Wow... anything to get you off the phone eh.

I think we all (Torontonians ?) should go to the flagship store (Across from Eaton Centre) to get our phone Friday Morning. If they don't have it (like they told us when we gave them the money) they we ask for some compensation for wasting our time. Best Buy, and carriers should of been WAY more organized... Telling us that they want to do a last minute "update to the OS" is no excuse. Its been a month since this confirmed date of Sept 24th. There should be no change. Period.

(Feel better with all that typed out lol. Still doesn't solve anything though)
    Its DUMB ! she was like well I wouldnt know because im just here with other p/timers. I threw everything at her and she was like well ... blah blah .. well blah blah i dunno. I even describe who I was tlaking to and even the person who wrote there name down. Then she said call the manager tomorrow. and she said we haven't even gotten any in yet. Blah blah blah
    09-22-10 09:27 PM
    This whole thing is just way outta hand now! i dont think they realize how pissed off people are getting over a simple confirmed release date of a much anticipated phone!
    09-22-10 09:34 PM
    09-22-10 09:47 PM

See. At least Bell is sort of giving customers an idea when the phone will be out. Telus needs to speak up! I need to know or Rogers will get my money for the next 3 years.
    09-22-10 09:50 PM
    No way! This is way to much for me! Thanks crackberry for letting us talk, and communicate. But this is crazy, i have to call it a night, or I'm gonna go crazy! Good night my canadian friends. Stay strong lol!
    09-22-10 09:53 PM
    Should I pre-order at Futureshop tomorrow?

$30 car charger would be sweet, and I could nag the crap out of them asking where the heck is my phone!
    09-22-10 09:57 PM
    Here's the deal people:
    Rogers Plus (corporate stores) are going to receive the Torch first - not saying Best Buy or Wireless Wave aren't getting it Friday, just saying your best bet is your nearest Rogers Plus.

Next, different stores have different delivery schedules. A flagship store like Eaton Centre/Dundas Square might get shipments every day or 3 times a week. While a store in North Toronto, might only get two deliveries a week.

The Torch's are in the supply chain, how long it takes them to get to your nearest retailer of choice (be it Rogers Plus, Best Buy etc.) depends on that specific stores delivery schedule. Store's that get usual deliveries on Fridays should be seeing Torch's tomorrow. Stores that don't will probably have to wait until Monday.

Rogers isn't going to put the Torches on UPS trucks for 9 am delivery to every single storeand forgo their logistics infrastructure. Every store knows they are going to get it at a different time, depending on their usual delivery schedule, which is why there is so much confusion in this thread.
    09-22-10 10:02 PM
    nahhhhhhhhh say all they want...
    09-22-10 10:02 PM
    gelzz, u still goin to check it out on friday?
    09-22-10 10:04 PM
    I don't buy this garbage. It'll be avail in Roger plus toronto and gta stores Friday. Nuff said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 10:06 PM
    yea
    ill check it to play with it if it's on display. ill probably slap someone at best buy in ajax lol.

and maybe ill check future shop or nearst Telus store.

u ?? Pin me dude
    09-22-10 10:07 PM
    Here's the deal people:
    Rogers Plus (corporate stores) are going to receive the Torch first - not saying Best Buy or Wireless Wave aren't getting it Friday, just saying your best bet is your nearest Rogers Plus.

Next, different stores have different delivery schedules. A flagship store like Eaton Centre/Dundas Square might get shipments every day or 3 times a week. While a store in North Toronto, might only get two deliveries a week.

The Torch's are in the supply chain, how long it takes them to get to your nearest retailer of choice (be it Rogers Plus, Best Buy etc.) depends on that specific stores delivery schedule. Store's that get usual deliveries on Fridays should be seeing Torch's tomorrow. Stores that don't will probably have to wait until Monday.

Rogers isn't going to put the Torches on UPS trucks for 9 am delivery to every single storeand forgo their logistics infrastructure. Every store knows they are going to get it at a different time, depending on their usual delivery schedule, which is why there is so much confusion in this thread.
    Makes sense!!
    09-22-10 10:10 PM
    I see a 'Canadian stores BB Torch availability update' thread in the near future.
    09-22-10 10:11 PM
    yeah ill check it out. see if they even have one they wanna give me and maybe get a bit rowdy a bestbuy.
    09-22-10 10:13 PM
    Is anyone else pretty much going crazy at this point? I can't deal with weeks of this waiting and wondering anymore. If this isn't dealt with by Friday (for all carriers, not just Rogers which is the most predictable right now) I'm going to lose my mind. It's actually hard to concentrate on my school and teaching right now.lol. I really need the phone Friday.
    The Torch will be my first Blackberry, and I'm going crazy waiting!

Thinking that I would try to reserve a Torch for Friday, I went to a Rogers near my university (I teach, too) right at 10:00 am today, but one of the clerks came outside to tell me that their system was down and that they weren't going to open until 10:30.

By the way, I teach in an e-classroom, and unbeknownst to my students, I have been checking the forums here on Crackberry a little too regularly to keep tabs on whether the Torch is going to be available on the 24th or not.

So I hear ya on the concentrating at work thing!
    09-22-10 10:25 PM
    The Torch will be my first Blackberry, and I'm going crazy waiting!

Thinking that I would try to reserve a Torch for Friday, I went to a Rogers near my university (I teach, too) right at 10:00 am today, but one of the clerks came outside to tell me that their system was down and that they weren't going to open until 10:30.

By the way, I teach in an e-classroom, and unbeknownst to my students, I have been checking the forums here on Crackberry a little too regularly to keep tabs on whether the Torch is going to be available on the 24th or not.

So I hear ya on the concentrating at work thing!
    Haha..slacker..get back to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 10:53 PM
    I'd love it if every one could agree to wait at least a coulpe days to make RIM sweat about release sale just because they are a Canadian company who released exclusively in the USA first.

I'm gonna play with it and wait on the improved version of it that RIM will put out in short order
    09-22-10 11:09 PM
    09-22-10 11:25 PM
    I have word of a store in the GTA that is 99% confirmed for a shipment ready for friday and if it pans out, friday morning once the doors open and I secure a unit, ill definately run onto CB and let you all know its available

Sorry, every man woman and child for themselves
    09-22-10 11:34 PM
    Already posted by Gelzz on previous page! Man, that sucks if it's true
    09-22-10 11:37 PM
    Posts are coming fast and furious! Sorry for missing Gelzz's post! <blush> :P
    I wish you all good luck sleeping tonight; and tomorrow night! Ha!
    09-22-10 11:44 PM
    Posts are coming fast and furious! Sorry for missing Gelzz's post! <blush> :P
    I wish you all good luck sleeping tonight; and tomorrow night! Ha!
    wide awake...need a pill
    09-22-10 11:46 PM
    Torch cases have shown up on Best Buy's site...
    09-22-10 11:58 PM
    Whats the deal with everyone wanting to get there phones from Best Buy?

And to all these rumors.. until I see an official delay date from Rogers then IMO its still the 24th.
    09-23-10 12:20 AM
    Why don't you guys just buy one from AT&T in the states so you can have it right away! Do what I did & use your upgrade to get 32GB iphone, sell it on Craigslist for $800.00 to pay for your Torch. I've been enjoying my Torch since launch day and it works perfectly on Rogers... my friend did the same thing but he is on Telus which is also working perfectly!
    09-23-10 12:33 AM
1,372 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD