I find the lack of faith disturbing....now I love BBs but the media player is garbage. This is my 3rd BB the latest being the torch, and when I uploaded my music there's all these question marks in front of and in back of all song titles and I mean all of them...now this is frustrating to say the least. I upload all songs from the same location, my PS3. Honestly its 4 "?" Per title. A assume no one else has had this difficulty, as I am usually the only or first one to discover problems with a lot devices...so I guess you could call me the Christopher Columbus of blackberry issues. My last BBs it was an issue of everytime I downloaded a song from itunes or any other website or even my pc for christsake, it would send songs to different destinations i.e. Media card, or blackberry folder or media folder or under folder phone then media then music. Basically I had 2,000 songs scattered about on my phone, **** some would even go to my ringtone folder (and in case you were wondering if I had the download destination selected to the media card the same everytime.. Yes I did). So when I bought this new torch my first thoughts literally were on the media player, well although I am loving the new RIM phone I am left cursing the gods, and have since stopped fighting what seems to be an inevitable losing battle with RIM's distasteful media player. I guess Canadians don't have a taste for music lmao...just kidding don't get your panties in a bunch it was a joke. Seriously though, here's an example of how my media player shows my songs categories and artist names: ??Beastie Boys, ??To all the ladies, ??Pauls boutique, ??rock/rap/punk. Now while still alphabetized it is an eyesore. So I ask this next question, with little faith knowing the final outcome of anyone's answer. Does anyone else have this problem? And question 2: HEY RIM do you have a solution to this ever-growning nuesence of a problem that will ultimately stray me away from BBs all together? Thanks for reading fellow Crackberry-heads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 09:42 AM
    I have lots of music and several movies. No "?" On any of them. Exactly how are you doing the copy? I have done a sync with DM as well as a drag and drop with no issues. XP and Win7. Sounds more like a PS3 issue than a BB issue.

12-21-10 10:14 AM
    I have a couple hundred songs on mine and none have a ? on them.

12-21-10 10:18 AM
    Where are you getting the music? How are they tagged from where you get them?
    12-21-10 10:39 AM
    Well that's not a torch issue, that's a user issue. I've have never hear of, or seen such a thing until now. My torch has never done this. I have a Mac so I send my music/movies through bluetooth and nothing has ever had even one "?" In its name unless the song title had a "?" In it.

GeoK likes this.
    12-21-10 10:51 AM
    I have hundreds(nearly 3gb) of music on my media card and internal memory, none of them have "?". I drag and drop(via windows using everything from xp to 7) all music files onto my devices. I'm wondering if his problem is to do with the ps3 and not the BB, if this was the way it was for everyone, you wouldn't be the only one complaining.
    12-21-10 10:52 AM
    It has done that from my PS3 on my 9700 so that's the issue and I think lots of it was pirated too... But not all so I assumed it was the PS3's fault so used comp. Instead and no more ????

12-21-10 11:26 AM
    Maybe with the new OS its a problem but when I uploaded my music to my old curve it didn't have the ? On them.....strange.

12-21-10 11:26 AM
    A assume no one else has had this difficulty, as I am usually the only or first one to discover problems with a lot devices..
    You really think if there was an inherent issue with the media player improperly displaying tags, there wouldn't be anyone else with this issue? If you're saying you discover problems with alot of devices and this is one example, it sounds like most of them were user error.
    12-21-10 11:43 AM
    Make sure your music is tagged properly. Mp3tag is your friend.
    12-21-10 11:43 AM
    I have 512 songs on my card, some ripped, some bought, and none have a (?). I seriously doubt if the 9800's media player is the culprit.
    12-21-10 12:00 PM
    Operator Error!

I've been using my Media player on the Torch since I got it on release day and I've never had that issue or any other. It's great!
    12-21-10 12:06 PM
    I never had a problem with the media player on any of my BB's. I've always used DM to sync with itunes and not 1 song has a ? before or after the title (unless it's supposed to). All mu music is purchased from itunes or ripped from cd's.
    12-21-10 12:19 PM
    The only thing I can think if that could be causing it are foreign language characters. If that's not the case, then your ID3 tags are messed up. Like barrist mentioned, you just need to use a program like MP3Tag to correct them.

Last edited by Masahiro; 12-21-10 at 01:14 PM.
    12-21-10 01:11 PM
    Like everyone else said, fix your id3 tags.
    12-21-10 01:13 PM
    maybe you should move to Canada, because here we don't have any problem with media player's filename, hehe.
    12-21-10 02:20 PM
    Need help with a similar issue... My album art is horribly placed. Half of the art is nowhere to be found and the majority of the songs are mislabeled. It's confusing and an overall eyesore. I kinda wish I didn't have to display album art altogether...
    02-05-11 09:55 AM
    I use Songbird to manage my media collection and transfer songs to the Torch. I have never had any issues with this method. I can select between the media card or internal data, playlists work just fine, and everything from the id3 tags makes its way to the Torch with no issues or missing info including album art. If anything is missing it is my fault for not inputting it on the tag.
    02-05-11 10:56 AM
    Yet another complaint thread based on user error. I really hope you get these sorted out, but why open a thread saying the media player sux (when it doesn't) instead of opening a thread saying you are having a problem?

02-05-11 03:07 PM
    Yet another complaint thread based on user error. I really hope you get these sorted out, but why open a thread saying the media player sux (when it doesn't) instead of opening a thread saying you are having a problem?

Because they don't want help, they just want to complain.
    homer1475 likes this.
    02-05-11 04:15 PM
    i have a Torch and a Macbook Pro..
    i have 45 GB of music and video collection.
    i never had any problems with tags or those question marks (?) that you've mentioned.
    and i didn't have any problems with songs/videos being misplaced on a different file.
    most of the members here believe it's a USER error.
    C'mon guys.. blame the PS3, blame the Torch, blame the laptop but not the USER.
    it's the machine's fault that they didn't explain/communicate themselves clearly to the USER.
    02-05-11 05:07 PM
    E.S.T.O. = equipment superior to operator.
    02-05-11 10:22 PM
    Its your PS3, I sync over 2000 songs with mediamonkey and I have no issues at all!

02-06-11 07:39 AM
    I have 20 gbs of music on my torch and I have not one problem with any song title. Yiur ide3 tags or whatever its called aound messed up. This often happens when you rip songs from an ipod or other device simply by copy and dragging. You need to extract them properly with a program to keep the correct tags

02-06-11 09:48 AM
    well that's not a torch issue, that's a user issue. I've have never hear of, or seen such a thing until now. My torch has never done this. I have a mac so i send my music/movies through bluetooth and nothing has ever had even one "?" in its name unless the song title had a "?" in it.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com

thank you!
    02-06-11 10:02 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD