Wow i'm going with bell... 179.99. they also dont charge the monthly connection fee (like telus). its 50$ plus tax
    09-24-10 09:41 AM
    its great, launch day and i still cant get a straight answer to even when it is supposed to be out

what the **** is wrong with these people
    09-24-10 09:42 AM
    3 Rogers Plus stores east of toronto (ajax / Pickering) do not have stock ...2 said to check back later this afternoon as they may get them in ???? Wtf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 09:48 AM
    It is confirmed that Sept 30th is the 'official' release date now for Rogers. They updated their Torch page to include this now.

09-24-10 09:51 AM
    Once you get passed the touch factor, what does it do besides browse the web better then say a 9700? (my last phone) .. nothing. I have actually found it to be less ergonomic and more cumbersome. Not to mention the multiple issues with the hardware and software.
    5MP Camera
    Social Feeds
    Wireless Music Sync
    Webkit Browser
    Touch
    OS 6
    Larger Screen

That's for 9700. Just imagine 8330. So you can understand why I'm waiting for this.
    09-24-10 09:57 AM
    5MP Camera
    Social Feeds
    Wireless Music Sync
    Webkit Browser
    Touch
    OS 6
    Larger Screen

That's for 9700. Just imagine 8330. So you can understand why I'm waiting for this.
    Yeah, like I said.. it's all somewhat unimpressive once you have it for a month.

The issues with hardware and software and too large to look past.
    09-24-10 10:07 AM
    Yeah, like I said.. it's all somewhat unimpressive once you have it for a month.

This phone is amazing. The hardware is perfect on my phone. All the .2xx OS versions have been outstanding and vastly improved. Nothing is slow except maybe while loading a huge web page - just for a few seconds.

I love the form factor - it feels great - keyboard slides open easily once you get used to it - it's thicker than an iPhone of course but not nearly as big length x width. It feels solid. I still see others checking it out when I'm using it in public - it looks sexy.

I look forward to Canada and other countries finally releasing it so you guys can enjoy it too. Don't listen to these whiners.
    09-24-10 10:12 AM
    I'm confused how this is supposed to be an "official launch day" when nobody can seem to get their hands on the phone.

I figured by now we'd have at least one lucky CB forum member get their hands on one... somewhere. Or maybe they have, and they are still too busy playing with it to post on here?

Either way, this has to be the most bungled launch I have ever seen. Communications company's failing to communicate right up to and including launch day.

The sad part is, none of them will learn anything and stuff like this will continue to happen because we have no competition in this country. We're still going to buy the phones from them when they come out, still going to use it on their network, and they are still going to make record profits. No matter what they do to their customers.

It's sad.
    Last edited by pumaman; 09-24-10 at 10:30 AM.
    09-24-10 10:23 AM
    One of the largest companies in Canada, BCE inc (Bell) said that it would launch on Oct. 1. That should have been the warning that pretty much nobody else would be able to launch today. People were just letting their delusions get the better of them.
    09-24-10 10:29 AM
    Hi All,

I'm so confused with all the launching dates. It makes me so pissed off that nobody can actually come forward a be straight with us. I got word from my bro that they are receiving their shipment on Wednesday, so I belive the official launch is the 30th.

Can anybody else confirm this?

J.
    09-24-10 10:34 AM

Social feeds will always keep me impressed.
    As well as RSS feeds
    09-24-10 10:42 AM
    just called the telus store here they basically said they have no idea wtf is going on. She said she thought they were getting the torch but now was told only that it will be release sometime in the fall.

All this is very upsetting. Not the fact that we have to wait for the phone because a delay is fine, BUT up to last night stores CSR reps and other still claiming that today will be launch day is laughable. Its not like something huge happened over night that set it back.
    09-24-10 10:54 AM
    09-24-10 11:19 AM
    Right off the Bell Website:

BlackBerry� Torch™ 9800The Torch combines the best of both worlds: a touch screen and slide-out keyboard coupled with an optical trackpad. Plus, the Torch features the new BlackBerry 6 operating system which offers richer web browsing and social networking integration.

Guarantee your BlackBerry Torch now. Order online and your Torch will ship on September 29th. Available in store on September 30th.
    09-24-10 11:25 AM
    This phone is amazing. The hardware is perfect on my phone. All the .2xx OS versions have been outstanding and vastly improved. Nothing is slow except maybe while loading a huge web page - just for a few seconds.

I love the form factor - it feels great - keyboard slides open easily once you get used to it - it's thicker than an iPhone of course but not nearly as big length x width. It feels solid. I still see others checking it out when I'm using it in public - it looks sexy.

I look forward to Canada and other countries finally releasing it so you guys can enjoy it too. Don't listen to these whiners.
    I totally agree with jeffreii...I don't know what hometownhero's been smoking
    09-24-10 12:14 PM
    Telus is releasing September 30th.

I posted on Twitter what a failure it was for Telus to remain silent when Rogers and Bell made announcements. A few minutes later I got a reply from Telus support saying it was the 30th.

"@The_Real_KC Hi, Anthony from @TELUSSupport here. We are actually releasing the Blackberry Torch on September 30th."

Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 09-24-10 at 07:15 PM.
    09-24-10 12:21 PM
    I'm confused how this is supposed to be an "official launch day" when nobody can seem to get their hands on the phone.

I figured by now we'd have at least one lucky CB forum member get their hands on one... somewhere. Or maybe they have, and they are still too busy playing with it to post on here?

Either way, this has to be the most bungled launch I have ever seen. Communications company's failing to communicate right up to and including launch day.

The sad part is, none of them will learn anything and stuff like this will continue to happen because we have no competition in this country. We're still going to buy the phones from them when they come out, still going to use it on their network, and they are still going to make record profits. No matter what they do to their customers.

It's sad.
    Yes, this has become the "launch that never was" and you are correct to point out that we have no choice but to continue buying their phones and contributing to their record profits. And RIM's too...if we want a Torch.

Now let's see if the other carriers match Bell's discounted price...
    Last edited by AlKa; 09-24-10 at 12:27 PM.
    09-24-10 12:24 PM
    Just called my futureshop where I pre-ordered and they said they will be getting it 29th. I'm going there first thing.
    09-24-10 02:46 PM
    I heard they had to send all the phones back to get the OS updated since it was so bad out of the box.
    09-24-10 03:25 PM
    Hi everyone, what did I miss?? lol.. What a joke this "release" has been. Pretty bummed.
    09-24-10 04:35 PM
    Why did the guy at Bestbuy say the release is the 30th, then when I spoke to them again it's now the 1st... not that it's a huge deal being one day.. but common, pick and date and stick with it!!
    09-24-10 04:55 PM
    Hi everyone, what did I miss?? lol.. What a joke this "release" has been. Pretty bummed.
    Pretty bummed about sums it up.

09-24-10 05:46 PM
    think thursday will stick? or are we forever going to get pushed? lol
    09-24-10 06:45 PM
    Who knows? I'm just like...resigned! My store will get it when they get it and they've told me the HUP should not be a problem. I'm third on their list, so even if they get a small consignment, I should be able to nab one. Anyway, they will call me when it's in, so, for now, I plan to relax from all this B.S.......
    09-24-10 06:56 PM
    Sep. 30th for Telus due to lack of inventory.
    09-24-10 07:24 PM
1,372 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD