Hi,

I am using a Blackberry Torch 9580, It us creating multiple problems for past one week. The phone went completely unusable now. :-(

I have Updated my OS from 7.0 to 7.1 some 15 days back. The phone was perfectly OK after update and was working fine. Here the problem started. My phone started freezing anonymously. When i open a SMS/E-Mail it freezes. When i Try sending messages in Whats app, it freezes. Every time i have to pull the battery and put it back again. This happened very frequently and on repeated battery pull it started showing "Built-in Media Error". At starting when i hit on Repair it successfully repairs and things get fine. again after some few hours the phone freezes. Again battery pull :-(

Really got tired on doing this every time. After a day, when i pull the battery and rebooted it again showed me the "Built-in Media Error". Now the new problem started here is when i hit or repair it started freezing. Got totally fed up and refereed to BB forms. Then i decided to wipe my device. I did a security wipe. It went all blank white screen with no error message. Then i followed the steps given in one of the post. Removed my battery, connected my phone to Desktop manager and successfully updated my phone with a fresh OS. Phone came up. I left for a day, it was fine working. So i updated my app-world, FB etc and rebooted my Phone. Again the freezing problem and getting stuck in reboot cycle started. Finally decided to downgrade my OS to 7.0. So wiped again using BBSAK and installed 7.0 OS. Now my phone doesn't boot. Gets freezed in the reboot cycle at 80% or 90%. Not even getting in.

Sorry for such a Bigger post.. I am totally frustrated :-( Please anyone help me... I want my phone alive back...... Please HELP!!!
    09-29-13 12:45 AM
    In my experience when a phone is stuck in a reboot cycle like that, try a different battery if you can.

Welcome to the Forums. Sorry you're having such a hard time with that phone.
    09-29-13 01:06 AM
    Try and take out the media card, this can cause boot issues if it became corrupted. You might have to reload the os, but make sure the Media card is out. Then, if it comes up ok after reoad, THEN try the media card, if it comes back, well there you go, funky media card.

c
    10-01-13 03:10 PM
    Thanks Carl,

I removed the media card, wiped fully and then reinstalled the OS. Still no luck :-( It loads till 75% and stops. Even tried 2-3 times of OS re-install
    10-02-13 02:43 AM
    OK, Re-read your post and I missed a couple of things,

The "Internal media issue", and then you stated that you wiped/reloaded the OS, all was going ok, UNTIL you started loading in your facebook, apps and such.

Did you just re-install all of your "stuff" at one time after you got the unit wiped and reloaded? I know this is a pain in the rear, but when you are having an issue like this, after you wipe/reloas OS, you should re-install your Apps and such (including the Facebook type stuff) one at a time to help find the offending culprit, as this is what is sounds like to me after re-reading.

I think I have the time line right????

C
    10-02-13 01:35 PM
    yeah you are exactly right..... I re installed all at one stretch without rebooting. once i installed and opened whatz app then it completely froze.... after that till now ot didn't come up.. Even after multiple wipes n reloading OS.... what to do?????
    10-04-13 01:02 AM
    yeah you are exactly right..... I re installed all at one stretch without rebooting. once i installed and opened whatz app then it completely froze.... after that till now ot didn't come up.. Even after multiple wipes n reloading OS.... what to do?????
    Try redoing what you have done, wipe/reinstall os , BUT DON'T install Whatz app, and see what happens. That may be to offending culprit???

c
    10-04-13 02:13 PM
    No use...... Still getting stuck at 70%
    10-09-13 09:46 PM
    Is it possible that you are having firewall/antivirus issues on the pc "blocking" something from coming back into pc from the phone to break the load cycle?

c
    10-15-13 08:58 AM