Bell made a deal with Virgin when Virgin arrived here. Bell is Virgin in Canada. Virgin operates on the Bell network.
    09-22-10 03:44 PM
    Bell made a deal with Virgin when Virgin arrived here. Bell is Virgin in Canada. Virgin operates on the Bell network.
    Oh true just in Canada thats right sorry I forgot.
    09-22-10 03:49 PM
    Virgin is Bell? I thought Virgin was its own company. Owned by Virgin Records?
    nah, same relationship as koodo and telus
    09-22-10 03:54 PM
    Got a Picture?
    Here is a picture of the ad
    09-22-10 04:02 PM
    Here is a picture of the ad
    HA! If they don't release the phone on the 24th like the ad say's I say you call and complain about false advertisement maybe get a free phone out of it Save that ad it might do you some good.
    09-22-10 04:05 PM
    Just called the franchised Telus dealer where I used to work. They told me they can't even order it yet... I have a hard time seeing how they could get it by Friday...
    09-22-10 05:12 PM
    Just got a call from BestBuy Mobile where I've pre-ordered the phone with Telus and they said it's delayed til Oct 1st .
    09-22-10 05:25 PM
    Just called the franchised Telus dealer where I used to work. They told me they can't even order it yet... I have a hard time seeing how they could get it by Friday...
    Seems like it may only be corporate stores receiving inventory for Friday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 05:26 PM
    Seems like it may only be corporate stores receiving inventory for Friday

So does BEST BUY count as third party? Or do they have some special connection with inventory people (forgive my lack of better terms)
    09-22-10 05:39 PM
    Hate to say it but my contact said no go for Telus Friday

09-22-10 05:41 PM
    So does BEST BUY count as third party? Or do they have some special connection with inventory people (forgive my lack of better terms)
    You would think they would have special consideration, and they very well may. I'm just going by information I recieved today, bestbuy telling me they will not have it on Friday, yet a Rogers plus store across the street telling me they will.

09-22-10 05:42 PM
    Wow..i can't believe this thread is now pushing 50 pages..and still no definitive answers..everything's still all heresay and speculation. I for one will just be calling Telus stores and Best Buy on Friday and seeing what they have to say. IF i'm told that things are delayed til Oct 1, i will probably find the nearest ginger kid, punch him, and then proceed to feel better.
    09-22-10 05:44 PM
    @ RICKROLLER

Punch that GINGER out BECTCH!!!
    09-22-10 05:53 PM
    Wow..i can't believe this thread is now pushing 50 pages..and still no definitive answers..everything's still all heresay and speculation. I for one will just be calling Telus stores and Best Buy on Friday and seeing what they have to say. IF i'm told that things are delayed til Oct 1, i will probably find the nearest ginger kid, punch him, and then proceed to feel better.
    I know still no answers.... but whats crazy is that... the big people on top taking care of all this doesn't know anything either. Many people are saying that managers at best buy or corporate stores don't even know. Even people with connections with Rim doesn't know. Its insane!

And on friday I'll be doing the same except I'm going to best buy thursday night, followed by friday morning and if they don't have it i'm going to check telus. If not then, we wait til Oct 1?
    09-22-10 05:56 PM
    I work for Best Buy mobile and we were updated yesterday as to the torch release date situation.

"The launch of the Blackberry Torch 9800 smartphone has been delayed and is no longer scheduled for September 24. The tentative launch date is about a week after the original date(early october)"
    09-22-10 06:00 PM
    My Telus representative said the first Friday of October is an approximate date their setting. I want mine on Friday! >:-(
    09-22-10 06:30 PM
    My Telus representative said the first Friday of October is an approximate date their setting. I want mine on Friday! >:-(
    First Friday of October = October 1st. Lines up with Bell's timeline...
    09-22-10 06:41 PM
    Looks like Rogers will be the sole provider of the torch, for a week at least.

09-22-10 06:43 PM
    First Friday of October = October 1st. Lines up with Bell's timeline...
    My bad. Realized September doesn't have 31 days...
    09-22-10 07:00 PM
    Reward Zone - Best Buy Canada

But I just think they forgot to change it, because they changed the one on the main part of the website
    09-22-10 07:07 PM
    Reward Zone - Best Buy Canada

But I just think they forgot to change it, because they changed the one on the main part of the website
    HAHAHAH SUCKA !! Imma argu ! I jus put one of the reps on the phone to shame.

p.s. imma BETCH about this one tomorrow too !!!
    09-22-10 07:24 PM
    I've tried to remain optimistic all this time but I'm losing faith. And am pretty bitter about it. Think I'm gonna take Ricks advice and go drill a ging..
    09-22-10 07:31 PM
    I've tried to remain optimistic all this time but I'm losing faith. And am pretty bitter about it. Think I'm gonna take Ricks advice and go drill a ging..
    i TOTALLY agree with you on this one Mikey. Imma Slap someone soon @ Bestbuy
    09-22-10 07:36 PM
    What's going on with Bestbuy Gelzz?
    09-22-10 07:37 PM
    Well, I just got the FutureShop and BestBuy fliers(flyers?) for this week and they both have the Torch in it. No mention of 'coming soon'... just 'new'.

I think we will be okay for Friday...

And it states for Rogers, Bell and Telus...

09-22-10 07:45 PM
1,372 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD