called 4 locations today...all said the same. no torch until oct 1....maybe its time i leap to a new carrier
    09-22-10 02:37 PM
    called 4 locations today...all said the same. no torch until oct 1....maybe its time i leap to a new carrier
    what carrier are u with now?
    09-22-10 02:38 PM
    September 1st..
    Ouch! That long?? Well it look all good for Rogers customers then...

So at best buy how does the shipments work? If 1 or 2 carriers are pushing through for friday will they carry those carriers phone? Like does each carrier ship to bestbuy seperately?
    09-22-10 02:42 PM
    what carrier are u with now?
    bell ...shoulda made that clear lol
    09-22-10 02:44 PM
    bell ...shoulda made that clear lol
    well we won;t know till friday! : > so don't go leaving now! hehe
    09-22-10 02:45 PM
    Ouch! That long?? Well it look all good for Rogers customers then...

So at best buy how does the shipments work? If 1 or 2 carriers are pushing through for friday will they carry those carriers phone? Like does each carrier ship to bestbuy seperately?
    I would think so... anyone else have insight into this?
    09-22-10 02:47 PM
    i wonder why Stores don't have the product at open on launch day?! i called 4 stores and all of them said that they probably won't get shipment till later during the day!?
    09-22-10 02:47 PM
    I would think so... anyone else have insight into this?
    i wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy doesn't get it on oct 1st for all carriers! but for everyone's sake i hope that's not true
    09-22-10 02:48 PM
    i wonder why Stores don't have the product at open on launch day?! i called 4 stores and all of them said that they probably won't get shipment till later during the day!?
    I believe they are doing what any good employee should do. (Cover their employers and their own ***)

If they were to tell you yeah sure come in first thing and guess what... the truck making the delivery broke down.. well now they're in a situation were they told you one thing, you showed up at the store and now they're red faced with no device for you..

I personally would understand, but there are the few out there that would throw a ******* fit!

Typically the store would like them in the day before, it's just good business practice... but who the **** knows.....
    09-22-10 02:52 PM
    i wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy doesn't get it on oct 1st for all carriers! but for everyone's sake i hope that's not true
    I think Rogers will get it friday.
    Telus - just changed the 24th to "coming soon" like 2 days ago ... So it doesnt look to good
    Bell- Wont get it til Oct. 1
    Virgin - haha I think this is the first time mentioning it on the forum.. so ppl probably dont care.

Place your bets...

Also BESTBUY changed their 24th to "coming soon" as well
    09-22-10 02:54 PM
    bestbuy said that all torches will be released october 1....
    09-22-10 02:54 PM
    Where, where was this said?
    Last edited by Madseno; 09-22-10 at 02:58 PM.
    09-22-10 02:55 PM
    That's funny..cuz mine still told me Friday..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 02:57 PM
    Ya to bad Best buy staff doesn't know anything. When I went to give my deposit the guy didnt even know that the store was doing that. and that was just last week... We atleast know that one source NOT to consider is Bestbuy people
    09-22-10 03:03 PM
    Ya to bad Best buy staff doesn't know anything. When I went to give my deposit the guy didnt even know that the store was doing that. and that was just last week... We atleast know that one source NOT to consider is Bestbuy people
    Okay I just did a little test...

I spoke to my Best Buy, they said official word from RIM is all carriers delayed... I then immediately called the Rogers Plus which is directly across the street... the guy told me at the moment none have come in but they are expecting to sell them Friday morning, first come first serve...

Now it's either Best Buy is seriously misinformed (Very possible) or it could be that only Roger's Plus stores are getting the initial shipment.. just throwing it out there...?
    09-22-10 03:06 PM
    Okay I just did a little test...

I spoke to my Best Buy, they said official word from RIM is all carriers delayed... I then immediately called the Rogers Plus which is directly across the street... the guy told me at the moment none have come in but they are expecting to sell them Friday morning, first come first serve...

Now it's either Best Buy is seriously misinformed (Very possible) or it could be that only Roger's Plus stores are getting the initial shipment.. just throwing it out there...?
    I would think Rogers ships to there own stores before the ship to third party retailers.

Also its so hard to keep up on this thread geeze! It grows like 3 pages an hour!
    09-22-10 03:07 PM
    I would think Rogers ships to there own stores before the ship to third party retailers.

Also its so hard to keep up on this thread geeze! It grows like 3 pages an hour!
    I agree, well looks like its a stake out Friday morning...
    09-22-10 03:11 PM
    I agree, well looks like its a stake out Friday morning...
    Already called into work and told them ill be "sick" Friday haha
    09-22-10 03:15 PM
    Already called into work and told them ill be "sick" Friday haha
    Haha! What time are you beginning your stake out?
    09-22-10 03:16 PM
    lol I took short lunches this week so I can take some time off friday and still get paid =P and I might not even get the phone HAHAHAHA
    09-22-10 03:19 PM
    Haha! What time are you beginning your stake out?
    Well I know the manager of the Rogers store in a mall so I'll be going there. Opens at 10 am. My kid want this phone aswell. Maybe I'll bring him too. He can sit at the store while I'm go karting for 2 hours haha.

Probably an hour or two before. How about you?
    09-22-10 03:23 PM
    Well I know the manager of the Rogers store in a mall so I'll be going there. Opens at 10 am. My kid want this phone aswell. Maybe I'll bring him too. He can sit at the store while I'm go karting for 2 hours haha.

Probably an hour or two before. How about you?
    Wow! I was thinking like 45 minutes! I maybe have to step my time up !!

09-22-10 03:31 PM
    Wow! I was thinking like 45 minutes! I maybe have to step my time up !!

Haha yeah 45 min sounds about right. I just want to go kart. I got this one month season pass as a gift from work. So I was thinking what better time to use it then a day off waiting at the mall for this phone :P
    09-22-10 03:33 PM
    I think Rogers will get it friday.
    Telus - just changed the 24th to "coming soon" like 2 days ago ... So it doesnt look to good
    Bell- Wont get it til Oct. 1
    Virgin - haha I think this is the first time mentioning it on the forum.. so ppl probably dont care.

Place your bets...

Also BESTBUY changed their 24th to "coming soon" as well
    Virgin is Bell, so if one is delayed I would expect the other to be as well...
    09-22-10 03:40 PM
    Virgin is Bell, so if one is delayed I would expect the other to be as well...
    Virgin is Bell? I thought Virgin was its own company. Owned by Virgin Records?
    09-22-10 03:41 PM
1,372 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD