Because we can't be bothered - and are gluttons for punishment!!
    09-23-10 12:36 AM
    So this is what I heard. Yes another rumor such a surprise!

Rogers stores WILL be getting it on the 24th but not all of them. Only the ones that have there deliveries on Fridays (highest traffic stores) will be getting the phone on the 24th. The rest should get them on the 27th (Monday).
    Dannyd534 likes this.
    09-23-10 01:16 AM
    I called Rogers BB tech support yesterday because my Bold 9000 keeps crashing no matter what OS i'm using, i'm thinking its a battery issue and the tech guy said the same thing. So I asked him if I should buy a new battery and see if the battery would be the cause. He couldn't give me an honest answer, but then said if I could wait 2 more days, the Torch would be out. He didn't say anything about where to go or when on Friday, but he did say if I wanted to buy a new bb, to wait for the Torch for 2 days.

So the internals are saying its going to be ready for Friday in stores. So fingers crossed that its out fully
    09-23-10 06:01 AM
    Whats the deal with everyone wanting to get there phones from Best Buy?

And to all these rumors.. until I see an official delay date from Rogers then IMO its still the 24th.
    Best Buy/ Future Shop often give free Gift cards with purchases of phones or other perks you don't get from the Carrier stores.

Or like myself, I rack up about $750 in reward futureshop dollars through traveling, if I can buy my phone at Futureshop I'm not even using "real" money.

I'm having a HUGE internal debate right now. I travel to North Western Ontario regularly, Rogers is selling ALL of their 807 numbers, and as far as I can tell you can still get a Rogers 807 number. when TbayTel takes over the 807 Numbers you'll have 30 days to pay $35 contract cancellation if you do not like the TbayTel service. so theoretically I can get a Torch on a 3 year term from Rogers in October, then in November after the Selloff/buy out, pay $35 and have a contract free torch to unlock and use as I see fit..
    09-23-10 06:14 AM
    1 day
    26 hours
    1562 minutes
    93723 seconds

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 07:00 AM
    1 day
    26 hours
    1562 minutes
    93723 seconds

Not that you're counting or anything.
    09-23-10 07:11 AM
    I'm having a HUGE internal debate right now. I travel to North Western Ontario regularly, Rogers is selling ALL of their 807 numbers, and as far as I can tell you can still get a Rogers 807 number. when TbayTel takes over the 807 Numbers you'll have 30 days to pay $35 contract cancellation if you do not like the TbayTel service. so theoretically I can get a Torch on a 3 year term from Rogers in October, then in November after the Selloff/buy out, pay $35 and have a contract free torch to unlock and use as I see fit..
    Oh boy....that does make an interesting dilemma....
    09-23-10 07:14 AM
    Not that you're counting or anything.
    Oh not at all! That would just be silly :P

09-23-10 07:22 AM
    ....i've got a feeling im going to be going to a rogers store and buy this out right unlock it and put it on bell. if rogers launches this on the 24 and bell is the only one that doesn't...watch flop for bell.
    09-23-10 07:26 AM
    Oh not at all! That would just be silly :P

Yeah, we wouldn't want to miss out on the launch day.
    09-23-10 07:26 AM
    does anyone know if best buy has demo torches?
    09-23-10 07:31 AM
    i do get a kick out cell phone carriers....just contacted bell regarding a one bill question - asked about torch release date- sept 24...lmao....right hand dont know the left hand...
    09-23-10 07:37 AM
    does anyone know if best buy has demo torches?
    Maybe today they might have, but yesterday and the day before in scarborugh they didn't
    09-23-10 07:39 AM
    I am going to be downtown at 7:00am if the store that opens at 7:30 doesn't have any I am going to go straight to yonge and dundas to wait infront of the door till 10!

in the voice of the HTC VS iphone 4 video

"I DON'T CARE"
    "TORCH"
    "IT HAS A SLIDE OUT KEYBOARD AND THE WIFIS"
    "I DON'T CARE"

I Am going to wait infront of the door
    09-23-10 07:40 AM
    I am going to be downtown at 7:00am if the store that opens at 7:30 doesn't have any I am going to go straight to yonge and dundas to wait infront of the door till 10!

in the voice of the HTC VS iphone 4 video

"I DON'T CARE"
    "TORCH"
    "IT HAS A SLIDE OUT KEYBOARD AND THE WIFIS"
    "I DON'T CARE"

I Am going to wait infront of the door
    hahahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAH EVIL ! im gonna slap someone at best buy
    09-23-10 07:43 AM
    hahahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAH EVIL ! im gonna slap someone at best buy
    and if they don't have it we should plow through the store and run!
    09-23-10 07:47 AM
    and if they don't have it we should plow through the store and run!
    I've always wanted to do that. hahahahahaha Just start knocking things down lol
    09-23-10 08:02 AM
    Oh boy....that does make an interesting dilemma....
    I'm really searching to make sure I don't get trapped with an 807 number though!
    09-23-10 08:25 AM
    I just called a Rogers store and they indicated that the Torch is delayed until the 27th. Can someone else confirm this?
    09-23-10 08:31 AM
    I just called a Rogers store and they indicated that the Torch is delayed until the 27th. Can someone else confirm this?
    your gonna get mixed reviews...

i called two stores and they both said they are getting it tomorrow..

so who knows till tomorrow
    09-23-10 08:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure its still tomorroww, its just a matter of when each store gets their shipment..

09-23-10 08:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure its still tomorroww, its just a matter of when each store gets their shipment..

^
    This....
    09-23-10 08:49 AM
    09-23-10 09:19 AM
    Yea..that was yesterdays old news

09-23-10 09:27 AM
    I managed to get my hands on one of those dummy phones last sunday at the best buy mobile store in vaughan mills mall (vaughan, ontario). I know you can't really get that much info from a dummy unit, but I got to check out the look, slide mechanism, tried to find play in the screen/ slider (there was none), and checked out the keyboard. I'm typing this on my 9000 keyboard and I am really gonna miss it when I get the torch....

Btw, FIRST POST! I've been a cb.com addict since I first heard about the torch and finally joined and posted

09-23-10 09:36 AM
1,372 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD