While in my pocket I somehow moved my Blackberry Messenger icon from the "All" pane to the "media" pane. I don't know how, and more importantly, I have no idea how to move it back. The simple menu item of "move" doesn't allow you to move an icon from pane to pane, and the "move to folder" is no help. Anyone know how to move an icon to/from a different pane? Thanks!
    09-09-10 06:06 PM
    Icons in the media "pane" are in the media folder on the all or homescreen. So, check in the media folder and move it to a different folder.
    09-09-10 06:19 PM
    What he means is go into the media folder. Select only once the BBM icon to highlight it then hit the BB Menu key. Choose Move To and select the Home folder. Then you can move it within the homescreen icons anywhere you like as well by doing the same thing but choose Move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 09-09-10 at 09:11 PM.
    09-09-10 06:41 PM
    Agree, you probably got it there doing a pocket move. You can select items on your all screen and move them to your media folder, they will then show up under that tab. As shansmi described, just move it back.
    09-09-10 08:30 PM
    I appreciate the responses.

When viewing the icons in the "Media Folder" (I referred to it as a "Media Pane"), you can select on, hit the BB menu, and your options will be displayed. "Move" is an option, but "Move To Folder" or "Move to Home" etc are not options.

Any additional help would be appreciated.
    09-10-10 03:19 AM
    I appreciate the responses.

When viewing the icons in the "Media Folder" (I referred to it as a "Media Pane"), you can select on, hit the BB menu, and your options will be displayed. "Move" is an option, but "Move To Folder" or "Move to Home" etc are not options.

Any additional help would be appreciated.
    OK, your problem is that you are trying to move it from the Media Tab and you can't move it from there. Go back to your All Tab and in All select the Media FOLDER. Once in your Media Folder you will see your BBM, and in there you can select Move To Folder>Home.

Hope that made sense.
    09-10-10 03:30 AM
    GOT IT! Thank you for saying the same words in a different order again DMac...all fixed.

The day I received my 9800 I hid the Media Folder, never to think about it again. So, with it hidden, I didn't remember it existed.
    09-10-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD