Funny thing though, the best buy mobile store was the only place in the entire mall that had a dummy unit. I checked rogers, both bell kiosks, wireless wave, and telephone booth. I didn't check telus tho. The guy at rogers called me a liar when I told him best buy mobile store had one. Lol. He said it was 100% impossible. Clearly it wasn't. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 09:45 AM
    Funny thing though, the best buy mobile store was the only place in the entire mall that had a dummy unit. I checked rogers, both bell kiosks, wireless wave, and telephone booth. I didn't check telus tho. The guy at rogers called me a liar when I told him best buy mobile store had one. Lol. He said it was 100% impossible. Clearly it wasn't. Lol.

Lol..I wonder if that guy went and checked for himself after talking to you.

Anyways welcome aboard!

09-23-10 09:47 AM
    I just read the article over at mobilesyrup, the prices are ridiculous and that's before the 12-13% tax BC & Ont has.
    09-23-10 10:23 AM
    Both FutureShop and Best Buy in the Markham area do not have the demo unit as of 11:37 AM today.
    09-23-10 10:39 AM
    I just read the article over at mobilesyrup, the prices are ridiculous and that's before the 12-13% tax BC & Ont has.
    Here's that article .. Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 will "begin arriving" on September 27th, online ordering available on the 24th | MobileSyrup.com
    09-23-10 10:42 AM
    Holy **** i last checked this thread at 5 PM last night and it grew like almost 10 pages since then. I just spent all morning getting through this!
    A very efficient morning at work for me by the way!
    09-23-10 10:42 AM
    HAHAHa sorry buds been posted alreday :P
    09-23-10 11:02 AM
    I say we all spam each Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Best buys and Future Shops with our phone calls.
    09-23-10 11:02 AM
    just called local Telus in Etobicoke, lady who picked up said Oct 1st
    09-23-10 11:25 AM
    Hello all. This is going to be my first BB. A heads up though, Best Buy Mobile said they'll have the device "sometime" next week, any carrier, and Best Buy Oakville flat out said Oct 1st. They'd received emails from Management supposedly.
    09-23-10 11:49 AM
    This phone better be out tomorrow. I'm sick of my phone always crashing I need a new one!
    Dannyd534 likes this.
    09-23-10 11:56 AM
    I just called my rogers store, she said shes supposed to get the torch tomorrow but they haven't had time to check if they received the shipment, sounded like it was busy in there... but she told me to call back tonight after they have time to see if they got the shipment or tomorrow morning around 11:30-12... Which makes me wonder if I should be there for when the store opens haha
    09-23-10 12:04 PM
    wireless wave said they will be getting it tomorrow and it will probably get in around noon
    09-23-10 12:06 PM
    Called the Rogers store I deal with and they said they just received a bulletin advising they won't be receiving the Torch until September 30.
    09-23-10 12:14 PM
    I just played with a Bell dummy unit at Future Shop LaSalle (Montreal). Didn't see a Rogers or Telus version. Though in all cases, rep said delayed until Oct 1! Hope she is wrong.

Rep at the local Telus store said tomorrow or Monday.

09-23-10 12:14 PM
    all i want to know is... are the stores going to have it tomorrow at opening.. so i don't waste my time waiting for it to open and going to work late.

i can wait till monday, but i just want to know so i don't waste my time! is that too much to ask?
    09-23-10 12:17 PM
    Still less than the $699 the Tour Launched as!! that Killed me 780! after taxes but I do like my Tour
    09-23-10 12:19 PM
    all i want to know is... are the stores going to have it tomorrow at opening
    If I were a betting man, I would say, NO.
    09-23-10 12:21 PM
    all i want to know is... are the stores going to have it tomorrow at opening.. so i don't waste my time waiting for it to open and going to work late.

i can wait till monday, but i just want to know so i don't waste my time! is that too much to ask?

Call your Store and ask them what their new phone delivery schedule is.

IF they get deliveries on Thursdays, There is a good chance they will have the phone at opening tomorrow, IF they don't get deliveries until Monday, Tues Wed, then wait till next week, if they Say Friday, I would go after lunch to the Store, or in on Monday.
    09-23-10 12:21 PM
    Hmm, just reading this week's flyer for The Source. They are advertising the Bell Torch for 199.95 for 3yr contract and 599.95 off contract. I think we knew the pricing already, but just confirming. Anyways, first ad I have seen for the Torch so far.

09-23-10 12:22 PM
    I just calledmy local Ottawa-soth bestbuy, ans I asked if I should go to pick my pre-paid torch tomorrow morning, and she told me to call at 10 am tomorrow ,they have not receive any torch as yet !!!

F@#& !!!
    09-23-10 12:26 PM
    Hmm, just reading this week's flyer for The Source. They are advertising the Bell Torch for 199.95 for 3yr contract and 599.95 off contract. I think we knew the pricing already, but just confirming. Anyways, first ad I have seen for the Torch so far.

Guys, remember one thing. The fact that the torch is advertised in a flyer doesnt mean its going to be in the stores. Say you got the flyer today, it means that it was sent to the delivery boys last night so they'd get it tomorrow. count 1 day to print, one day for graphic art work before and 1 day for data entry at least. This proves that last monday they THOUGHT they would have it by this friday. And that is without counting that NORMALLY, these flyers are planned weeks in advance, though they obviously modify those plans depending on new products and such.
    09-23-10 12:30 PM
    anyone know what the torch will come with for rogers? will i have to order my own holster?
    09-23-10 12:31 PM
    anyone know what the torch will come with for rogers? will i have to order my own holster?
    Ya it comes with just a pouch with rogers. no holster.
    09-23-10 12:32 PM
    Ya it comes with just a pouch with rogers. no holster.
    Wait what?! When was this announced?

I know AT&T customers got nothing, will Canadian's get something?
    09-23-10 12:34 PM
1,372 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD