After many years of holding out with my flip-phone, I finally purchased my 1st BB device a few days ago (Torch 9800). I'm pretty fired up about it! This site has been a great resource as I'm just beginning to learn the BB basics. Thanks to all of you for the helpful posts!
    12-27-10 09:29 AM
    You made the right choice! The Torch is my 4th BlackBerry and it is absolutely great!
    12-27-10 09:36 AM
    Glad you are enjoying your first of many RIM devices. The Torch is my fourth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 09:36 AM
    Good choice! I hope it works out well for you...welcome to the the team.
    12-27-10 10:12 AM
    I just got the torch for xmas, amazing phone. This is my second bb though(had the storm before). Have u updated the firmware? I'm still on 246, going to update when I get home. Does anybody think ill notice a difference?

12-27-10 10:22 AM
    Welcome you are now starting your journey into the Blackberry world. You'll find the Crackberry nation to be the BEST source for help and advice. Enjoy the 9800 it's a great device.

12-27-10 10:25 AM
    Great choice on the BB! The Torch is my 2nd BB. I had the curve 8300 previously.

This is a wonderful site and very helpful people. Search around for any help you need. I have and have found it quite useful.
    12-27-10 10:53 AM
    I just got the torch for xmas, amazing phone. This is my second bb though(had the storm before). Have u updated the firmware? I'm still on 246, going to update when I get home. Does anybody think ill notice a difference?
    I'm running v246. It seems to be running well, so I'll need to look into the pros and cons before attempting an upgrade. Let me know how it works out for you.
    12-27-10 06:16 PM
    This is my third BB and still love it every day. Welcome to the club.

On the OS upgrade to .337 from .246, there really isn't a huge difference other then introducing a couple minor annoying bugs and fixing a few others. Not really worth it if your not one of those "I the need to upgrade my OS" kinda people. In my opinion use it for a while with what came on it, that way if anything weird pops up you'll know its the OS and not the device.
    --Super-- likes this.
    12-27-10 06:22 PM
    The torch is also my first BB! I lovve it! I've been a fan ever since my I used my friend;s bold 9700 after I knew i wanted a blackberry! (:
    12-27-10 06:58 PM
    After many years of holding out with my flip-phone, I finally purchased my 1st BB device a few days ago (Torch 9800). I'm pretty fired up about it! This site has been a great resource as I'm just beginning to learn the BB basics. Thanks to all of you for the helpful posts!
    The torch is my 2nd BB, started with an 8530. BB is a solid device, enjoy!

12-27-10 07:34 PM
    its my second bb i started with one of the pearls then went to the iphone 3g and now back to bb i love the torch more than my iphone
    12-27-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD