How do I get to the multitask function on the Torch besides the menu button? I remember seeing a video on here about it.
    Thanks.
    09-10-10 06:08 PM
    What do you mean? That generically refers to being in a call and able to surf etc. Any 3G device on the 3G network should do that with ease. Only one I know of that will not and it is not a BB. Holding down the BB Menu key brings up the application switcher so you can go "Home" to launch something else or bring up another application that is already running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 06:26 PM
    Hold your finger on the screen and an additional menu will pop up with numerous options.....???? Is this what you mean?
    09-10-10 06:47 PM
    Ok here it is, click and hold the menu button for a little over a second and the switch app thing comes up...
    09-10-10 08:30 PM
    Ok here it is, click and hold the menu button for a little over a second and the switch app thing comes up...
    that is not multitasking as in terms of holding a phone conversation and searching the web. this has to be supported by your carrier which is AT&T
    09-11-10 12:09 PM
    that is not multitasking as in terms of holding a phone conversation and searching the web. this has to be supported by your carrier which is AT&T
    Not true. It is a UMTS feature. Turning multiRAB off is an option but not done by many carriers at least not the big ones.

09-11-10 01:12 PM
    I always thought multitasking, in terms of smartphones, was running more than one app at a time, which I think BlackBerries do.
    09-11-10 01:51 PM
    Yes that is multitasking. Running multiple apps or programs in the background at the same time that you are using something else, or talking on the phone or texting... etc.
    09-11-10 11:46 PM
    But in todays terms that implies being on a voice call and having one or more data sessions. That cannot be done on EDGE without the presence of WiFi.

09-12-10 12:42 AM
    But in todays terms that implies being on a voice call and having one or more data sessions. That cannot be done on EDGE without the presence of WiFi.

It does? I think that's just a specific type of multitasking, which in a wider sense is running multiple apps in general.
    Last edited by IAmBBJosh; 09-12-10 at 04:55 PM.
    09-12-10 03:00 AM
    Shan, multitasking is doing ANYTHING at the same time, not just talking and running an app. Same for the Iphone 4.
    09-12-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD