Was trying to post sooner, but had a small influx of customers that prevented me from doing so. Build quality seems solid, I don't see the wiggle thing people have reported at all. Mexico 5 is the assembly listed on the box. OS verision is 6.0.0.246
    Sweet! Thanks for update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 11:03 AM
    .246 - sweet! I'm worried about this "new activations only" posted above, though....
    09-28-10 11:09 AM
    sweet.. just called the rogers store i am planning to pick my torch up at ..

me: "will you have the torch on thurs?"
    her: "yes we will"
    me: "sweet, are you gonna have it when you open?"
    her: "for sure we are, cause i want one too"

so yah i think they got stock already.. she didn't hesitate and she seemed really sure.

SWEEETT i'll be lining up ; >
    09-28-10 11:28 AM
    I'm guessing that all the reports of Torches arriving in stores are from the East? Nobody can confirm that Torches have started to arrive in stores in BC?

09-28-10 11:48 AM
    .246 - sweet! I'm worried about this "new activations only" posted above, though....
    Don't be. I went to Future Shop and I am a hardware upgrade.

They told me initally New Activations have priority, and i'll tell them to shove it if they don't want to give me my Torch ASAP and walk over to the Bell World store.
    09-28-10 11:54 AM
    Don't be. I went to Future Shop and I am a hardware upgrade.

They told me initally New Activations have priority, and i'll tell them to shove it if they don't want to give me my Torch ASAP and walk over to the Bell World store.
    Thing is - I'm an early upgrade. Only by a couple of months though...
    09-28-10 12:04 PM
    I'm guessing that all the reports of Torches arriving in stores are from the East? Nobody can confirm that Torches have started to arrive in stores in BC?

Don't worry it'll arrive to BC eventually, the Canada Post ponies need to stop for some water you know.
    09-28-10 12:04 PM
    Don't worry it'll arrive to BC eventually, the Canada Post ponies need to stop for some water you know.
    Just confirmed with my Best Buy that they already have them in store but won't sell them til the 30th (this was in Alberta btw)

09-28-10 12:06 PM
    Just popped in at the local AirSource (Rogers dealer here in Saskatoon).
    I asked, "can you confirm you have the 9800 in stock?"
    <blank look> "9800?"
    "The Torch."
    "Oh! The Torch! No, not until the day before launch (tomorrow)."
    It was a tad frustrating to see that even 48 hours before launch (or the announcement of another Rogers' delay) the staff still have little-to-no clue what is going on. <sigh>
    09-28-10 12:32 PM
    Just popped in at the local AirSource (Rogers dealer here in Saskatoon).
    I asked, "can you confirm you have the 9800 in stock?"
    <blank look> "9800?"
    "The Torch."
    "Oh! The Torch! No, not until the day before launch (tomorrow)."
    It was a tad frustrating to see that even 48 hours before launch (or the announcement of another Rogers' delay) the staff still have little-to-no clue what is going on. <sigh>

***Edit:Also popped in at Best Buy. No dummy phones on display.
    09-28-10 12:36 PM
    ***Edit:Also popped in at Best Buy. No dummy phones on display.
    Popped into my Rogers store and they have the display phone, but weren't allowed to display it until launch day.
    09-28-10 12:45 PM
    I was not talking about preorders..waiting lists at Rogers or bell or Telus.

09-28-10 12:45 PM

I played with a dummy one in Bell last Friday. I never got around to asking if they had or when they were receiving stock as I don't plan on buying it but getting it free. Was in VICTORIA BC btw.

09-28-10 01:12 PM
    ^Yeah, I have seen a few dummies around in the Vancouver area, but the few Rogers Plus stores I have visited this morning haven't got any actual units yet.

09-28-10 01:26 PM
    Mobilesyrup just posted that the Torch "MAY" be available tomorrow for Telus locations.

Source: MobileSyrup
    09-28-10 01:31 PM
    According to a couple of people on the Vodafone UK forums, they have received theirs and expecting more deliveries tomorrow..not 100% reliable though.
    09-28-10 02:03 PM
    Mobilesyrup just posted that the Torch "MAY" be available tomorrow for Telus locations.

Source: MobileSyrup
    Will this include best buy and future shop locations or just actual telus stores?
    09-28-10 02:32 PM
    Will this include best buy and future shop locations or just actual telus stores?
    I just called Bestbuy in Ottawa Coventry road, and told me that just show up on thursday at 10.00 and I will have my Torch, that I pre-paid $50 for....
    09-28-10 03:01 PM
    So rogers won't be getting a sleeve in the box. Miranda was wrooong!

09-28-10 03:30 PM
    Makes you wonder about all the other bits of misinformation flying about out there!
    09-28-10 03:32 PM
    Just to follow up on my previous post, just got back from my local store and they said that as soon as the Torch arrives, it will be in my hand. So if they come tomorrow, I get my Torch then.
    09-28-10 03:33 PM
    what store is that?
    09-28-10 03:55 PM
    what store is that?
    It was an Andre's Audiotronics here on the west coast. Apparently my friend went to a Telus store in Vancouver over this weekend and they said it could be 10 days after the 30th before they see them, but I'm not sure where staff heard that.

It really is amazing that amount of miscommunication that has taken place with this launch.
    09-28-10 03:58 PM
    It was an Andre's Audiotronics here on the west coast. Apparently my friend went to a Telus store in Vancouver over this weekend and they said it could be 10 days after the 30th before they see them, but I'm not sure where staff heard that.

It really is amazing that amount of miscommunication that has taken place with this launch.
    well that kinda sucks

well i guess i will be calling my store tomorrow to see if they have them
    09-28-10 04:08 PM
    According to a couple of people on the Vodafone UK forums, they have received theirs and expecting more deliveries tomorrow..not 100% reliable though.
    Lol Kevin.. Look at us hopping between Voda e-forum and CB forum.

We're mighty impatient for this device.lol.
    09-28-10 04:11 PM
1,372 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD