!! thanks DUDE!!

side note: if you an existing customer u get a $50 rebate u have mail in... it;s $249 up front!
    Np Problem Dude anytime !
    09-30-10 11:16 AM
    Picked mine up this morn. Great phone thus far.
    09-30-10 11:31 AM
    It'll work, people has reported using the Storm, 9700 and even 9000 holsters with the 9800. But the sleep magnet isn't in the right place for the Bold holsters.
    Great! Not too worried about the magnets though. Don't use the holster much - just want some protection while I get a hard clear case and use my pocket.
    09-30-10 11:55 AM
    im the same, I just want protection, as long as I lock it while putting it in the case then im good to go!
    09-30-10 12:05 PM
    i love mine

i also picked up the 30 dollar sleeve that used to come free, tried my old storm one and it did not fit at all

its awesome, very much worth the wait

but can anyone tell me how to setup my old blackberry email account on this, the email setup wont allow me to do that, just my hotmail accounts
    09-30-10 12:12 PM
    Just switched out my at&t torch (sold it) that had a wobbly screen issue and bought a Rogers unit out right.

RIM has brutal quality control. The optical track pad isn't on 100% straight and there is an internal black spec of some sort with in the camera itself. At least the screen is stiff as a board. I will be returning this unit for another and going over it top to bottom. Very annoying.
    09-30-10 12:15 PM
    anyone who is getting the phone mailed to you, anyone get the tracking number yet? just wondering how long it will take haha
    09-30-10 12:43 PM
    Showed up 90 minutes before the Rogers store opened, and glad to say I was the first person in line....actually, let me rephrase that: I was the only person in line. A person walked by and said to me "Ohhh, lining up for the iPhone 4?" - ummm?

I'm just sitting in a lecture right now with my 9700 on the right hand side of my lapop and my 9800 sitting on the left side waiting for my number from Fido to port over to Rogers.

Pretty impressed with the OS, touch screen is nice, but after class I will play with it more
    09-30-10 01:03 PM
    Hey just got mine this morning me and my friend both picked one up and the store actually had a bit of a line...when we arrived there were about 12 ppl all getting torches and the store received 30 units. ONE QUESTION THOUGH....for those who picked one up today from rogers what type of protective covering did your phone have mine had a screen protector like usual and a sticker on the back battery cover but nothing on the camera lens or the trackpad or end and send keys is it just me or do we usually have that because i have seen it in the unboxing videos
    09-30-10 01:10 PM
    Mine had no stickers on camera or trackpad either...on Rogers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:15 PM
    what os are you running i believe some of the telus ones are running .216 i havent even turned mine on yet but iv heard we have .246
    09-30-10 01:17 PM
    Yippee... Just got a call from the BestBuy in Ottawa (Merivale)... they got their Rogers shipment in.
    09-30-10 01:25 PM
    mines running 246 and there was no stickers on it other then the 2 you were talking about, and i watched the guy open the box for the 1st time

same with the 2nd mexico 5 unit that i was looking at to make sure the wobble wasnt that bad
    09-30-10 01:34 PM
    All - I regret to inform you all that I have to take my Torch back later this afternoon. In all my excitement with the touchscreen, I neglected to check the quality of the touchpad. It is very inconsistent and often does not pick up on my movements. I've done battery pulls and the 'newspaper rub' trick that I've seen on some forums.

Note to all who are picking up your Torches - highly recommend that the trackpad be tested before you leave to ensure that it flows well like other touchpad BBs.

Hopefully my store has some left - Rogers apparently has a 15 day/30 min talk time return policy for those who didn't know.

CJ
    09-30-10 01:40 PM
    Any of you guys saw this?
    09-30-10 01:54 PM
    Life is complete.. Telus Torch in hand!!! It's perfect.
    09-30-10 02:42 PM
    HELLOOOOOOOOO torch!
    got my Rogers torch first thing in the morning
    life is gooooood!
    09-30-10 02:44 PM
    tou guys are all so lucky! My telus store here didnt get any today (live in a small town) they aren't getting any until tomorrow!!
    09-30-10 02:44 PM
    Life is complete.. Telus Torch in hand!!! It's perfect.
    Did they put the Telus logo on it? It looks like Rogers and Bell are leaving the phones without the logo.
    09-30-10 02:45 PM
    Just got home from picking mine up, what to check for everything feels good?
    09-30-10 02:46 PM
    Okay, my luck is really against me with this bloody phone... After pre-ordering it at BestBuy and specifically telling him I wanted to buy it outright, I go in to pick it up and they say they aren't selling it without a control until October 15th, even though it said on my receipt that it was for the full purchase one...

Now I have to find a place that will sell it outright.

Don't think I will ever go through this much trouble to get a phone again...
    09-30-10 02:49 PM
    Its transferring my contacts as we speak
    09-30-10 02:57 PM
    Okay, my luck is really against me with this bloody phone... After pre-ordering it at BestBuy and specifically telling him I wanted to buy it outright, I go in to pick it up and they say they aren't selling it without a control until October 15th, even though it said on my receipt that it was for the full purchase one...

Now I have to find a place that will sell it outright.

Don't think I will ever go through this much trouble to get a phone again...
    I don't believe that they can do that!

This was probably the sales associate/sales managers pitch because they make more money off of a HUP/New Activation then from outright selling the phone.

I dont know the info about the store but the associate makes 10$ Outright Selling it while 50+$ for a HUP/New Activation
    09-30-10 02:58 PM
    restoring my data as we speak
    pretty nice phone so far
    09-30-10 03:00 PM
    just got home with mine and its a mexico 5 build....
    09-30-10 03:25 PM
1,372 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD