Well, I just got the FutureShop and BestBuy fliers(flyers?) for this week and they both have the Torch in it. No mention of 'coming soon'... just 'new'.

I think we will be okay for Friday...

And it states for Rogers, Bell and Telus...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What city is it for?
    09-22-10 07:46 PM
    Stopped by at a rogers plus store after work cause its 5 mins from my house (even tho I'm pretty confident rogers is gonna release the torch this friday) and asked the rep if the release of the torch was still on for friday, she CONFIRMED IT!!! with NO HESITATION!!! she seemed excited and couldnt wait either!! boy did i feel releved.
    09-22-10 07:48 PM
    Stopped by at a rogers plus store after work cause its 5 mins from my house (even tho I'm pretty confident rogers is gonna release the torch this friday) and asked the rep if the release of the torch was still on for friday, she CONFIRMED IT!!! with NO HESITATION!!! she seemed excited and couldnt wait either!! boy did i feel releved.
    Whoo!! Finally some positive info!! Thanks!!!

Did she offer any more info? Will they be available first thing, will there be sufficient amount?
    09-22-10 07:50 PM
    What city is it for?
    Ottawa.....
    09-22-10 07:53 PM
    Just for fun I went over to BestBuy.ca and searched for "Torch". I didn't find the phone but I found four accessories. I checked In-Store availability for the OEM Holster and all stores in my area have stock. It doesn't confirm a release on Friday but they're certainly getting ready.
    09-22-10 07:53 PM
    Super, super jealous of all the Rogers users..But happy for you all too! At least you've got some good vibes going. Us Telus users aren't looking too good!
    09-22-10 07:54 PM
    What's going on with Bestbuy Gelzz?
    i called to double check if I could buy out phone out. The rep told me that I cannot.
    I was like huh that's what I was told by when I made my deposit. Shes like what deposit. I said the pre order for The Blackberry Torch 9800, You know the 50 dollar deposit to put a name for one.
    She's like Oh, well from what I know you can't buy out, you need to renew your contra ... that's when I cut her off and said well that's not I was told when I made the deposit, I made sure and asked the questions before I made the deposit, and I was assured that it was ok wether or not your an existing or new customer.
    The she goes by saying well on the website it states only for New Customers. I said Double check that because there's nothing on the Ad ! So how can you say that to me.
    She's like, hold on ... pause .. then she goes well I don't know just call back tomorrow and speak to the Manager.

I was like ahhhh Ok. I will do that.
    09-22-10 07:55 PM
    Well, I just got the FutureShop and BestBuy fliers(flyers?) for this week and they both have the Torch in it. No mention of 'coming soon'... just 'new'.

I think we will be okay for Friday...

And it states for Rogers, Bell and Telus...

Sorry... in case any one wants to see the ad... photos attached.
    Last edited by Fr3lncr; 09-22-10 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-22-10 07:56 PM
    Compared to the US launch where the date was confirmed and known to everyone, AT&T stores had live units a week in advance and were fully stocked on the day of the release... I think I speak for most everyone here saying the Canadian carriers (except maybe for Rogers) get an F for communication. We are 36 hours away from expected release and I wouldn't bet a dollar that the Torch will be available on Friday. Pretty sad, really.
    09-22-10 07:58 PM
    Sorry... in case any one wants to see the ad... photos attached.
    Thanks for the pics! And your right, you wouldn't think they'd say NEW if it was not coming till next flyer circulation...
    09-22-10 07:59 PM
    Compared to the US launch where the date was confirmed and known to everyone, AT&T stores had live units a week in advance and were fully stocked on the day of the release... I think I speak for most everyone here saying the Canadian carriers (except maybe for Rogers) get an F for communication. We are 36 hours away from expected release and I wouldn't bet a dollar that the Torch will be available on Friday. Pretty sad, really.
    It really is disgusting isn't it..
    09-22-10 08:00 PM
    Whoo!! Finally some positive info!! Thanks!!!

Did she offer any more info? Will they be available first thing, will there be sufficient amount?
    Didnt bother asking, just wanted to know what i needed and thats it. To be honest dude i wouldnt worry to much im sure theyll be enough to go around. this aint no iphone.

Super, super jealous of all the Rogers users..But happy for you all too! At least you've got some good vibes going. Us Telus users aren't looking too good!
    Dont sweat it dude!!! well all eventually be holding a torch sooner or later. but if it bugs you can always switch to rogers!! lol
    09-22-10 08:02 PM
    100% agree.. I know we're not the normal population here and they don't have the masses waiting for word, but at the end of the day, it's not right!
    09-22-10 08:03 PM
    Didnt bother asking, just wanted to know what i needed and thats it. To be honest dude i wouldnt worry to much im sure theyll be enough to go around. this aint no iphone.
    I've tried to keep that idea about it, "this ain't no apple launch" but it would just burn me to no end if it does in fact launch Friday and I'm not able to get my hands on one! I'm sure you understand.
    09-22-10 08:04 PM
    Using the WebID codes for Futureshop.ca in the ad posted by Fr3Incr (thanks!) brings up the phones. They are not for sale online and you cannot check for store availability. However, the pre-order text does say: "your new BlackBerry Torch will be ready to pick up starting Sept. 24".
    09-22-10 08:08 PM
    I've tried to keep that idea about it, "this ain't no apple launch" but it would just burn me to no end if it does in fact launch Friday and I'm not able to get my hands on one! I'm sure you understand.
    Ya totally understand. But now we can go everyday to a rogers store and see if they have them in stock. lol
    09-22-10 08:10 PM
    Using the WebID codes for Futureshop.ca in the ad posted by Fr3Incr (thanks!) brings up the phones. They are not for sale online and you cannot check for store availability. However, the pre-order text does say: "your new BlackBerry Torch will be ready to pick up starting Sept. 24".
    Okay, I just checked that out... all the Torch webIDs have been removed from the site.....
    09-22-10 08:11 PM
    this is BS i just wish they would get their act together and say it is availible this date either this friday or next
    i am sick of all the maybe this maybe that ****
    09-22-10 08:11 PM
    Ya totally understand. But now we can go everyday to a rogers store and see if they have them in stock. lol
    This is true!
    09-22-10 08:12 PM
    Okay, I just checked that out... all the Torch webIDs have been removed from the site.....
    Works for me:

Telus BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone - Pre-order Deposit - Future Shop
    09-22-10 08:21 PM
    So I called.. Again. Right away I asked to be transfered to customer relations..He pulled up my file right away and told me to hold while he was talking to his supervisor, they had notes on the computer from the past phone calls. Anyways his supervisor told me he can't tell me yes or no till the day its released... Then told me to go to rogers when they open and get them to call customer service. Aaahh

09-22-10 08:42 PM
    i called to double check if I could buy out phone out. The rep told me that I cannot.
    I was like huh that's what I was told by when I made my deposit. Shes like what deposit. I said the pre order for The Blackberry Torch 9800, You know the 50 dollar deposit to put a name for one.
    She's like Oh, well from what I know you can't buy out, you need to renew your contra ... that's when I cut her off and said well that's not I was told when I made the deposit, I made sure and asked the questions before I made the deposit, and I was assured that it was ok wether or not your an existing or new customer.
    The she goes by saying well on the website it states only for New Customers. I said Double check that because there's nothing on the Ad ! So how can you say that to me.
    She's like, hold on ... pause .. then she goes well I don't know just call back tomorrow and speak to the Manager.

I was like ahhhh Ok. I will do that.
    Wow... anything to get you off the phone eh.

I think we all (Torontonians ?) should go to the flagship store (Across from Eaton Centre) to get our phone Friday Morning. If they don't have it (like they told us when we gave them the money) they we ask for some compensation for wasting our time. Best Buy, and carriers should of been WAY more organized... Telling us that they want to do a last minute "update to the OS" is no excuse. Its been a month since this confirmed date of Sept 24th. There should be no change. Period.

(Feel better with all that typed out lol. Still doesn't solve anything though)
    09-22-10 08:49 PM
    Amen my friend. Couldn't say it any better myself.
    09-22-10 08:55 PM
    So I called.. Again. Right away I asked to be transfered to customer relations..He pulled up my file right away and told me to hold while he was talking to his supervisor, they had notes on the computer from the past phone calls. Anyways his supervisor told me he can't tell me yes or no till the day its released... Then told me to go to rogers when they open and get them to call customer service. Aaahh

Ridiculous eh. No one knows. Its crazy!
    09-22-10 08:59 PM
    Alls I know is if I go into Best Buy and they don't have the Torch..whoevers working there better hope they don't have red hair or ima get EMO on their ***

09-22-10 09:20 PM
1,372 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD