^ some people here remind me of this
    09-27-10 10:57 PM
    I asked the person in retentions if they could just add the data to my current cell plan and they said it would make my current phone not work until I switched to a Blackberry.
    That's because blackberry data plans are different from all other data plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I realize that, but why would that turn off my voice features? (I have a basic Sanyo flip phone, nothing fancy).
    09-27-10 11:19 PM
    Its the final countdown!

09-28-10 12:03 AM
    This sleep and two more and.....showtime!!
    09-28-10 12:44 AM
    Yep ... three more sleeps.

I've already put my name on a waiting list--I'm number 2--at a Rogers store near where I work ... but I'm going to go back there tomorrow (Tuesday) to ensure that list doesn't get lost.

[evil grin] ... maybe I should put my name in at some of the Rogers stores nearby, heh, heh, heh, heh.
    09-28-10 02:10 AM
    Those of you on waiting lists ...if a store has 50 phones on launch day and 50 people on the wait list I guarantee if 50 first customers who are not on the list coming in to upgrade get there before you show up , they are not going to be told sorry your not on the list and can't upgrade today.

09-28-10 05:54 AM
    @2008blackrabbit

If you preordered at BESTBUY or FUTRESHOP, YOu have one on hold to up to 30 days when you made the Deposit
    09-28-10 06:30 AM
    Still wondering if there's really going to be a 2 for 1 on the Torch for Rogers customers in Quebec....Mmmmmm that would be nice and why not all across Canada

Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 available September 30th... plus a BOGO offer for Quebec only? | MobileSyrup.com
    09-28-10 07:04 AM
    ^ I really hate Quebec right now.

For some reason, they are getting amazing amazing deals lately.
    09-28-10 07:14 AM
    Nothing is confirmed yet for QC deal on the 2 for 1 (Rogers Torch)
    09-28-10 07:21 AM
    Probably not, but with Bell they got 20% their plans for 3 years!
    09-28-10 07:25 AM
    ^ some people here remind me of this
    thanks man but i am not really that bad
    i just want a decent working phone and the storm i have nowseems to not be doing that for me
    09-28-10 07:27 AM
    fuk off, i am calling every single location that sells telus phones tomorrow and seeing if i can talk anyone into selling me one, my storm needs to go i already threw it across the room at work tonight cause it was pissing me off
    wow a little hasty......all i did was give my name to my local store and they called as soon as they got it in.Bought it last night but can not get it to work t'ill thursday morning due to official lauch date!
    09-28-10 09:32 AM
    wow a little hasty......all i did was give my name to my local store and they called as soon as they got it in.Bought it last night but can not get it to work t'ill thursday morning due to official lauch date!

I don't believe this at all.

Nothing should be preventing it from working.
    09-28-10 09:36 AM
    Just called Future Shop at Yonge and Dundas, they told me they have them in but they're not allowed to sell them until Thursday
    I just called Bestbuy in Ottawa Coventry road, and told me that just show up on thursday at 10.00 and I will have my Torch, that I pre-paid $50 for....
    09-28-10 09:42 AM

I don't believe this at all.

Nothing should be preventing it from working.

WHAT HAPPENNED IS THIS....i gave my name so my friend a local cell phone dealer ,so yesterday at around 5 they called and said it is in so i went right over and they let me have the phone before doing anything cause they were closed but i only charged it all night.This morning when i went in to activate it they said sorry we have to wait t'ill thursday morning dur to bell locking up the activation.They tried anyways and it kept telling them unrecognized product key! When they gave it to me last night they did not know about the launch date cause they assumed they got it ,it should be able to go!! But no worries at least i have mine but just not working t'ill 8 am on the 30th when she activates it as soon as they open the system!
    09-28-10 09:43 AM
    WHAT HAPPENNED IS THIS....i gave my name so my friend a local cell phone dealer ,so yesterday at around 5 they called and said it is in so i went right over and they let me have the phone before doing anything cause they were closed but i only charged it all night.This morning when i went in to activate it they said sorry we have to wait t'ill thursday morning dur to bell locking up the activation.They tried anyways and it kept telling them unrecognized product key! When they gave it to me last night they did not know about the launch date cause they assumed they got it ,it should be able to go!! But no worries at least i have mine but just not working t'ill 8 am on the 30th when she activates it as soon as they open the system!
    Can you at least get it online via wifi? What about accessing BBM and other BIS stuff?

But yeah, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to lock something a few days before release, maybe that's the intention these days to prevent early obtainers.
    09-28-10 09:48 AM
    Figure I'll chime in as well, I just got my store's allocation of Torches, with a huge do not sell on the shipping container, heh. And considering my store is the smallest cellular location in my district and I got a shipment, it certainly sounds like the rumors of 'more than enough units' may be true. I have to say though, a silly little polishing cloth instead of a case is rather lame.

09-28-10 09:49 AM
    Those of you on waiting lists ...if a store has 50 phones on launch day and 50 people on the wait list I guarantee if 50 first customers who are not on the list coming in to upgrade get there before you show up , they are not going to be told sorry your not on the list and can't upgrade today.

I'm pretty sure that would violate something, I'm sure there's a law or something, they took money to hold the phone, and didn't hold it. They'd be in hot water if they got caught doing that. Unless your talking about a waiting list rather than a preorder.

This is getting ridiculous now, they missed the original launch date, now stores have stock and they are forcing us to wait until their secondary launch date. The store I preordered at says they still don't have stock yet anyways, so, I still wouldn't get mine, but this is nuts.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-28-10 at 09:55 AM.
    09-28-10 09:52 AM
    Figure I'll chime in as well, I just got my store's allocation of Torches, with a huge do not sell on the shipping container, heh. And considering my store is the smallest cellular location in my district and I got a shipment, it certainly sounds like the rumors of 'more than enough units' may be true. I have to say though, a silly little polishing cloth instead of a case is rather lame.

I agree was very disapointed when i openned the box to see no case and only a cleaning cloth,ear piece,and the usb with the adapter for 120 charging.
    09-28-10 09:53 AM
    I agree was very disapointed when i openned the box to see no case and only a cleaning cloth,ear piece,and the usb with the adapter for 120 charging.
    Can I ask how is the build quality of the phones you received? And what OS are they shipping with?

Thanks

09-28-10 09:57 AM
    Just talked to customer relations - available for order through them on Thursday morning, 8 am. He did warn me that there is a chance that the Torch will not be available for HUP, and only for new activations (like what happened with the 9000).

He offered me a price of 199 for a 3 year contract extension (same as new activation price).

I am a "high" revenue account, so I'm not sure if the same is going to go for everyone, but they also offered me $50 unlimited anytime calling to Canada and US w/unlimited SMS/MMS so I am one happy camper this morning
    09-28-10 10:01 AM
    I'm pretty sure that would violate something, I'm sure there's a law or something, they took money to hold the phone, and didn't hold it. They'd be in hot water if they got caught doing that. Unless your talking about a waiting list rather than a preorder.

This is getting ridiculous now, they missed the original launch date, now stores have stock and they are forcing us to wait until their secondary launch date. The store I preordered at says they still don't have stock yet anyways, so, I still wouldn't get mine, but this is nuts.
    Actually, I shouldn't say that, the guy tried avoiding the question. I asked if they had torches, he said they don't go on sale until the 30th, I asked if they had stock, he said not until the 30th. He just seemed to want off the phone... lol. They may have stock, but don't want it to be known, because they don't want people trying to get one early or something, who knows.
    09-28-10 10:05 AM
    Understandable why this phone doesn't work with a Canadian carrier sim.
    I am sure if you unlocked it and had an AT&T Sim, the phone would function, just not able to be activated yet on Telus or Rogers or Bell untl their system accepts that ESN on one of their sims.

But the big question posed above remains...which OS version is this shipping with?

And, what's the origin of the phone (Mexico 4,5,8 etc?) and build quality of it (wobbly screen?).
    09-28-10 10:36 AM
    Can I ask how is the build quality of the phones you received? And what OS are they shipping with?

Thanks

Was trying to post sooner, but had a small influx of customers that prevented me from doing so. Build quality seems solid, I don't see the wiggle thing people have reported at all. Mexico 5 is the assembly listed on the box. OS verision is 6.0.0.246
    09-28-10 10:45 AM
1,372 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD