It is 8:06pm in Saskatoon, SK as I type this.

It is officially 13 days until the Torch is released here in Canada. How many of you will be grabbing it on opening day? Of those grabbing it, will you be upgrading from a current Blackberry model or will you be switching from another phone brand?

I myself am starting to lose sleep over this. I am currently using a Pearl 8120 (OS4) and having followed the many threads on this site and in addition to watching a ton of reviews on youtube, I am beyond stoked for this phone. This phone is going to be an upgrade from my Pearl in EVERY possible way.

Less than 2 weeks. Wow. That doesn't seem so far off now...
    09-11-10 09:12 PM
    i will be staying with my S2 waiting on the S3 or S2 1/2 .........
    09-11-10 09:22 PM
    I'm typing on my 9800 right now. I'm loving it. I just wished that it came with a better camera. The battery life is decent not as good as the 9700's but will get you through the day. The keyboard takes getting used to but the touch screen, trackpad and keyboard combo is the best of all worlds.

Hope you enjoy yours once you get it.

Cheers.
    09-11-10 09:26 PM
    I will be at my local Rogers store as early as possible to get my Torch. It will be my 6th Blackberry and I can't wait to get rid of my temporary 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 09:27 PM
    I bought a Samsung Vibrant a month ago while waiting for my 9700 to come back from repair. I liked the Vibrant so much that i sold the 9700 when it came back. Now, I already have a demo Torch waiting for me on the 24th (or maybe before) so i will be testing it out for a day or two. Judging from all the reviews and comments on this forum, my mind was made up and said to myself i would never get this phone, but i think its unfair to judge a phone based on other people's opinions so i will give it a fair chance. That being said, it will have to really impress me, to make me even consider putting down this Vibrant.......guess i will find out soon.

09-11-10 09:51 PM
    Who's carrying it? Telus, Bell or Rogers? How about Sasktel? That's who I'm with & eligible for an upgrade next weekend.
    09-11-10 09:51 PM
    Bell, Telus and Rogers will have it, not sure about your carrier.

09-11-10 09:57 PM
    Who's carrying it? Telus, Bell or Rogers? How about Sasktel? That's who I'm with & eligible for an upgrade next weekend.
    I'm pretty sure that its on telus, rogers and bell. Not sure about sasktel.

09-11-10 10:02 PM
    I don't think Sasktel have HSPA yet so I don't think they will be carrying this phone. I think you have to go with Roger or Telus crappy reception in Saskatchewan.

I'm excited for this phone too. I don't have hardware upgrade but I've already have a savings fund to buy the phone outright.
    09-11-10 10:16 PM
    I'm in Alberta and have mine on preorder from Best Buy. I'm still rocking a Storm 9530 and while its been a nice phone I'm definately looking forward to an upgrade. I will be there as soon as the store opens..although working in the oilpatch I have no guarantees that I'll even have the day off (in which case I'll have to book it off).

I'll definately be giving the Torch a good test run to see how it fits my needs before my 14 days is up. My biggest concern is that its going to be a little too familiar to my S1. I've been staring at this screen now for 1 1/2 years..and while many users are liking the screen size upgrade..to me its the same. I'm really hoping the resolution is at least better than what I see now.

Either way I'm super pumped about it! I've been reading these 9800 forums daily since the release to monitor peoples thoughts about it and can't wait! I only wish some people would post more Youtube vids showing the Torch with the latest .214 to tide me over til the release.

09-11-10 10:30 PM
    i have mine as well. couldn't wait. got the AT&T and unlocked it and running on Telus. no probs at all works amazingly. with the latest leaked os is a must update! completely transforms the phone! now runs as good as the 9780.
    09-11-10 10:42 PM
    This phone is going to be an upgrade from my Pearl in EVERY possible way.
    Tu l'as dit, bouffi.
    09-11-10 10:47 PM
    Have mine pre-ordered from Best Buy. Will probably drop by in the morning to pick it up the day it launches.
    09-12-10 12:16 AM
    I'll venture to a store to fondle one for a bit. But if I decide to get one I'm hoping to get one right from RIM directly.
    09-12-10 12:31 AM
    I'm planning on buying a Torch as soon as it is out on September 24.

I'll be switching from an iPhone 3G (still pissed at Apple even after upgrading to iOS 4.1--didn't make that much of a difference).

My wife is planning on upgrading her Curve 8330 to a Torch next year when she's able to upgrade.
    09-12-10 12:32 AM
    I'm planning on buying a Torch as soon as it is out on September 24.

I'll be switching from an iPhone 3G (still pissed at Apple even after upgrading to iOS 4.1--didn't make that much of a difference).

My wife is planning on upgrading her Curve 8330 to a Torch next year when she's able to upgrade.
    I went back to 3.1.3 after trying 4 when it came out. I think 4.1 is a small improvement, not much though.
    09-12-10 01:13 AM

I'll definately be giving the Torch a good test run to see how it fits my needs before my 14 days is up. My biggest concern is that its going to be a little too familiar to my S1. I've been staring at this screen now for 1 1/2 years..and while many users are liking the screen size upgrade..to me its the same. I'm really hoping the resolution is at least better than what I see now.

I'm sorry to say, the resolution is identical to the Storm.

Ps. I'll be at Telus first thing on the 24th. Can't wait!
    09-12-10 03:13 AM
    I'll be the first thing on the 24th too. Took the day off and everything

09-12-10 03:17 AM
    I'll be the first thing on the 24th too. Took the day off and everything

Haha thatta boy! I've got a hook up at Telus so I'm hoping I can score one on the evening of the 23rd. If that's the case, I wont be getting much sleep that first night!
    09-12-10 03:27 AM
    Also, does anyone else think it's just a bit shifty that Telus still doesn't have a firm release date on their site yet?? I know they said the 24th on Twitter but that's all!
    Rogers and Bell both have dates listed but Telus still says "coming soon"
    09-12-10 03:33 AM
    I got my Torch locally from a guy who got some phones from AT&T. When I read some of the complaint threads on here, I was a bit worried... but I actually love this phone. I'm glad I didn't get swayed by all the people posting stupid threads online.

09-12-10 07:47 AM
    I don't mind waiting for another 2 months and get the bold 9780, although both models are not as good as my expectation or other phones.
    09-12-10 08:46 AM
    Can't wait 12 days!! reserved mine at bestbuy! Will be there first thing in the morning! Big upgrade from my 8350i!
    09-12-10 09:08 AM
    Tu l'as dit, bouffi.
    Je n'ai jamais entendu cette expression l�! C'est du vrai Qu�becois �a! J'ajoute une autre expression � mon vocabulaire
    09-12-10 11:39 AM
    I'm getting mine on opening day at Metrotown before I go to work. Maybe I'll see some crackberrians there. :P

09-12-10 11:47 AM
1,372 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD