I just talked to both Telus store and Best Buy to see if they're still planning on releasing Torch for 24th (This is in Alberta keep in mind). Both said yes that the planned date is the 24th, and the chick at Best Buy said they'll be selling them Friday but she wasn't sure what time the shipment came in.

So barring anything unforseen I'm feeling pretty confident that these things will be in store Friday...although i'll definately be confirming Friday morning before I make a 3-4 hr roundtrip lol.
    09-22-10 11:51 AM
    guys just called four different rogers stores in Toronto area , and they all told me that the torch is delayed until beginning of October.. i also called futureshop where i pre-ordered my torch from , and they also told me that its delayed on all carriers. can anyone confirm this ?
    09-22-10 11:54 AM
    yea true i wouldn't mind still

jus pin me
    haha cool ; >

PS.. i;m not a female!

hahahahahaa jk
    09-22-10 11:55 AM
    Is anyone else pretty much going crazy at this point? I can't deal with weeks of this waiting and wondering anymore. If this isn't dealt with by Friday (for all carriers, not just Rogers which is the most predictable right now) I'm going to lose my mind. It's actually hard to concentrate on my school and teaching right now.lol. I really need the phone Friday.
    09-22-10 12:05 PM
    Is anyone else pretty much going crazy at this point? I can't deal with weeks of this waiting and wondering anymore. If this isn't dealt with by Friday (for all carriers, not just Rogers which is the most predictable right now) I'm going to lose my mind. It's actually hard to concentrate on my school and teaching right now.lol. I really need the phone Friday.
    This is what we call a real BB addict (like all of us reading and commenting on this thread) :-)
    09-22-10 12:08 PM
    Is anyone else pretty much going crazy at this point? I can't deal with weeks of this waiting and wondering anymore. If this isn't dealt with by Friday (for all carriers, not just Rogers which is the most predictable right now)
    Ya, I think alot of us are drove crazy. I am at the point of almost holding my breath and biting my tongue. ha-ha. (too much back and forth news that makes for a roller coaster of emotions) But be patient, the one thing forsure is that we should know on Friday what is happening. Its only one day away.
    09-22-10 12:11 PM
    Lol.. Gotta love the conflicting reports!!
    I guess we'll know for sure on Friday. Clearly the carriers aren't going to tell us.
    09-22-10 12:13 PM
    guys just called four different rogers stores in Toronto area , and they all told me that the torch is delayed until beginning of October.. i also called futureshop where i pre-ordered my torch from , and they also told me that its delayed on all carriers. can anyone confirm this ?
    Rogers Miranda said yesterday that the 24th is the date.
    09-22-10 12:13 PM
    Sirk, I know there's a time difference in Alberta, but it's 2 days
    09-22-10 12:14 PM
    Is anyone else curious as to what build models are gonna be shipped out? I know when they bring out my Torch for me, i'm gonna be looking at the box to see if it's a Mexico 4 or 5 build, and if not, ask them to see if they have any. I can imagine they'll think i'm nuts, sending them to the back to look like it's a frickin pair of shoes. I wonder if it's gonna be a variety, or just a bunch from the same factory. This has gotten me really curious.
    09-22-10 12:14 PM
    Yeah its crazy to feel this way over a phone! But I am checking crackberry 100 times a day from my 9700 to see if the release date has been announced! I put my name on a preorder but you can get a lot more accurate information from this site!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 12:17 PM
    Yes, I am going a bit crazy, mainly because Bell won't give me the data plan I want after the 30th, and the Torch will be out a day after that. If the store is sold out, it could be days before I can get it, meaning I'd be without my cell phone until then.

As for the build, what's the difference?
    haha cool ; >

PS.. i;m not a female!

hahahahahaa jk
    hahahah that's ok no worrie slol
    Just went to my local Rogers store (Bowmanville, On) and asked if 24th is still on - she hadn't heard any different and checked the computer - no change yet, but she did say that they haven't received any phones yet - hope they get them soon!!! Oh, and by the way, she is dying for the Torch as well, so I'm sure she has been keeping up with any info.
    09-22-10 12:18 PM
    RogersMiranda says:
    September 21, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we’re still driving towards a Sept. 24 launch. If we have any news to communicate on timing, we’ll update the post to let you know.
    09-22-10 12:22 PM
    Yes, I am going a bit crazy, mainly because Bell won't give me the data plan I want after the 30th, and the Torch will be out a day after that. If the store is sold out, it could be days before I can get it, meaning I'd be without my cell phone until then.

As far as i've heard from other posters, the Mexico 4 and 5 builds seem to be the most solid of the ones released, without any of the "wiggle/waggle" issues or "clicking/clacking". Who know's, maybe the ones being released in Canada will be from a completely different factory, and be the best to date. One thing's for sure..i lived with a gimp Storm for 3 months where every letter i typed, i had to "shake" the phone to jiggle the screen in order to be able to type another letter lol (it looked like i had parkinsons typing on the thing..constantly typing and jiggling). If i can live with that, a little slider wiggle will not bother me in the least.
    09-22-10 12:29 PM
    Well, in my moment of optimistic thought, today is half over, tomorrow is Thursday, and then its FRIDAY!!!! (its my kid at Christmas logic. lol)

The nice thing is, by you being 2 hours ahead, I will know before the stores open here from what is happening down your way. Unfortunate thing is, I got sucked into working this weekend. grrrrr!
    09-22-10 12:30 PM
    Well, in my moment of optimistic thought, today is half over, tomorrow is Thursday, and then its FRIDAY!!!! (its my kid at Christmas logic. lol)

The nice thing is, by you being 2 hours ahead, I will know before the stores open here from what is happening down your way. Unfortunate thing is, I got sucked into working this weekend. grrrrr!
    What you are saying is....2 more sleeps, lol
    09-22-10 12:32 PM
    1 day, 20 hours, 25 minutes, 25 seconds, depending what time the store your going to opens. The Best Buy near me opens at 10am.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 12:36 PM
    Hahaha I like that thinking sirk! Nice count downs guys!
    09-22-10 12:40 PM
    I'm going crazy.

I just called Bell Retentions to get a better deal.

200 minutes
    Call display
    Message Centre
    call waiting
    3 way waiting
    6pm - 8am calling
    2500 outgoing texts/unlimited texts
    6GB

$57.95 + tax
    = $65

I said I need more data for when the Torch comes out.

I think it's expensive though
    09-22-10 12:48 PM
    Just called FutureShop in downtown Montreal. They said it's coming this friday (but I only asked for Telus).
    09-22-10 12:52 PM
    okay question. how many of you are willing to pay full price??
    09-22-10 12:55 PM
    This is totally Bullocks !!!

it's like im "not that excited" anymore lol ... I'll see what happends friday. *shakes fist*
    09-22-10 12:55 PM

Go before the 30th, get a different smartphone, then come back and return it claiming you dont like it and exchange it for a torch when its available
    09-22-10 12:59 PM
1,372 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD