Just talked to best buy again said all carriers will be oct 1st.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 02:38 PM
    So can we definitely expect October 1 or will there likely be more delays? I'm with Bell and I've accepted an offer from them that needs to be taken advantage of by October 8. Also, how do release dates work? Do ALL stores get the phone in stock? What is the typical stock amount for each store? Will everyone who shows up that day get the phone, or will people be disappointed? I've never gotten a phone on release date before, so any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I really, really want to get this phone ASAP. Thanks.
    09-19-10 03:38 PM
    Laurah

Pre order at Futureshop or Best Buy... that will guarantee you a device come launch day... Depending on the offer you may be able to extend it or accept the offer before you even pick up the device (It all depends on what you have being offered to you)

Being with Bell it's going to be at least delayed until Oct 1st.. no one knows if it may be longer than that..

As for Rogers and Telus they are still scheduled to launch the 24th of September.. any talk of Rogers/Telus delay is nothing but rumors and are unofficial at the moment...
    09-19-10 03:46 PM
    Just talked to best buy again said all carriers will be oct 1st.

That's what i've been saying all this time since yesterday. I called too and that's what they told me as well. I also went to a TELUS corp store and was told the same thing

So at this point it's still OCT 1st
    09-19-10 04:45 PM
    This is lame. Because 1 carrier can't get their sh1t together, the other 2 have to follow suit? Only in Canada i guess eh..

It still don't make sense as to why they would delay in the first place. We've got friggin free handout's at TIFF of unlocked AT&T Torch's, and others who have unlocked Torch's working already, and yet somehow we're still getting shafted. I know it's "only" 1 more week, but come on. Almost a month and a half since this things dropped in the States, and we still can't get our hands on one. Frustrating to say the least.
    09-19-10 04:55 PM
    this is lame. Because 1 carrier can't get their sh1t together, the other 2 have to follow suit? Only in canada i guess eh..
    only in canada !
    09-19-10 05:02 PM
    So I can buy a Bell device from Best Buy or Future Shop and not just the Bell store? I've already got a contract going with Bell, so would that interfere with that? I've got to fax in a proof of purchase to take of advantage of this 'offer' they've extended to me, so would it still be valid if I purchased the phone from Best Buy or Future Shop? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure this all out.
    09-19-10 05:13 PM
    So I can buy a Bell device from Best Buy or Future Shop and not just the Bell store? I've already got a contract going with Bell, so would that interfere with that? I've got to fax in a proof of purchase to take of advantage of this 'offer' they've extended to me, so would it still be valid if I purchased the phone from Best Buy or Future Shop? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure this all out.
    I believe so. I've got a contract with Telus, and I'm sure when i buy my phone thru Best Buy that the representatives at Best Buy act on behalf of all three, Telus, Rogers, and Bell.
    09-19-10 05:18 PM
    For those of you who have pre-ordered through Best Buy, how does it work? Will you go into Best Buy on the release day and pick up the phone? Does it mean that you don't have to wait in line? Do they call you and tell you when to pick it up? Can you go into any Best Buy location, or when you pre-order do you associate your order with a specific local location? I'm just trying to figure out what my best option is. If the release day is October 1st I'm actually going to be at my parent's house in the country for the weekend and it'll be about a 45 min drive into the city where a Bell store or Best Buy is located. If I pre-order through Best Buy, would I drive into the city where the Best Buy is later in the day (thus meaning I don't have to wait in line super early) or would I wait until I'm back at my apartment in a major city on the Monday (4th) to pick it up at the Best Buy in that city?
    09-19-10 05:30 PM
    For those of you who have pre-ordered through Best Buy, how does it work? Will you go into Best Buy on the release day and pick up the phone? Does it mean that you don't have to wait in line? Do they call you and tell you when to pick it up? Can you go into any Best Buy location, or when you pre-order do you associate your order with a specific local location? I'm just trying to figure out what my best option is. If the release day is October 1st I'm actually going to be at my parent's house in the country for the weekend and it'll be about a 45 min drive into the city where a Bell store or Best Buy is located. If I pre-order through Best Buy, would I drive into the city where the Best Buy is later in the day (thus meaning I don't have to wait in line super early) or would I wait until I'm back at my apartment in a major city on the Monday (4th) to pick it up at the Best Buy in that city?
    Since this is the first time i've ever pre-ordered a phone, when i payed my $$ i asked the dude there "So this guarantee's me a phone right?" and his response was "Yes..we are essentially ordering you a phone, so it will be waiting for you". I didn't really bother asking anymore about it, like whether they'll contact me or not. But if i go in there and they tell me they're sold out..i'll definately be saying wtf?
    09-19-10 05:35 PM
    Since this is the first time i've ever pre-ordered a phone, when i payed my $$ i asked the dude there "So this guarantee's me a phone right?" and his response was "Yes..we are essentially ordering you a phone, so it will be waiting for you". I didn't really bother asking anymore about it, like whether they'll contact me or not. But if i go in there and they tell me they're sold out..i'll definately be saying wtf?
    I also wanna add that it's on hold for you for 30 days.
    Also it is for you until then. Don't worry I asked the same question
    09-19-10 05:56 PM
    i hope they fix everything before we get it!!
    09-19-10 06:48 PM
    What scene did you do?

I did HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey "Dave... What are you doing, Dave? I think I am entitled to an answer to that question..." etc

I just did a really over the top "reimagining" of the speech.
    09-19-10 07:38 PM
    I did HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey "Dave... What are you doing, Dave? I think I am entitled to an answer to that question..." etc

I just did a really over the top "reimagining" of the speech.
    i tried the end of a few good men, you want answers, i want the truth... but i choked and forgot half of the speech, then i followed them to the next spot and did the breakfast club scene, but was out done by a girl that did a whole song and dance routine.

congrats! it's not as easy as it sounds with people watching.
    09-19-10 07:46 PM
    i tried the end of a few good men, you want answers, i want the truth... but i choked and forgot half of the speech, then i followed them to the next spot and did the breakfast club scene, but was out done by a girl that did a whole song and dance routine.

congrats! it's not as easy as it sounds with people watching.
    damn! hehe i was gonna go to one of the spots and do the

Carlito's way "i'm RELOADED.. OK! come in here and get me mother ... YOU THINK YOUR BIG TIME, YOUR GONNA F*** DIE BIG TIME, you ready? HERE COMES THE PAIN"

but they were too far from me! the closest was city hall but i knew there were going to be tonnes of people!
    09-19-10 08:23 PM
    damn! hehe i was gonna go to one of the spots and do the

Carlito's way "i'm RELOADED.. OK! come in here and get me mother ... YOU THINK YOUR BIG TIME, YOUR GONNA F*** DIE BIG TIME, you ready? HERE COMES THE PAIN"

but they were too far from me! the closest was city hall but i knew there were going to be tonnes of people!
    I wouldn't say tonnes of people, Queen and Bay was the busier of the 2 spots I went to, I think there was 5 or 6 at Dundas Sq. and maybe 7 or 8 at Queen and Bay. The funny thing is, the girl that won there, I don't think she was even planning to try, I think she was there because her friend wanted the Torch. She went above and beyond, whole song and dance from the Lion King. I went before her, and when she started I turned to my wife and said she got it, she was into it. If I didn't try I'd have been wondering, so, as embarrassing as it was, I'm glad I tried it out, and I got a nice case, and a t-shirt, and it was fun.

Took a day off from errands to do it. I live in Etobicoke, but they took a lunch break, which gave me time to get to Dundas Sq. since they tweeted they were going there 2 hours prior, usually it was 10 to 20 minutes prior to them actually going to be there.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-19-10 at 09:08 PM.
    09-19-10 09:06 PM
    i was at dundas sq today and there was nothing, the bell truck was closed up and a movie was playing and i saw panasonic i think

i just wanted to play with the damn thing even for a min that would have been nice
    09-19-10 10:52 PM
    i was at dundas sq today and there was nothing, the bell truck was closed up and a movie was playing and i saw panasonic i think

i just wanted to play with the damn thing even for a min that would have been nice
    It was only for the TIFF. The Bell trucks last day was on Saturday.
    09-20-10 01:29 AM
    4 days

98 hours

5883 minutes

352987 seconds

......I hope

09-20-10 06:58 AM
    4 days

98 hours

5883 minutes

352987 seconds

......I hope

you know what the said part is ? is that I'm re writting my Calender with slashes lol hahaahahahaha ie : 11/4
    09-20-10 07:06 AM
    still no official delay on telus and rogers??!!??!!
    09-20-10 07:28 AM
    ''Tu l'as dis bouffi'' c'est crissement laitte <-- Ca c'est Qu�b�cois
    09-20-10 07:37 AM
    hahaha yea but im still goin through Best Buys advertising
    09-20-10 07:47 AM
    nope... hopefully if we dont hear today then its still good for friday... i hope
    09-20-10 08:13 AM
    hahaha yea but im still goin through Best Buys advertising
    maybe you know something we don't but how can u trust best buy?

they didn't even know they were taking pre orders when the ad went up on their site...

but i am not saying your wrong cause it still might happen!

but i am hoping for the best! Rogers is more likely to release this friday then telus for sure!
    09-20-10 08:19 AM
1,372 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD