Is anyone selling them today?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 11:36 AM
    If anyone is, they'd be doing so against HQ directives...
    09-29-10 11:48 AM
    Is anyone selling them today?

nope i tried calling

If anyone is, they'd be doing so against HQ directives...
    yep they would be and that is exactly what the stores told me!
    09-29-10 11:50 AM
    Go to a corporate store, auth dealers typically are smaller volume stores that recieve fewer handsets and they have certain policies of their own regarding cash buy outs etc.
    Are the corp stores are 'Rogers Plus' vs. 'Authorized Dealers' as shown on the Rogers website?
    09-29-10 11:54 AM
    My local rogers plus store has them, but can't sell till tomororw.

My good friend at futureshop also has them and can't sell till tomorrow either.
    09-29-10 11:59 AM
    well if future shop has them and can't sell till tomorrow, then I guess i'll be getting mine from Best Buy tomorrow
    09-29-10 01:09 PM
    TOMORRRROW!

Waking up right when the story opens for mine
    09-29-10 01:44 PM
    I just got this email from Bell:
    Light a Torch with Canada’s best network. Available tomorrow at Bell.
    The BlackBerry� Torch™ 9800 smartphone BlackBerry� Torch™ 9800 smartphone

3-yr. term $179.95 (3) SAVE $420 no term $599.95 The BlackBerry� Torch™ 9800 – the first ever BlackBerry touch slider – will be available September 30 at Bell stores. Take full advantage of it on Canada’s fastest and largest high-speed network.1 You’ll get faster downloads, the fewest call failures and clear reception. Plus, enjoy coverage in over 200 countries.2
    Features include:

* Full touch screen with sliding QWERTY keyboard
    * Better browsing – tabbed so you can view multiple pages at once
    * Social feeds – see updates from social networking sites together in one view
    * 5.0 megapixel camera with flash
    * SIM card

Visit a Bell store tomorrow.

Also I went to 3 different rogers stores today and they all had torches in stock! I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES> They just can't sell it till tomorrow....

LAST THING> Best Buy (At least flagship store and scarborough) should get shipment tomorrow and will most likely sell friday..
    09-29-10 02:10 PM
    for those of you on telus i suggest you call the store today

just called bowmanville and they have them in stock ready for me 1st thing tomorrow morn

lets just say i am excited to be able to actually use my cell phone at home
    09-29-10 02:56 PM
    does anyone know if it says "rogers" on the front bottom?
    09-29-10 03:17 PM
    It does NOT say Rogers on the front. Just held one an hour ago.

09-29-10 03:20 PM
    It does NOT say Rogers on the front. Just held one an hour ago.

wow...so this is the 1st device that has come out without a rogers logo...
    i wonder y?
    09-29-10 03:25 PM
    I did a pre-order with Future Shop. So I called them just now and they say they haven't received any Rogers Torches yet. They tell me I should come to the store tomorrow. Then she tells me having a pre-order doesn't necessarily mean I'll have any priority on getting one. I ask her what's the sense of a pre-order then. She puts me on hold. Comes back and tells me I should wait until the guy that sold it to me calls, he's supposed to call when my phone is available.
    09-29-10 03:35 PM
    She doesn't know ****. It does give you priority.

09-29-10 04:06 PM
    Are the corp stores are 'Rogers Plus' vs. 'Authorized Dealers' as shown on the Rogers website?
    Hey all, new to the site and was also wondering this. Is the Rogers Plus store a corporate store? Does that mean they will have more stock?
    09-29-10 04:08 PM
    Hey all, new to the site and was also wondering this. Is the Rogers Plus store a corporate store? Does that mean they will have more stock?
    They are corporate stores, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will have more stock. All the dealers in my area seem to have stock already, but none of the Rogers Plus stores have received any yet...at least in the Vancouver area.
    09-29-10 04:28 PM
    Probably - plus their policies will be more in line with Rogers HQ - unlike the other retail outlets.
    09-29-10 04:29 PM
    They are corporate stores, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will have more stock. All the dealers in my area seem to have stock already, but none of the Rogers Plus stores have received any yet...at least in the Vancouver area.
    Thank you
    09-29-10 05:02 PM
    Just came back from a Rogers Plus store .they took a 50.00 deposit on the phone to hold 1 of 30 they had in stock and told me they will hold it untill tomorrow only. So I have mine lined up

09-29-10 05:25 PM
    12pm - I visit the Rogers store to confirm the launch of the Torch, they confirm it as tomorrow and even show me that there is a Torch with my name on it.

2pm - The girl from the store phones to tell me that I can't pick up my Torch until 1pm because she doesn't start until then.

Ummmm....tough luck hun, I don't care about your commission - I am picking up my Torch first thing in the morning
    09-29-10 05:34 PM
    Argh!!!!

Via Twitter:

SaskTel Due to a shipping delay the Torch may not be at SaskTel Stores and Dealers until Friday or next week. Pls call ahead for availability. ^AT

SaskTel We're doing the best we can to get these extremely popular devices into your hands. Unfortunately delays do happen. ^AT
    09-29-10 05:48 PM
    I just called the local telus store and the girl there told me that they were unable to even order stock for themselves until tommorow, which would make monday the earliest possibility for me. I called 611 and a lady there informed me they should be in store, available for purchase tommorow. She said just call other stores until I find one where they know what they are talking about.

By Monday noon time, I will either have a new telus torch or will be part of the mass exodus to bell.
    09-29-10 06:24 PM
    My contact who works at a Telus dealer in Vaughan,ON confirmed that their order of 40 9800s shipped today for arrival tomorrow before 11am!
    09-29-10 08:04 PM
    12pm - I visit the Rogers store to confirm the launch of the Torch, they confirm it as tomorrow and even show me that there is a Torch with my name on it.

2pm - The girl from the store phones to tell me that I can't pick up my Torch until 1pm because she doesn't start until then.

Ummmm....tough luck hun, I don't care about your commission - I am picking up my Torch first thing in the morning
    Darn rights!! I wouldn't wait either.

I had gone into a Rogers Plus on Monday to look at a BB Bold 9700, but the guy told me he would hold a Torch for me for Thursday. Called him today and he said that he hasn't gotten them yet and that he's not sure if he will get them tomorrow. I called around and a bunch of other stores have 50+ each, right now, so Im skipping the first guy and lining up at 7:30am to get mine somewhere else. Cannot wait!!
    09-29-10 09:30 PM
    My contact who works at a Telus dealer in Vaughan,ON confirmed that their order of 40 9800s shipped today for arrival tomorrow before 11am!
    Manny from Canadian Mobile?
    09-29-10 09:36 PM
1,372 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD