Hi,

i am new to blackbery, and torch is my first blackberry phone, last time i checked my memory was 271 mb. and yesterday when i check it was 258 mb.

and i dont remember that i have installed any apps on it. the only thing i am getting are messages and emails. so i think they are taking memory, but i am not sure.

and if they are then can someone tell me how to transfer them to memeory card or 4 gb enternal memory not the 512 ram memory.

thankx
    12-29-10 12:37 PM
    I noticed the same issue, but I have several apps that "auto update" (weather, sports etc.) there is an app called "quickpull" that simulates a battery pull. You can set it to autorun once a day, it seems to restore the memory. My only guess is that it is like running defrag on a computer, but I could be wrong.
    zarimir likes this.
    12-29-10 03:30 PM
    The memory fluctation is what you see in normal usage and given the level of memory (258mb) you have nothing at all to be concerned with. The device will manage the memory without you intervention. It will go up and down depending on your usage and idle times.

As to saving the messages on your memory card that is not, as far as I know, possible.
    zarimir likes this.
    12-29-10 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    amazinglygraceless, ok I am not concerned about the messages but what about emails can save them in my sd card or not. And can it be possible that I use my browser a lot and maybe that is the reason that the momory is getting low. Do u have any thought abiut that.

Thanks
    12-29-10 08:58 PM
    Try to clean the broswer history...
    zarimir likes this.
    12-29-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD