That's what I am counting on.

I want a Torch to be available on release day because I will be switching my plan over on the 30th to take advantage of the 6GB/$30 data plan and my current phone will be rendered inoperable.

I don't want to be on a week long waiting list because everyone's excitement came back and lined up outside the mall at 1AM.
    Are you currently in a contract and waiting to upgrade?

If you are, call retentions, and tell them you want to get that deal, put it on your plan, and then when you pick up your phone, it'll be your upgrade. It's what I'm doing with Bell.
    09-26-10 01:36 PM

If you are, call retentions, and tell them you want to get that deal, put it on your plan, and then when you pick up your phone, it'll be your upgrade. It's what I'm doing with Bell.
    + 1.

I did exactly that with TELUS Thursday evening when it became clear that the Torch was delayed at least a week.
    09-26-10 07:22 PM
    T-4 days until Canadian carriers delay the 9800 (again)....? <sigh>
    this actually made me chuckle out loud, thankfully no one heard. I hope your wrong.
    09-26-10 10:21 PM
    Actually seen one today It was an unlocked AT&T one. Nice looking phone. I just however got a 9700 so a Torch will be a long way in the future for me
    I do look forward to an OS6 upgrade on my 9700 when it is available though
    09-26-10 10:39 PM
    3 days and i lay my BB storm to rest - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
    09-27-10 07:25 AM
    3 days and i lay my BB storm to rest - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
    Lol.. You and me both buddy! It's been a good run but it's time to part ways..
    To be honest, I think i'm going to miss surepress. Might take some getting used to.
    09-27-10 07:45 AM
    try this again....

3 days, 72 hrs, 4377 minutes, 262668 seconds
    09-27-10 08:02 AM
    i am in the same boat, i used to love my storm but now i am sick of it
    i like surepress too but i am looking forward to having a physical keyboard again
    09-27-10 08:04 AM
    at least you gus have ur storm still running. My storm was being a d*ck due to late emails and CRAP ! I had to switch to a Tour.
    But I can't wait !
    09-27-10 08:23 AM
    hopefully with the delay of the launch the stores will have stock wednesday night!
    09-27-10 08:28 AM
    Have you heard of one angry American on here who wasn't able to get there hands on the 9800 on US release day... this is blackberry people, not apple.
    No, but i have heard of several angry Canadians who werent able to get their hands on a 9800 on release day...
    09-27-10 08:33 AM

If they add that data plan to my account, my current phone won't work, hence why I want the phone on release day so I can switch the plans over on the last day it is offered and minimize my downtime.
    09-27-10 09:39 AM
    If they add that data plan to my account, my current phone won't work, hence why I want the phone on release day so I can switch the plans over on the last day it is offered and minimize my downtime.
    I don't understand how your phone would not work? It's a $30 add on for data. It shouldn't affect anything.
    09-27-10 10:02 AM
    I don't understand how your phone would not work? It's a $30 add on for data. It shouldn't affect anything.
    I asked the person in retentions if they could just add the data to my current cell plan and they said it would make my current phone not work until I switched to a Blackberry.
    09-27-10 10:06 AM
    what im really looking forward to from my storm....
    3G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Faster Processor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WEBKIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!

FTW!!!!!!

lol
    09-27-10 10:25 AM
    That's because blackberry data plans are different from all other data plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 10:26 AM
    FWIW-I move my 9700 sim around between it and assorted other phones (X10, X10 mini, N97), everything works fine. Go the other way though (girlfriends iPhone sim in the 9700) and data wouldn't work. Phone/sms was fine.

My experience, YMMV.
    09-27-10 11:03 AM
    i know a lot of people are super mad about the torch being pushed back a week, but i'm still pumped for this phone!!! still crossing my fingers that rogers will let me get this phone!
    09-27-10 12:14 PM
    I was watching Edmonton news this morning and they had their tech dude doing a spot on the Torch. Alls I gotta say is God Damn that's a sexy phone. I can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 02:58 PM
    i know a lot of people are super mad about the torch being pushed back a week, but i'm still pumped for this phone!!! still crossing my fingers that rogers will let me get this phone!
    Your gonna be even more mad, Rumor is torch is not coming out this week. I hear they've pushed back the release yet again for the torch and won't be coming out for a another month atleast!!! due to hardware issues. aackkkk RIM!!!
    Last edited by IGeeve; 09-27-10 at 03:07 PM.
    09-27-10 03:01 PM
    Your gonna be even more mad, Rumor is torch is not coming out this week. I hear won't be coming out for a another month atleast!!! due to hardware issues. aackkkk RIM!!!
    Well that's awesome!! Where did you hear this news??
    09-27-10 03:08 PM
    I'm not sure where you heard that it was getting delayed again. But just today, the Telus twitter stated that the Torch was available September 30th.

Also, what hardware issues could there be? The phone is out in the US and as far as I know, there are no major hardware issues.
    09-27-10 03:19 PM
    Your gonna be even more mad, Rumor is torch is not coming out this week. I hear they've pushed back the release yet again for the torch and won't be coming out for a another month atleast!!! due to hardware issues. aackkkk RIM!!!

No.

1) RIM has already released the phone in the United States, they aren't going to manufacture a different version of the Torch for Canadians, the phone is fine, the initial delay was because there wasn't enough stock to go around and they didn't want another iPhone4 fiasco.

2) Think about it from an investor/consumer standpoint. Pretty sure if any of these companies delayed the phone again, they'd lose a lot of money and interest in the product. Bell is already compensating consumers by taking 20 or 30 dollars off the original 3-year contract price for this reason alone.

3) Telus has tweeted the release to be September 30th, I've been told in store and online it's the 30th, it's going to be the 30th. One of my buddies that works in the store said they should have it Wednesday night, so if you go in late theres a chance you'll get it early.

Please do not invent your own rumors, there already has been enough chaos surrounding this device that we don't need any more false information. We're all tired, we're grumpy, and we want our damn Torch.
    09-27-10 03:28 PM
    No.

1) RIM has already released the phone in the United States, they aren't going to manufacture a different version of the Torch for Canadians, the phone is fine, the initial delay was because there wasn't enough stock to go around and they didn't want another iPhone4 fiasco.

2) Think about it from an investor/consumer standpoint. Pretty sure if any of these companies delayed the phone again, they'd lose a lot of money and interest in the product. Bell is already compensating consumers by taking 20 or 30 dollars off the original 3-year contract price for this reason alone.

3) Telus has tweeted the release to be September 30th, I've been told in store and online it's the 30th, it's going to be the 30th. One of my buddies that works in the store said they should have it Wednesday night, so if you go in late theres a chance you'll get it early.

Please do not invent your own rumors, there already has been enough chaos surrounding this device that we don't need any more false information. We're all tired, we're grumpy, and we want our damn Torch.
    Haha.. I liked this! I really liked the last line as it pretty much sums up how we all feel! I will say however, that the reason for the delay has not been confirmed and that it's more likely OS related than stock.
    09-27-10 03:36 PM
    Like I said a couple of days ago - a new processor??
    09-27-10 03:39 PM
1,372 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD