Someone that I haven't spoken with in a few days texted me earlier today but the message has remained on a previous date, not today's date. I've turned off the phone but the issue has not been solved?

ETA: Now I can't even open the messages or text messages tab. I click on them but nothing opens up. I can hit the red button to try to access something else. This is frustrating and I don't even know what caused any of this.
    Last edited by ktpayown; 02-06-11 at 04:17 PM.
    02-06-11 02:44 PM
    Someone that I haven't spoken with in a few days texted me earlier today but the message has remained on a previous date, not today's date. I've turned off the phone but the issue has not been solved?

ETA: Now I can't even open the messages or text messages tab. I click on them but nothing opens up. I can hit the red button to try to access something else. This is frustrating and I don't even know what caused any of this.
    Turning the phone off merely puts the device in a deep sleep, all it does it keep track of time and remember what you had open. Pretty much what hibernation is on a computer. For issues you want to resolve, pull the battery out for a few seconds, then replace and let the device reboot.

Pressing the red End key doesn't close apps, it "minimizes" them - they're still open and/or running. Use the Back/Escape key to close, or open the menu and close the app(s).

Now, for the text issue - are you continuing a conversation? Or deleting afterwards? If you're leaving them, try ending/deleting either when done or at the end of the day. This is more of a requirement for devices with tiny memory, I do it more as a carry-over habit - plus it keeps my device tidy, and I notice that it tends to stay focused on the last one I had open, so if I don't delete on a frequent basis I find myself having to scroll to find new incoming texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD