@ The_Shawn

awesome sauce !!!
    indeed, failed to win a torch, but i got some decent swag. and got to play with a torch! sweet!!
    09-18-10 12:45 PM
    indeed, failed to win a torch, but i got some decent swag. and got to play with a torch! sweet!!
    NICE !! SICK !! im soo jelous right now , that you got's to play with it
    09-18-10 01:03 PM
    NICE !! SICK !! im soo jelous right now , that you got's to play with it
    it was only for like 30 seconds, they had to get ready for the next spot to do their thing. it felt good though, like it belonged in my hand... lol. My sister inlaw is going to try today, to win me a Torch, good luck!! lol, my 8120 is really hurting!
    09-18-10 01:08 PM
    it was only for like 30 seconds, they had to get ready for the next spot to do their thing. it felt good though, like it belonged in my hand... lol. My sister inlaw is going to try today, to win me a Torch, good luck!! lol, my 8120 is really hurting!
    awe lol yea imma about to throw my TOUR, sometimes it's doens't turn on when i want it to or caller id is starting not to show
    09-18-10 01:27 PM
    awe lol yea imma about to throw my TOUR, sometimes it's doens't turn on when i want it to or caller id is starting not to show
    called best buy, they told me the same thing, nothing official, but more than likely the delay will be across all carriers. which sucks, because like i said i couldn't win one, and my pearl is dying. my sis inlaw didn't get there in time to try and win... oh well

If the delay across all is true, I'd be more disappointed in Rogers for waiting until 4 days before release to let their customers know.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-18-10 at 03:01 PM.
    09-18-10 01:57 PM
    @the_shawn:

I'm totally in your boat (minus actually having gotten the chance to try the Torch...) but I am, too, am coming from an 8120. Talk about a night and day experience going from an 8120 to 9800!
    09-18-10 03:26 PM
    @Staaleh

again Super JELOUS !!!
    09-18-10 03:50 PM
    I'll be pretty upset if TELUS delays their launch too. I have an offer on record from Retentions that includes a feature (5Gb data bonus) that expires September 30th. For us on CrackBerry, there's no benefit whatsoever in a delayed launch. Even if they were to update the OS build, that's something most of us can do in 20 minutes. Plus by the time we actually get the device in our hands, there may be a new build that's leaked. By the way, rumors on some forums are that it may actually be October 8th before it ships. Ridiculous situation all around.
    09-18-10 03:59 PM
    @the_shawn:

I'm totally in your boat (minus actually having gotten the chance to try the Torch...) but I am, too, am coming from an 8120. Talk about a night and day experience going from an 8120 to 9800!
    for sure, had an unlocked S2 for a while, people complain about OS 5, imagine being on 4.5 still, now that browser sucks... lol, and it hurt going back to the 8120 after the S2.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-18-10 at 04:14 PM.
    09-18-10 04:03 PM
    I'll be pretty upset if TELUS delays their launch too. I have an offer on record from Retentions that includes a feature (5Gb data bonus) that expires September 30th. For us on CrackBerry, there's no benefit whatsoever in a delayed launch. Even if they were to update the OS build, that's something most of us can do in 20 minutes. Plus by the time we actually get the device in our hands, there may be a new build that's leaked. By the way, rumors on some forums are that it may actually be October 8th before it ships. Ridiculous situation all around.
    dunno if telus actually made anything official as far as the 24th, bell at least admitted it, rogers is still holding out that there is no delay. to announce a delay so close to the release, is such a let down. i know it's just a week, maybe, maybe more, but to let us get so close then pull the date back, is really jerking their customers around in my opinion (like the twenty dollar bill on a string). we know that they know they need to make this announcement, unless, and i hope, rogers releases this week, who ever knows for sure. and those that know for sure aren't saying... lol
    09-18-10 04:13 PM
    TELUS did announce they were launching it on the 24th.

It is on their official Twitter page:

Home | Media | TELUS

It was also communicated to the store employees.
    09-18-10 04:19 PM
    Just came back from my best buy store. Sales guys said he talked to his Telus rep and they are still expecting Telus and Rogers to launch on the 24th. (take it like a grain of salt). He mentioned that it was odd for Bell and Virgin to delay this close to the release date. What will happen who really knows!!!!! I am still calling them on the 24th to see if they get it! He said most of them should be in transport by now and the delay might mean they didn't have enough to distribute but i don't believe that!
    09-18-10 05:35 PM
    @the_shaun

Just checked the 8120 I use and have used for 1.5 years. OS4.5.0.102. Yikes! I've never owned anything but this POS (and admittedly, it only became a POS once I was introduced to the Torch a month and a half go through this forum...)

I've used my girlfriend's 9700 and really like it. Its full keyboard has only made me that much MORE excited to get the 9800...

My friend in Toronto was telling me she was at a wedding last night. And who was at your wedding table but Jim Bassilie (sp). I attempted to go right to the source for us and have her ask him what was happening with the Canadian launch; she was too chicken to say anything. <shrug>
    09-18-10 05:52 PM
    Just came back from my best buy store. Sales guys said he talked to his Telus rep and they are still expecting Telus and Rogers to launch on the 24th. (take it like a grain of salt). He mentioned that it was odd for Bell and Virgin to delay this close to the release date. What will happen who really knows!!!!! I am still calling them on the 24th to see if they get it! He said most of them should be in transport by now and the delay might mean they didn't have enough to distribute but i don't believe that!
    funny, your best buy guy said the exact opposite of mine
    @the_shawn

Just checked the 8120 I use and have used for 1.5 years. OS4.5.0.102. Yikes! I've never owned anything but this POS (and admittedly, it only became a POS once I was introduced to the Torch a month and a half go through this forum...)

I've used my girlfriend's 9700 and really like it. Its full keyboard has only made me that much MORE excited to get the 9800...

My friend in Toronto was telling me she was at a wedding last night. And who was at your wedding table but Jim Bassilie (sp). I attempted to go right to the source for us and have her ask him what was happening with the Canadian launch; she was too chicken to say anything. <shrug>
    now imagine having had this 8120 for another year, i've had mine for 2.5 years, first hoping for the storm series to come to rogers, that never happened, obviously. now waiting for the torch, it'll definitely be a worthy upgrade! althought this wait is starting to hurt, i could have upgraded since june.

too bad your friend wouldn't talk to jimmy, although he probably wouldn't have said much on the topic. he'd probably have given the generic usual lines.
    09-18-10 06:13 PM
    I couldn't wait for the Torch. Decided to go with a 9700 instead. Hiuge upgrade from my Pearl. I figure the Torch II will come out sometime when I will be due again & I can get one then. So far no regrets here. Love the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 07:20 PM
    Positive Note:

Neither Roger's nor Telus have announced any delays. Any rumors about carrier wide delays are simply that... rumors...

Keep your heads up people!
    09-18-10 07:45 PM
    Positive Note:

Neither Roger's nor Telus have announced any delays. Any rumors about carrier wide delays are simply that... rumors...

Keep your heads up people!
    have you checked the best buy cell site for pre orders, it also says comin soon. Im under Telus and i've spoken to a rep and an actual rep from a corp store both said OCT 1ST

Best Buy Mobile - Best Buy Canada
    09-18-10 08:08 PM
    Madseno the eternal optimist! lol.. I like that that buddy, here's to hoping!
    09-18-10 08:09 PM
    have you checked the best buy cell site for pre orders, it also says comin soon. Im under Telus and i've spoken to a rep and an actual rep from a corp store both said OCT 1ST

Best Buy Mobile - Best Buy Canada
    Lol.. Gelzz,we get a million different stories from a million different people.. Let's hope the 1st doesn't turn into the 31st.. Happy Halloween!
    09-18-10 08:10 PM
    But nothing official has been reported by either carriers. I saw the best buy site earlier but how are we to know that's not to cover their backs for when angry bell customers storm the place citing the "sept 24" on the web site?

09-18-10 08:11 PM
    really that's odd.. I called because i have a ore ordered and ask if my deposit was still or if they still honoured it. And she said, yes its still good.
    She also said that she was told when she walked in for work that the date has changed to the 1st, and she didn't know why.

at this point it's anything goes.
    09-18-10 08:12 PM
    But nothing official has been reported by either carriers. I saw the best buy site earlier but how are we to know that's not to cover their backs for when angry bell customers storm the place citing the "sept 24" on the web site?

I was thinking the same thing.. At this point there's just as much rumors supporting a 24th for Telus and Rogers. I personally think it will be delayed because the only person I get my info from (she's never led me astray) say's it will be.. I really, really hope she's wrong.
    09-18-10 08:17 PM
    i GUESS it's Tatewaki Kuno anything goes school for martial arts lol
    09-18-10 08:21 PM
    I went to Rogers store today and asked the sales rep if she could check for me if i am eligible for upgrade to Torch on 24th. She said that apparently it has been moved to October 1st but Rogers didn't make it official yet.
    09-18-10 08:24 PM
    lol.. This keeps getting better!
    09-18-10 08:27 PM
1,372 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD