MIKEY check this out
    I just read it .... but i dunno if it's ..... sketchy
    TrustedNerd.com - Experience True Reviews, News, Support

Like I said I dunno about the 999.99 amount on that
    09-18-10 08:28 PM
    Yea.. no shot it's going to be $999.00.. Pricing has been released already, with and without contract. They're all the same.. $199.99/$599.99
    09-18-10 08:35 PM
    i KNOW right ..

but i just found that jus now.
    09-18-10 08:38 PM
    Gelzz any insider info?
    09-18-10 09:03 PM
    this is gay

were they are younge and dundas giving them away? i have to go and try
    09-18-10 09:05 PM
    Gelzz any insider info?
    not yet jus lil articles really and what the rep told me from best buy, at this point anything goes.

and honestly for me .. Tweeting isn't for me for any info.

did you hear anything further
    09-18-10 09:12 PM
    this is gay

were they are younge and dundas giving them away? i have to go and try
    Lol, they were there, and 4 other spots through out the day. Their not still there though. I made a couple of attempts at it. Got a shirt instead. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 09:15 PM
    nada! just same as everyone else. i just don't get how they are giving them away and then announce a delay?!?
    09-18-10 09:15 PM
    yea ... but also heard that they were unlocked too ... but you have to win them they were givin away swagg.
    09-18-10 09:16 PM
    i know like wtf

if it is an OS issue maybe they will let us have it if we promise not to badmouth it and upgrade it as soon as we get home
    09-18-10 09:18 PM
    i know one more week isn't much of a wait. i mean we've already waited for how long. i just hope they make thins phone perform at its best capabilities when we get them and not like when AT&t custies got theirs.
    09-18-10 09:19 PM
    yea i know right.
    I dont want another repeat of the S1, when that was released.

it's too much really
    09-18-10 09:23 PM
    nada! just same as everyone else. i just don't get how they are giving them away and then announce a delay?!?
    The ones they were giving away were AT&T Torches, since they are the only current carrier of the device.
    09-18-10 09:26 PM
    I won one today. You get a voucher for the phone and tell them your carrier. They will send out when it is available. I will know more on Monday. Great giveaway though for blackberry. Must have been 14 Torches given away, and other goodies.
    09-18-10 11:07 PM
    Congrats, that's awesome! What did you have to do to win it?
    09-18-10 11:09 PM
    Hey all, been reading these for a few days, thought I'd share my knowledge.

RIM is a client of ours (transport carrier) Here's what's up:

All the canadian carriers want to launch with the new OS (I think it's .225). Bell and Telus know they won't make Sept.24 to have this done.

The only reason Rogers hasn't announced the delay is because they are trying to capitalize by launching the 24th with zero competition for a full week. They are working overdrive trying to fix the issues so they can release the 24th.

If you speak to Rogers mgmt, you'll get two different answers. Some know there is noway they'll make it. Some know they can.

Realistically, expect Rogers to announce the postponment on Monday. If they don't, they might pull it off....doubtful tho.

09-19-10 12:15 AM
    Now...THAT'S what I call an update.....thanks Boujou!
    09-19-10 12:48 AM
    5 more sleeps!!!!!!!!
    09-19-10 02:00 AM
    5 more sleeps!!!!!!!!
    Here's hoping ...
    09-19-10 04:00 AM
    hey all, been reading these for a few days, thought i'd share my knowledge.

Rim is a client of ours (transport carrier) here's what's up:

All the canadian carriers want to launch with the new os (i think it's .225). Bell and telus know they won't make sept.24 to have this done.

The only reason rogers hasn't announced the delay is because they are trying to capitalize by launching the 24th with zero competition for a full week. They are working overdrive trying to fix the issues so they can release the 24th.

If you speak to rogers mgmt, you'll get two different answers. Some know there is noway they'll make it. Some know they can.

Realistically, expect rogers to announce the postponment on monday. If they don't, they might pull it off....doubtful tho.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thank you thank you ..

That's an update and an awesome sauce
    09-19-10 05:09 AM
    Congrats, that's awesome! What did you have to do to win it?
    . I had to act out a scene from a movie. There were five others, so the odds were pretty good. Now I just have to wait like everyone else. Lots of Torches were on display to play with at blackberry tent for Toronto film fest.
    09-19-10 08:02 AM
    What scene did you do?

09-19-10 09:04 AM
    So I have had my Torch since Aug 12th, and I have to say that it is a great device, you guys will not be dissapointed The only thing I would recommend to any of you that are getting one, is to check the build quality when you pick it up. My review unit from at&t has quite a bit of "wobble" when the slider is closed. I find this very annoying when trying to use the virtual keyboard. I have heard that all new units do not seem to have this issue, but just a heads up.

In terms of the Canadain release delays, I am pretty sure that all of the "Big 3" will end up pushing back to Oct 1st, unless Rogers can pull it off and fix the issue in time, but I wouldn't hold your breathe. The thing I will tell you is that within the last few days all of the Rogers service books and preloadedd apps (my account, mobilebackup,etc.) have been pushed to my Torch..... take what you want from that tid bit.

On a side note I would highly recommend picking up the oem holster as well as the charging dock, got mine last week and they make me like the device all that much more!
    09-19-10 10:17 AM
    Great advice! Thanks
    09-19-10 10:19 AM
    Hey all, been reading these for a few days, thought I'd share my knowledge.

RIM is a client of ours (transport carrier) Here's what's up:

All the canadian carriers want to launch with the new OS (I think it's .225). Bell and Telus know they won't make Sept.24 to have this done.

The only reason Rogers hasn't announced the delay is because they are trying to capitalize by launching the 24th with zero competition for a full week. They are working overdrive trying to fix the issues so they can release the 24th.

If you speak to Rogers mgmt, you'll get two different answers. Some know there is noway they'll make it. Some know they can.

Realistically, expect Rogers to announce the postponment on Monday. If they don't, they might pull it off....doubtful tho.

Great post!
    09-19-10 10:49 AM
1,372 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD