maybe you know something we don't but how can u trust best buy?

they didn't even know they were taking pre orders when the ad went up on their site...

but i am not saying your wrong cause it still might happen!

but i am hoping for the best! Rogers is more likely to release this friday then telus for sure!
    I dunno what best buy you went to but the one I went to (there was 3 different stores) knew about the pre order and informed me also about the changed date. But at the same time Rogers is also under Best buy in that pre order ad. So at this point, yea it could still be on the 24th but it could also be passed on a later date. Remember it was BELL who first changed there date officially on there site.
    Rogers and Telus only had it posted on Twitter and the Rogers Bored. Telus never changed anything on there official page.

So again at this point anything goes. But again it wouldn't surprize me that it's been pushed for all company's really. BUT again that's another BUT if rogers releases it in 4 day's and counting -THEN HORRAH for the Robers !! Boo for Telus and Bell
    09-20-10 09:02 AM
    I could see Rogers sticking with the release date, they would be the only carrier (If Telus delays) to offer the Torch and could definitely see some positive sales because of it... Also Rogers is basically the AT&T of Canada, they seem to have a little more push and pull than the other carriers..
    09-20-10 09:04 AM
    I could see Rogers sticking with the release date, they would be the only carrier (If Telus delays) to offer the Torch and could definitely see some positive sales because of it... Also Rogers is basically the AT&T of Canada, they seem to have a little more push and pull than the other carriers..
    yes I do agree with that. I guess it's the waiting game
    09-20-10 09:15 AM
    Here's a little positive info..

Just had to fix some issues with my Rogers' services.. I made sure to ask every single person I spoke to about the Torch.. they all said they've been given information about it launching on the 24th.. no talk of delays...

Take it as it is.. sometimes no news, is good news..
    09-20-10 09:17 AM
    I'll take that! Looks like i'm switching to Rogers lol
    09-20-10 09:22 AM
    All ther news is from rogers!!! Anyone have anything for Telus??
    09-20-10 09:23 AM
    Mikey to be a traitor lol
    09-20-10 09:24 AM
    I dunno what best buy you went to but the one I went to (there was 3 different stores) knew about the pre order and informed me also about the changed date. But at the same time Rogers is also under Best buy in that pre order ad. So at this point, yea it could still be on the 24th but it could also be passed on a later date. Remember it was BELL who first changed there date officially on there site.
    Rogers and Telus only had it posted on Twitter and the Rogers Bored. Telus never changed anything on there official page.

So again at this point anything goes. But again it wouldn't surprize me that it's been pushed for all company's really. BUT again that's another BUT if rogers releases it in 4 day's and counting -THEN HORRAH for the Robers !! Boo for Telus and Bell
    yah it was weird... i called 3 and they all didn't know about it till a week later!
    09-20-10 09:31 AM
    I'll take that! Looks like i'm switching to Rogers lol
    Ya..i might have to buy it outright, then unlock it and put it on Telus until they release it. Then return it to Rogers and get my upgrade thru Telus lol
    09-20-10 09:31 AM
    Sorry Gelzz.. Too tempting
    09-20-10 09:32 AM
    hahaha it looks like we know who will be waiting at open for one on the 24th (crosses fingers) : >

Me, Gelzz, Mikey52, Lauren, JD, Madseno! hahaha

if anyone is downtown, we can do a CB buy a torch meet! I'll be going to the one underground at Bay and Front st, cause it opens at 7:30am!! : >
    09-20-10 09:32 AM
    Ya..i might have to buy it outright, then unlock it and put it on Telus until they release it. Then return it to Rogers and get my upgrade thru Telus lol
    Haha Rick, That's a lot of effort but an amazing idea. I'd love to see the look of the Rogers reps when you cruise in there to return your unlocked Rogers device while talking on the new Telus one.. haha
    09-20-10 09:34 AM
    Haha Rick, That's a lot of effort but an amazing idea. I'd love to see the look of the Rogers reps when you cruise in there to return your unlocked Rogers device while talking on the new Telus one.. haha
    Well that's what's absurd to me about this. If one company releases it, then it only makes sense for me to buy it without contract and slap it under my own carrier. Telus obviously already has the service books and stuff for it if other people are running unlocked at&t devices. Since Best Buy has the 14 day return policy, viola..gots me my phone!
    09-20-10 09:40 AM
    Well that's what's absurd to me about this. If one company releases it, then it only makes sense for me to buy it without contract and slap it under my own carrier. Telus obviously already has the service books and stuff for it if other people are running unlocked at&t devices. Since Best Buy has the 14 day return policy, viola..gots me my phone!
    are you not limited on data and talk usage though?
    09-20-10 09:43 AM
    are you not limited on data and talk usage though?
    I'm not sure...why would I be limited? If I unlock it and put it thru my existing Telus plan..why would that affect anything? I've never unlocked anything before, so i don't know all the in's and out's, but not sure why it would affect my talk/data plan.
    09-20-10 09:47 AM
    hahaha it looks like we know who will be waiting at open for one on the 24th (crosses fingers) : >

if anyone is downtown, we can do a CB buy a torch meet! I'll be going to the one underground at Bay and Front st, cause it opens at 7:30am!! : >
    hahhahaha thats funny we should lol

I do work just above that too .. i work dt on Bay and wellington St w lol im in the TD waterhouse lol I walk by that all the time lol Im in the office for 7 anyways lol

that would be too funny. But Im tyed with Telus. SOrry boi but I can still stand in line lol
    09-20-10 09:50 AM
    ya..i might have to buy it outright, then unlock it and put it on telus until they release it. Then return it to rogers and get my upgrade thru telus lol
    hhahahahahah evil !!!! I love it
    09-20-10 10:05 AM

lol yepp I will be, my boss is letting me take my lunch from 9-10 hehe

anyone in winnipeg??
    09-20-10 10:22 AM
    hahhahaha thats funny we should lol

I do work just above that too .. i work dt on Bay and wellington St w lol im in the TD waterhouse lol I walk by that all the time lol Im in the office for 7 anyways lol

that would be too funny. But Im tyed with Telus. SOrry boi but I can still stand in line lol
    haha... nice i worked at the TD branch in the concourse for 2 years about 6 years ago ; >

isn;t there a telus store around there? but i guess it opens at 9 or 10..
    09-20-10 10:29 AM
    Just got off the phone with Telus CS said they are still launching on the 24th!! Telus peeps keep your heads up!!! I will be at my best buy when it opens on the 24th!!!
    09-20-10 10:29 AM
    haha... nice i worked at the TD branch in the concourse for 2 years about 6 years ago ; >

isn;t there a telus store around there? but i guess it opens at 9 or 10..
    Just got off the phone with Telus CS said they are still launching on the 24th!! Telus peeps keep your heads up!!! I will be at my best buy when it opens on the 24th!!!
    @Knowledge
    yea they would open late lol hahahaha but my phone is on hold at best buy heheheheehehe but like i said I can stand in line lol maybe bring you coffee lol :P

@JDel - that could come true - I was on there site and when you look at there smart phone line up on the top ( this may not be something big, but jus thought i would jus share) they just added the Torch as most Populare lol so your conVersation might be true after all because that wasn't there before.
    09-20-10 10:37 AM
    That's good news!! The only problem is if you talk to a different CS rep they'll tell you they're not getting the Torch at all haha.. I'll feel much better when I see it posted on their site, or better yet, i'm posting from mine on Friday.
    09-20-10 10:37 AM
    MIKEY you kill me lol hahahahahahahah

I wanna start to post too but im such a newbie when it comes to post images lol im such a loser lol
    09-20-10 10:39 AM
    Good eye Gelzz.. We're going to crash the Telus site with all the hits lol
    09-20-10 10:40 AM
    thanks Mikey

I know it's soo sad that i can catch these little things, I was tryin to find anything different on the Best buy site but that was a fail
    09-20-10 10:45 AM
1,372 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD