Well.. it's just past 4PM Toronto time... is it safe to say Rogers and Telus users have beaten the delay...

Fingers crossed.
    Knowing Rogers and Telus and their inability to communicate (ironic for a communications company), I wont feel safe until Monday is over, and I'll feel really safe after Tuesday.
    09-17-10 03:18 PM
    "confirmed with source that there is NO delay for launch and units are already in transit to retail locations"

thats what someone just posted on the rogers redboard
    09-17-10 03:19 PM
    @pumaman

I agree, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to announce the delay Sept. 23rd at 9PM... let's hope lucks on our side...

@lauren122688

I sure hope that's the truth!
    09-17-10 03:29 PM
    miranda said the date is still set for the 24th and if it changes we will know
    09-17-10 03:41 PM
    there is also no pre orders for rogers
    09-17-10 03:42 PM
    Well - there we are then....
    09-17-10 03:46 PM
    there is also no pre orders for rogers
    lol that sucks. I wonder why best buy and Telus doin pre orders
    09-17-10 04:01 PM
    That's Rogers just being Rogers - we should be used to that by now lol!!
    09-17-10 04:04 PM
    lol that sucks. I wonder why best buy and Telus doin pre orders
    Where is Telus doing pre-orders? The only page I could find was for business pre-orders. I even submitted my name but haven't got a call back.

I attended a local Telus location, and they are refusing to do pre-orders. They stated they are jaded from the iPhone fiasco where they only received 1 to 2 units a day (with over 60 people on the pre-order list).

So are they doing pre-orders differently at each store?
    09-17-10 04:30 PM
    Futureshop is apparently taking pre-orders, according to mobilesyrup. They don't say for which carrier though. On the plus side, you could get a free car charger!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 04:33 PM
    Futureshop is apparently taking pre-orders, according to mobilesyrup. They don't say for which carrier though. On the plus side, you could get a free car charger!

I just saw that they were taking pre-orders. I'm on Telus (where I'd like to stay), and the local Futureshop only carries Rogers phones, so I'd imagine it would be Rogers only. I doubt they would carry just a single Telus phone.
    09-17-10 04:37 PM
    The best buy I preordered mine from was taking perorders for all carriers. I failed twice to win a free one today, so, i guess I have to hold my preorder... lol, I guess I need to work on my acting.

Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-17-10 at 07:31 PM.
    09-17-10 07:05 PM
    Where is Telus doing pre-orders? The only page I could find was for business pre-orders. I even submitted my name but haven't got a call back.

I attended a local Telus location, and they are refusing to do pre-orders. They stated they are jaded from the iPhone fiasco where they only received 1 to 2 units a day (with over 60 people on the pre-order list).

So are they doing pre-orders differently at each store?
    Oh sorry I should have said. it's Business orders but no one called me lol it's best buy that's taking pre orders from what I know
    09-17-10 09:38 PM
    anybody else notice that the bell page that said october 1st now says coming soon?

i wonder what that means
    09-17-10 10:09 PM
    anybody else notice that the bell page that said october 1st now says coming soon?

i wonder what that means
    really .... thats not cool
    09-17-10 10:12 PM
    I was at the Telus store in the mall, and the rep there heard talk of October 8th. He seemed quite knowledgeble about the subject actually. I was quite dissappointed...
    09-17-10 11:50 PM
    anybody know when rogers will release the white torch ....? *crossing my finger* hopefully soon.
    09-18-10 03:16 AM
    THAT'S IT IM DONE ....well maybe not

BEST BUY JUS CHANGED THERE'S TOO !!!

"COMING SOON" sad words .... sigh

*** Just called Best buy to make sure that my deposit was still good to go. Response was "yes it's still good and the date is now pushed for TELUS for OCT 1ST. " The manger doesn't know why it was pushed back but out speculations are probably right. It could be the OS or the NET WORK who knows, BUT for sure BELL/VIRGIN and now TELUS is moved to OCT 1st and I believe ROGERS is now on the band wagon.

Hope that kinda helps everyone
    Last edited by Gelzz; 09-18-10 at 10:58 AM.
    09-18-10 10:48 AM
    @ MIKEY

it's sad but True for DATED OCT 1ST.

T- 13 DAYS WOMP WOMPPP
    09-18-10 10:59 AM
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not good news. *sigh* Well, one more week can't be that bad can it. I will be in Toronto on Oct. 1st so maybe I will have to pick one up there when it comes out. Still can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-18-10 11:13 AM
    @ Sirk

I know right. GRRRRRR
    09-18-10 11:23 AM
    Argh! I...must...hold...out...hope!
    Until Redirect to the right page tells me otherwise, must cling to September 24th. Come on Rogers!
    T-6 days for Rogers!!! (until further notice...)
    09-18-10 11:40 AM
    Argh! I...must...hold...out...hope!
    Until Redirect to the right page tells me otherwise, must cling to September 24th. Come on Rogers!
    T-6 days for Rogers!!! (until further notice...)
    It gonna be pushed .. if BEST BUY is pushed then ROGERS would have too but BUT i do agree with you. If Rogers hasnt change then it's still on for the 24th but dont' quote me on that one

http://http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/c...ile/20006.aspx
    Last edited by Gelzz; 09-18-10 at 12:21 PM.
    09-18-10 11:51 AM
    Well team BlackBerry is giving away Torches around Toronto since yesterday, they stopped at Yonge and St. Clair, Yonge and Bloor, Yonge and Dundas, Queen and Bay, and King and Simcoe. Today they've been to Yonge and Eglinton, and Yonge and St. Clair. These are AT&T unlocked Torches, since no Canadian releases have happened yet. It's a TIFF event around the downtown core of Toronto.

You have to reenact a scene from a movie, I tried twice and failed to win a torch.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 09-18-10 at 12:31 PM.
    09-18-10 12:21 PM
    @ The_Shawn

awesome sauce !!!
    09-18-10 12:24 PM
1,372 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD