i was talking to my friend again in RIM and he was also saying the only issue they have been having is not being able to keep up with the expected demand.

hardware and software are both solid

so we will see
    09-20-10 02:51 PM
    This is just really starting to **** me off... Now the IT guy is telling me that he thinks we may have to wait because he doesnt know if OS 6 will run on our current server... Just upgrade it you *(&? )%?$. I'm sick of waiting. I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW...
    Not happy, I am.
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering...
    09-20-10 03:13 PM
    FROM WHO!!! they lie!
    Haha.. Just some some posts on here.. Hoping we're still good to go!
    09-20-10 03:19 PM
    Haha.. Just some some posts on here.. Hoping we're still good to go!
    I hope so too!
    09-20-10 03:28 PM
    Well, for what it is worth, I preordered the torch at a bestbuy in ottawa today (for the bonus reward zone points) and the guy said he was told this morning it was being delayed a week... Hope he is wrong... Guess we'll all know Friday...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 03:31 PM
    Well, for what it is worth, I preordered the torch at a bestbuy in ottawa today (for the bonus reward zone points) and the guy said he was told this morning it was being delayed a week... Hope he is wrong... Guess we'll all know Friday...

What carrier are you on?
    09-20-10 03:32 PM
    Anyting new ????????
    09-20-10 03:34 PM

You are right, it is delayed a week... On Bell and Virgin!

I understand you're not making an official statement but those Best Buy folk are very odd... most didn't even know there was a pre order even after it had been on the website over a week.. I take what they say very suspiciously... and there is NO WAY Best Buy's employees would be told before it hit the Media Outlets....
    09-20-10 03:37 PM
    Lol..nope.. Now get back to work!
    09-20-10 03:38 PM
    nothing at all
    09-20-10 03:38 PM
    I just wanted to add something I was told by a Rogers CS today...

I had asked, is there any delay for the Torch... her response...

"Honestly, you'll probably know before any of us here know.. it hits the media well before any CS is even told about it"

Take it as it is...
    09-20-10 03:39 PM
    Lol..nope.. Now get back to work!
    In this case... NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!!
    09-20-10 03:39 PM
    just thinking maybe ill apply at best buy. My bosses will be amazed by my amazing knowledge! Actually, maybe ill try to get a plant hired... will probably be quicker to answer than their sales reps...
    09-20-10 03:46 PM
    Grrrrrr....All this Yes-No-Maybe so talk is frustrating and confusing. I gotta stop reading this thread, but I keep looking for a definate answer. LOL. I just wanna know when I need to show up at Telus with my money so I can have my phone. Its out there somewhere......just don't know when.

.....waiting patiently with my fingers crossed...... ~sigh~ (someone mentioned coffee, suppose I will have one while I wait)
    Last edited by sirk25; 09-20-10 at 03:57 PM.
    09-20-10 03:47 PM
    Grrrrrr....All this Yes-No-Maybe so talk is frustrating and confusing. I gotta stop reading this thread, but I keep looking for a definate answer. LOL. I just wanna know when I need to show up with Telus with my money so I can have my phone. Its out there somewhere......just don't know when.

.....waiting patiently with my fingers crossed...... ~sigh~ (someone mentioned coffee, suppose I will have one while I wait)
    Yup... for myself, i am not moving from this screen until i know whats going on. i refuse to leave... Ill stay here all night if i have to
    09-20-10 03:50 PM
    Grrrrrr....All this Yes-No-Maybe so talk is frustrating and confusing. I gotta stop reading this thread, but I keep looking for a definate answer. LOL. I just wanna know when I need to show up with Telus with my money so I can have my phone. Its out there somewhere......just don't know when.

I completely agree, Its beginning to become more of a pain in the *** than an eager awaiting...

Safe to say if Roger's and Telus doesn't release on Friday...............
    09-20-10 03:52 PM
    Yup... for myself, i am not moving from this screen until i know whats going on. i refuse to leave... Ill stay here all night if i have to
    refresh!... Just keep refreshing the screen

Cheers
    09-20-10 03:58 PM

What carrier are you on?
    You are right, it is delayed a week... On Bell and Virgin!

I understand you're not making an official statement but those Best Buy folk are very odd... most didn't even know there was a pre order even after it had been on the website over a week.. I take what they say very suspiciously... and there is NO WAY Best Buy's employees would be told before it hit the Media Outlets....
    again imma say it - Im with TELUS, I was told the same thing on SATURDAY MORNING ! I've also been told by several other Best Buys in Toronto, Markham, Ajax and Scarborough. Also Telus stores in Pickering, Scarborough and DT.
    Sign ..... All the people i've talked to knew about the "delay" Since Friday/Saturday.
    09-20-10 04:02 PM
    i think best buy reps are assuming there is a delay with rogers because there is a delay with bell. like lauren, i'll believe it when i see it on the reboard, or rogers buzz.
    09-20-10 04:34 PM
    i think best buy reps are assuming there is a delay with rogers because there is a delay with bell. like lauren, i'll believe it when i see it on the reboard, or rogers buzz.
    and so far there is none!! Woo hoo!

09-20-10 04:39 PM
    and so far there is none!! Woo hoo!

so, as far as i'm concerned friday is the day.

there was so much speculation on the release date on here, and none of it was right, not even close.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-20-10 at 04:43 PM.
    09-20-10 04:40 PM
    @ Mikey

when were looking for specifics like from "Mexico" where do i look for that ?
    09-20-10 04:55 PM
    ladies and gents,

ok, so i posted what i knew earlier in this thread (prolly like 10+pages ago now...)

here's an update...

so i had mentioned earlier that all canadian carriers wanted to release with the newest OS, which is what caused all this delay biznass. rogers, trying to capitalize were husslin' to get it done by sept.24 whereas bell for example knew they wouldnt make it.

the reason everyone has different answers, esp rogers staff and the reason miranda on redboard has disappeared is because originally all rogers mgmt were told to expect delay to oct.1 unless they could in fact, make it happen...seems like they might have pulled it off, as of now the mgmt are being told the 24th should be back on.

RIM is a client of ours (transport carrier) and the carriers are ordering to have the phones be shipped for friday (not 9am guaruntee tho).

funny thing is...bell is supposed to be among them...could be good and bad, don't know.

anyways, i'm just adding to the sh*t pile here but i figured for all those refreshing every 10seconds, hoping for something...maybe some potential good news would be appreciated...
    09-20-10 05:03 PM
    What carrier are you on?
    Rogers....
    09-20-10 05:10 PM
    All I know is this: there is no mention of a delay on the Telus Partners site. As soon as I see something, I'll let you guys know!

Proof:

09-20-10 05:12 PM
1,372 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD